Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS?

Discus and support Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? e468f6b7-8ad8-4413-b499-a7070c423051 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ron chezsan, Sep 26, 2023.

1. ron chezsan
    ron chezsan Guest

:)

ron chezsan, Sep 26, 2023
  2. MyJewlzHurt Win User

Will Xbox 360 slim controller work with Windows XP?

3. XBF Diego M Win User

Can the X Box One Wireless Controller with Bluetooth also be used with the X Box One Wireless Adapter for Windows 10?

Hi Beau,

Thank you for coming to the Xbox forums, I'd be happy to answer that.

The Xbox One Wireless controller with Bluetooth can be connected to a Windows 10 PC with a USB cable, Bluetooth, or with the Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10, so yes, it can be connected via the adapter. The Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10 is not
    compatible with an Xbox 360 controller and will need the Xbox 360 Wireless Gaming Receiver for Windows. I'll provide the support articles with this information:

I hope this helps!
  4. XBF Paul M Win User

xbox wireless adapters compatibility (360 one) with xbox controllers (one 360)

Hiya!

Paul from the Xbox Forums Team here to answer your questions.

1. You can use your Xbox 360 wireless controller adapter only for your Xbox 360 controller and not your Xbox One.

2. The Xbox One wireless controller can only work with the Xbox One controllers on your windows 10 PC.

3. It depends on which wireless adapter you use for the PC. Here is a link on the

compatibility for wireless adapter for Xbox One controller to PC.

I hope I was able to answer your question. Please let us know how we did.

Happy Gaming!

Paul Xbox Forums Team!
  5. Skeeter Quill Win User

Xbox 360 wired controller connected but not working on Windows 10

Hello there.

Xbox 360 wireless controllers only work on PC with the Xbox 360 Wireless PC adapter, they don't work via they Play & Charge cable. Even when you use the cable with an Xbox 360, the controller still uses the Wireless to function and the cable simply provides
    power.

If you'd like to use a 360 pad with a PC, you either need a wired one, or you'll need one of these:

Xbox 360 Wireless PC adapter.

Alternatively, you can use an Xbox One controller. With those, you can connect as you are with a USB cable, or you can connect via Bluetooth (If you have one of the newer controllers which have a rough texture on the back of the hand grips) or with an Xbox
    One Wireless PC adapter.
  6. pawncrackers Win User

Can I use my xbox 360 Wireless Adapter on my xbox one?

Hi there,

That's a negative. You can use Xbox One controllers on an Xbox One console and using the newer

wireless adapter for Windows 10
    . The X360 controller is programmed to work on Windows PCs, but relies on its own 'Xbox 360 Controller for Windows Wireless Adapter'. These can be found cheaply, second hand. Here are some useful links, for you:

Controller compatibility FAQ

Device drivers

Hope this helps,

L
Thema:

1. Can xbox 360 wireless controller adapter work in PC WINDOWS? - Similar Threads - 360 wireless controller

2. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  3. Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller not detected by windows after reconnecting it: So this is a minor problem but it still bothers me because it's so weird. When I boot up windows, while my controller is connected to the wireless dongle, it shows up just fine under "game...
  4. Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10)

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Wireless receiver detected as a xbox 360 controller (Windows 10): Whenever i plug in my Xbox wireless receiver/adapter to my computer, in the Device manager it gets detected as a controller and not an adapter. Ive tried updating the drivers but it doesn't work.i...
  5. Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 controller will not connect to Windows 10 Wireless Adapter: I just bought a "Microsoft Xbox Wireless Adapter for Windows 10" to connect my Xbox 360 controller to my PC. The adapter installed its driver when I plugged it in, and then said it was ready. I...
  6. Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android?: Is a wireless 360 controller fully supported by Android? Can it be used on an AndroidTV for use in Steam TV sharing? 7b397491-e30d-4567-8357-93ec8f879e2c
  7. Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Where to find technical specification for Play and Charge kit for Xbox 360 Wireless Controller?: Where do can I find the technical specification for the Play and Charge kit for the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller? I am trying to figure out how to power my Xbox 360 Wireless controller with 5V...
  8. Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can a wireless Xbox 360 controller on older model be used to play games?: I have a second generation I believe wireless Xbox 360 controller, it's not the new Xbox console or the Xbox one remote it's the previous one that used to get the red ring. Just wondering if that...
  9. Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 wireless controller wont charge.: I have an xbox 360(still) and its like new. i Have two wireless controllers which work with normal batteries in. I have two rechargeable battery units which wont charge up, the red light on the...
  10. Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox-360 S, wireless controller not connecting to console, What should I do?: Xbox 360 S console and controller begin the syncing process, but the connection fails and the light becomes static or stops blinking. I have tried using usb contoller, it works, but wireless...