Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...

Discus and support Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I changed my gamertag for free once and I don't like it. (This is on a different account. I am just using this one for the form.)... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by NavShen, Jul 10, 2023.

1. NavShen
    NavShen Guest

Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is...

I changed my gamertag for free once and I don't like it. (This is on a different account. I am just using this one for the form.)

:)

NavShen, Jul 10, 2023
  2. Smwutches Win User

Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is there any way to change it for free the second time?

No. You only get 1 free change.
  3. RainingRoses Win User

Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is there any way to change it for free the second time?

Hello,

If the last time you changed your gamertag was before the update came into effect (June 2019), then you can change it for free (you would only be charged for any subsequent changes). Otherwise, you would need to pay if you want to change it even if you have an Xbox subscription.

Just keep in mind that if your new gamertag is considered inappropriate, the enforcement team may reset it to a random one and you won’t get another free change. Also, the limit is now 12 characters (was previously 16) and a unique auto-assigned suffix (eg. Gamertag#1234) would be added if someone else has the same one.

The official Xbox gamertag FAQ explains everything regarding this topic.

How to change your Xbox gamertag | Xbox Support

Hope this helps.
  4. Mister Cerb Win User

Where is my xbox live tenure?

Hey again Dale!

I'm sorry to say that we cannot change the Tenure of your Xbox Live account. The only thing that can change the Tenure of your Xbox Live account is the passage of time while being a Gold Member. When you have completed a second full year of
    Xbox Live Gold, your Tenure will increase to 2. It will then continue to go up from there as you spend more time as a Gold Member.
  5. IOLV Win User

just got a xbox 360

You already have Xbox Live (The free version). This was made when you created a Microsoft Account. You can change your Gamertag to anything of your choosing once for free, it is currently 'AskingCape79'. You can purchase an Xbox Live Gold Membership to enable
    online gaming and unlocks Games with Gold and Deals with Gold. Any questions about Xbox Live, your Microsoft Account or Gamertag change, just give us a shout! :)
  6. skys7 Win User

i would like to know why there is no records of my gamertag?

Your tag was offensive that´s why it got changed.

You are now showing as free member.

A free member does not show up any tenure.

It only counts the years you are a gold member.

Ones you have a gold membership again it should show the correct years.

If I get you right it´s the second time you got a forced tag change?

Maybe you wanna review the Code of Conduct again.
Thema:

1. Can you change your gamertag for free the second time if you are a live gold member? Is... - Similar Threads - change gamertag free

2. Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose my it coz I've just...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose my it coz I've just...: Hiya can I change my gamertag for free this once as i didn't choose it coz I've just only brought this account 4255addd-2661-4f2e-88ce-8eed063fdf7f
  3. free gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    free gamertag change: I was told that i Can change my gamertag first time for free. I Haven't ever changed my GT, and I either cant find the option to change it free, or i Don't get one. Please help, thank you,” we...
  4. I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before

in XBoX Accessibility
    I cannot change my gamertag for free, even though I have never changed it before: Hello! I am trying to change my gamertag on xbox, and I have never done so before. It asks me to pay 9.99 to change it, even though on the website it says that the first change is free. How can I...
  5. How do i change gamertag back to how it was for free

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change gamertag back to how it was for free: My brother changed my gamertag to something cringy on Xbox, and I can't get it back to the old gamertag, what do I do? My old one was Itspapersteve. b1164177-dfcc-4770-b03e-61aebfac6528
  6. Unable to get free Gamertag change

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to get free Gamertag change: Was told that “I updated my gamer tag” from 15 years ago. 15years that went unused by the way and that was where I used my 1 free gamer tag change. Although my old tag was not mentioned during...
  7. Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Unable to change Gamertag for free for the first time.: Hello I’m trying to change my gamertag for the first time, apparently you can do this once for free. When I select my new name and confirm that I am told it’ll cost me £7.99 Not sure why, I’ve...
  8. If i changed my gamertag once, can i change it back to the original one for free or do I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    If i changed my gamertag once, can i change it back to the original one for free or do I...: Hello. I was wondering if you had to pay the $10 fee to change your gamertag back to the original one that I started with. Please let me know if you have an answer....
  9. Why Can’t Change my Xbox Gamertag for Free?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why Can’t Change my Xbox Gamertag for Free?: So i wanted to change my Xbox Gamertag and i looked it up and many people are saying i can Change it for Free for the First time, i never Changed my Gamertag since i Created the Account but it...
  10. ive never changed my gamertag before, but it wont let me change it for free. Help?

in XBoX Accessibility
    ive never changed my gamertag before, but it wont let me change it for free. Help?: I've had this microsoft account for a couple of years now, and the same is with my gamertag. I don't like the one that was randomly generated for me, and whenever i've tried to change it, it keeps...