can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?

Discus and support can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; greetings everyone before explaining my problm ..im describing the instruments im using.. xbox series x sony 43 inches tv( smart tv capable of 5.1... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ramaganesh Palanki, Nov 20, 2023.

1. can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)?

greetings everyone

before explaining my problm ..im describing the instruments im using..

xbox series x

sony 43 inches tv( smart tv capable of 5.1 audio and dolby audio) support ARC hdmi

sony HTS700RF home theatre with gives 5.1 channel output audio..

now the problem im facing is...

when ever i play games, suchas forza ..ac valhalla,,,mirage etc... im getting best audio ..through every channel....letit be dolby or 5.1 ..yes im getting best ...

but when ever i try to play music through music streaming apps.... such as apple music( came by default in xbox series x).. im getting in stereo mode only..(even though inside settings it is diplayed as dolby audio in xbox settings and tv settings..im getting stereo output only..)

so tried to play audio which has built in spatial audio formats...in apple music .. yet there is no change...still in stereo mode only..(2.1 channel output ...no surround sound)..

how can i get multichannel output for music now?

thank you

:)

Ramaganesh Palanki, Nov 20, 2023
  2. Ramaganesh Palanki Win User

Thanks for the prompt reply…

Here is the problem im facing still…

Im able get audio in dolby when i play games. Im unable to get audio in dolby only during music play. And as above depicted, im unable to find advanced section under audio… im just getting only

Additional options

Audio testing and details

Audio setup

Only above three are visible to me..

I cant find advanced tab under any section

I tried to update the xbox and there are no updates..

I installed dolby apps but there is no change..
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Most music is stereo and so will play in stereo only

Spatial audio requires the dolby atmos app to be purchased to enable the codec.

Settings > General > Volume & audio output > Advanced. and turn bitstream on

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT212182
  4. the JeffreyTM Win User

Background music

Not sure about apple music; however, if that happens on Spotify I just have to unpause the music while on the app I'm playing and the music will resume.
  5. XBF Diego M Win User

Significant Audio Crackling/Popping When Listening to Background Music - Xbox One X

Hi James,

I read through your thread and personally I believe the issue relates to the first two bullet points you mentioned with the background music apps audio and the audio from the game are essentially competing to produce the sound over HDMI Stereo Uncompressed.
    Your test using the headset with Windows Sonic selected also leads me to believe the snapped music apps audio is interfering with the game audio and vice versa since Windows Sonic for headphones is a spatial audio technology like Dolby Atmos for headphones.
    It also improves the accuracy of the sound you hear in your games.

Snapped apps was a big thing a few years back but Microsoft removed it due to the issues associated with the feature. Background music apps are essentially an extension of snapped apps because they operate while you are playing games so bugs like this one
    may be due to snapped apps not being generally supported anymore.

Have you tried your music apps without snapping them and playing them normally without playing a game in the background?
  6. Piztup- Win User

What would you like to see in the Xbox 720

500GB+ HDD. (Or make them easy to swap). Backwards compatability. Better inbuilt music player. More video codecs recognised. (and audio ones).
Thema:

1. can xbox play dolby audio through inbuilt music apps(apple music etc)? - Similar Threads - play dolby audio

2. I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...: Is there any way to get it back? 7b2f01a3-6268-4912-bdd3-af574b74e876
  3. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  4. I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the...: I really want to play the game We Happy Few on Xbox one with my mouse and keyboard, the keyboard works well but the mouse doesn't, I tested with different mice and it didn't work...
  5. Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cloud saved game data storage full. Can’t play DLC’s: I have the DLC’s for Left 4 dead purchased and have for a long time and they used to work. My cloud saved data now says that its full and when it prompts me to click when I’m trying to load Left 4...
  6. The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video

in XBoX on Windows
    The youtube app on my xbox series s keep taking me out the app every time i play a video: Every time i open the YouTube app on my xbox series s it keeps crashing every time i try to play a video f8ad5e5e-cd5e-49ab-94d6-0aaa2dd1ee8b
  7. Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s?: Can oh Grand theft Auto v online be played from an external hard drive on Xbox series s? c7531c5d-ab58-4f9d-8106-b7206357bd12
  8. My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Xbox series s fan while playing fortnite gets loud but not that loud and I got it five...: Can you explain the to me why this is I’m scared if it’s broken or if it’s just fortnite 8cf8692e-1691-4c47-9d1c-9437e59e1920
  9. Among Us, playing from the cloud on mobile, is left thinking in a loop while looking for an...

in XboX Insiders
    Among Us, playing from the cloud on mobile, is left thinking in a loop while looking for an...: When I play using the cloud on my mobile it stays looking for online games in a loop. In the cloud console it works correctly. submitted by /u/xL3aMS1x [link] [comments]
  10. How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I make Dolby vision become active on 4 k uhd disc play back even when allow box has...: Allow box has been ticked in settings and tv is capable but playback is only in HDR , fidelity is also in 30bit 46cab499-b1d8-449d-98ea-b0b349abd034