Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?

Discus and support Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing? f55893a7-05c8-4c37-b615-ec16ab388c31 Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by Alex Nichifor, Jan 13, 2024.

1. Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing?

:)

Alex Nichifor, Jan 13, 2024
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Manette élite série 2, la batterie ? [Translation-Elite 2 series controller, the battery?]

Hi matthieucarlot,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to answer your questions.

Yes, the charging dock will be included with the controller. The battery is internal so you cannot change it.

You can play and charge the controller's battery with the USB-C cable, so it should never die on you while playing if you have it plugged in to the Xbox. You can continue to charge the controller when not playing while stored in the case using the cable,
    or you can use the charging dock when outside of the case. The cable is pretty long at 9 feet.

You can find all of this information from the
    Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2
    website.

I hope this helps!
  3. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Alex, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Yes, the Elite Series 2 controller can be charged while being used when connected via wire to your console/PC.

I found this information through the following thread where the Volunteer Moderator "RainingRoses" also confirms this in the highlighted response:

https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/263531f7-2686-46cc-a4c2-e1dfbd3ffdda

Quoting the information:

"Yes, the xbox elite series 2 controller comes with overcharge protection. The controller also supports wired connection so you can play while it’s charging."

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  4. RainingRoses Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller: Charging Battery

5. KhajiBower34 Win User

Elite Controller Disconnecting

Hello RobHM1, I am an independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today. My name is Khaji

I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing disconnection issues with your Elite Series 2 controller on your Xbox Series X.

First make sure the Elite Series 2 controller battery is fully charged. A low battery can cause intermittent disconnections. It is always advisable to use fully charged batteries or keep the controller connected via a USB cable.

Check to see if firmware updates are available for your Elite Series 2 controller. You can do this through the Xbox Accessories app on your Xbox Series X console. Keeping firmware up-to-date can fix connectivity and stability issues.

If you are using the controller wirelessly, make sure there is no nearby interference that could affect the signal. Move other wireless devices such as routers, cell phones, or other Bluetooth devices away from your Xbox and the controller. You can also try changing a wired connection using a USB cable to rule out wireless connectivity issues.

If you have access to another controller, try connecting it to your Xbox Series X and playing for a while to see if you experience the same disconnection issues. This will help you determine if the issue is specifically related to the Elite Series 2 controller or if it is broader.

Reset the controller settings You can try resetting the Elite Series 2 controller to factory settings. To do this, press and hold the profile and sync buttons on the back of the controller until all four LED indicators flash. Then, pair the controller with your Xbox again and check if the issue still occurs.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  6. XBF Amber M Win User

Elite 2 Controller Mapping Letdown

Hi PsycoPyro88,

Thanks for the reply. The Elite controller series 2 has various methods of mapping the buttons and paddles as compared to the series 1. If you haven't done so already, I recommend taking a look at the following support articles that
    can assist you in determining how to set up the different functions, including how to use Shift with the controller to give you alternate inputs:

Get to know your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Use the Xbox Accessories app to customize your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2  

Use Shift with your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Adjust the thumbsticks on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

Charge your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2

If you'd like to contribute some ideas on how to make improvements to or about other ideas for the community, you may do so at the Xbox Idea Hub which is on Reddit.

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas

I hope that this information helps you out!
Thema:

1. Can you charge the elite series 2 controller while playing? - Similar Threads - charge elite series

2. Multiple charges ultimate game pass

in XBoX on Windows
    Multiple charges ultimate game pass: My husband and I both use same xbox. We are each getting charged 18.49. We were told that the ultimate game pass would apply to both. On April he was charged twice. Now we have been charged 4...
  3. My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged

in XBoX on Windows
    My xbox elite series 2 keeps getting disconnected while fully charged: I paired my controller, it shows 100% battery on bluetooth panel but then from time to time it disconnect for a few seconds but during gaming it's fatal because my character dies because of that....
  4. Elite 2 controller battery won't charge

in XBoX on Windows
    Elite 2 controller battery won't charge: Hi everyone, The battery of my Elite 2 controller is not being charged anymore. I play on a computer that has a wired controller. The battery has a lifespan of approximately 20 to 50 minutes. I...
  5. My xbox elite 2 keeps disconnecting on every device fully update fully charged even with usb

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite 2 keeps disconnecting on every device fully update fully charged even with usb: I have been encountering this issue since 2 days now it just randomly disconnects sometimes I've tried everything the controller is updated and charged even with USB cable it still happens I tried...
  6. Elite Series 2 controller is not charging, but works plugged in.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller is not charging, but works plugged in.: My elite controller is suddenly refusing to turn on unless it remains plugged in. I've tried updating and use different cables to no avail. There are no charging indicators and it is the same...
  7. My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller won't charge or turn on even when plugged in: Noticed yesterday controller getting low on battery so I plugged it in this morning the controller is completely dead and won't charge 6348e174-872b-40c4-9344-0e26ef6af345
  8. Xbox series elite 2 core charge time

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox series elite 2 core charge time: Got this controller since yesterday So i need to full charge it before use And how long does it take to charge it? d9028d90-8616-4158-8e00-81a8c36019ba
  9. Elite Series 2 charging issues

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 charging issues: My Elite series 2 controller charges just fine on the charging dock. But if I unplug the dock and plug the cable into the controller itself, it won’t charge. Very annoying because if my controller...
  10. My elite series 2 controller was charging and now won't turn on at all.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My elite series 2 controller was charging and now won't turn on at all.: As above, i have tried plugging it into different outlets, different cables you name it. The controller just stopped working after I charged it for maybe 2 hours 2cebfb06-c406-4a93-8b1e-d59b0f76e0a8