Can we just get the extra button ids for the Elite series paddles?

Discus and support Can we just get the extra button ids for the Elite series paddles? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I don't know if this have been said before, but anyways here it goes Mapping the paddles on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 can provide... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/MauroNRa, Aug 11, 2023.

1. /u/MauroNRa
    /u/MauroNRa Guest

I don't know if this have been said before, but anyways here it goes

Mapping the paddles on your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 can provide some extra buttons on your controller! By mapping keyboard keys in the game to actions that are not already mapped to an existing button, you can get four extra actions that you can do on the controller that you otherwise could not. For the Xbox Adaptive Controller, map keyboard keys to the X1/X2 ports for the same benefit.

Can we just, you know, get 4 different button ids for the paddles? That way we wouldn't have to do this work around to get 4 extra inputs?

Like PL1, PL2 and PR1 and PR2 (If you don't like numbers then us bottom/back and top/front)

submitted by /u/MauroNRa
    [link] [comments]

/u/MauroNRa, Aug 11, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Elite 2 controller paddle defaults

Hello DavidLindsey5,

Happy Holidays!

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

As per description, you are inquiring if paddles on the Xbox Elite 2 controller have default settings and if they already mapped to a button out of the box.

Here's what we got from our research.

No, the Elite Series 2 controller does not come with paddles. Paddles are an optional extra that can be purchased separately. What does the button in the middle of the Elite Series 2 controller do? The button in the middle of the Elite Series 2 controller can be used to change the controller’s profiles.

It can be configured, check on this link. Configure your Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 | Xbox Support.

We also provided you some features of the controller. Xbox Elite Wireless Controller features | Xbox Support

We hope it worked out well for you. If not, please reply back to this forum to let us know so we could find other options to resolve the problem.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. XS1CkSk1LLZX94 Win User

Microsoft, Please Make a 360-style Xbox One Controller

They've just got extra buttons I have an elite and a razer tournament and I don't even bother using the extra paddles I just forget about them lol but you can map any button to them so I suppose you can press a certain button of your choice faster but
    I find they get in the way half the time
  4. NeoDan123 Win User

Xbox elite controller 2

Each Elite controller series 2 comes with 1 set of paddles. You can order replacement paddles, thumbsticks etc.

Series 1 paddles, thumbsticks is not compatible with series 2.
  5. Skeeter Quill Win User

Elite Controller, no drivers?

The paddles on the Elite controller can only be mapped through the Xbox Accessories app on the Xbox One or Windows 10, otherwise they default to ABXY. They are mapped through the controller itself, you press a paddle on the controller, the controller then
    sends the mapped command to the PC/Console. Thus they can only be mapped to duplicate other buttons on the controller and cannot be mapped to commands that are "outside" of the regular Xbox Controller inputs.

Basically they aren't an extra 4 buttons, rather an alternative 4 buttons.

Also, if they are not responding at all, try double tapping the sync button on the top of the controller. When turning the paddles off, you get 4 short bursts of vibration, when turning the paddles on, you get one longer burst of vibration.
  6. AGEN7 YORK Win User

Xbox elite 2 controller paddle not working

This is pretty common with the elite series 2 as the button becomes more concave over time. I make replacement buttons that are a bit longer to correct it you can get them here: https://www.etsy.com/listing/1298188299/xbox-elite-series-2-paddle-button?click_key=6736aad83c5611c0fe1e0f2296d4a2f15d5be29a%3A1298188299&click_sum=efa5ba2e&ref=shop_home_active_1&frs=1

Let me know if you have any questions!
Thema:

1. Can we just get the extra button ids for the Elite series paddles? - Similar Threads - extra button ids

2. I see an extra disk on lenovo vantage named MSFT XVDD. How do i remove this?

in XBoX on Windows
    I see an extra disk on lenovo vantage named MSFT XVDD. How do i remove this?: I have deleted the game but it is still there. 65c11845-0c5c-452c-b6fc-5741d55a7d51
  3. Xbox Preview Delta Tier - Xbox guide on friends tab is extra wide.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Preview Delta Tier - Xbox guide on friends tab is extra wide.: New update makes the Xbox guide extra wide for seemingly no reason, I can’t imagine this being something on purpose… A few days ago they added a “Happening now” tab side bar to the guide when on...
  4. my right back pedal (used for an extra b button) suddenly switched to rb.

in XBoX on Windows
    my right back pedal (used for an extra b button) suddenly switched to rb.: hello! ive been having trouble with the right back pedal on my controller. before i explain some more, this isnt a old controller, its actually quite new. i bought it less then a month ago....
  5. Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can’t my wife and I play multi player on snowrunner without paying extra?: Wife and I bought Snowrunner because it’s multiplayer and seemed fun. Hit co-op and you need Live?! We’re using the same Xbox. Why can’t we play the game we bought together without paying extra?...
  6. I'm trying to sign into an account on my Xbox. Just an extra account I made.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I'm trying to sign into an account on my Xbox. Just an extra account I made.: Everytime i try to sign into the account the xbox says I'm trying to access sensitive information so i need to confirm my account and enter the password. I do then it says it must send me a code...
  7. City Skylines 2 Ultimate Edition, pre ordered, why are all my add ons and extras not...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    City Skylines 2 Ultimate Edition, pre ordered, why are all my add ons and extras not...: I loaded the game and my two bonus maps not showing up I dont see any bonus landmarks. San francisco assets nowhere to be seen. I re-installed the game so 4 hours of waiting and result is still...
  8. Removing extra numbers on gamertag

in XBoX on Consoles
    Removing extra numbers on gamertag: So I like my gamertag the way that it's supposed to be but I did a light change to it and now there's extra Numbers at the end and it just totally defaces my numbers that I added and blends in it...
  9. How to get extra home xbox switch?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to get extra home xbox switch?: Hello, I started gamesharing with a friend a couple weeks back but he then stopped his gameshare by changing his password but he still had access to my account. Today I started gamesharing with...
  10. At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons.

in XboX Insiders
    At least on PC, Elite Series 2 Controller's paddles should be extra buttons.: Controllers started as 1 stick and 1 button. Then the Nintendo upped that to a "Stick" and 4 Buttons. Then Nintendo added 4 more buttons (8 total), Sega added 2 on top of that (10 total). Then...