Can we get an update on the File Explorer app on Xbox?

Discus and support Can we get an update on the File Explorer app on Xbox? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I want to add more custom images for both my Xbox background or gamer pic, but I worry about adding a duplicate image sometimes. And File Explorer, as... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by JediWarrior9153, Jul 27, 2023.

1. Can we get an update on the File Explorer app on Xbox?

I want to add more custom images for both my Xbox background or gamer pic, but I worry about adding a duplicate image sometimes. And File Explorer, as it currently is, does not allow me to remove any files.

:)

JediWarrior9153, Jul 27, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

I would recommend you to submit your suggestion here :)

This forum collects ideas and suggestions from users to improve the experience

https://www.reddit.com/r/XboxInsiders/wiki/xbox...
  3. Mt 11 5 Win User

My files explorer problem

I think he literally meant "My Files Explorer" which is a non-MS app and not the one that you are referring to. Dev is Marcelo de Souza. Link is: https://www.microsoft.com/p/my-files-explorer/9msrp54s8d43. I also think he meant version 2.0.66.70, as that is the version I have, is currently showing as the latest, and I can no longer see hardly anything in that app whereas a month ago I could move files all around with it. Any tips as to what broke that app? Did the Xbox get an update that restricted its access, and if so, how can we grant it the permission again? FYI, I'm on Xbox One Series X.
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Help

Hi Arran. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Xbox File Explorer was discontinued many years ago, and file system access for apps was disabled in a system update a couple years ago, so 3rd party file explorers no longer work either sadly.

Please reach back if you have further questions.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Explorador de arquivos[Translation-file explorer]

Hi Vortex,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you have question on a file. For the Xbox this file attaches to edge. As file explorer is no longer available as it was discontinued. As there is no app compatible this file will not do anything on the console.
    The only option I know is to do a
    factory reset
    as there is no official file explorer any longer.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Chris_249 Win User

bring back file explorer

Oh please.

The free ware version has been removed because now there are newer "free" file explorer apps with very limited functionality which in turn will force you to purchase the so called "Pro" version of the apps. Its obvious that this is the very reason they have
    removed the file explorer app we used to use.

So dissapointed!!!!!
Thema:

1. Can we get an update on the File Explorer app on Xbox? - Similar Threads - update File Explorer

2. Xbox Update Stuck.

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Update Stuck.: Hey! So I started updating me xbox and now it's stuck on 2%. Any help please? It won't move at all and im scared If I turn it off it will get corrupted. 31d91c7a-a0d2-4904-84bd-53f94fc5a103
  3. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  4. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha (2408.240620-0830) Feel free...
  5. June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)

in XboX Insiders
    June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830): Hey Xbox Insiders! We are releasing a new Xbox Update Preview today. Check the release notes linked below to learn more: June 24, 2024 - Xbox Update Preview - Alpha Skip-Ahead (2408.240620-0830)...
  6. when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash

in XBoX on Consoles
    when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash: when pluging a flash to my xbox one console to do an offline update it does not see the flash i formatted it to ntfs and installed the osu1 extracted it put it in the flash and then plugged my...
  7. [PLEASE] Update OSU1 file, someone of Xbox is aware of this?

in XboX Insiders
    [PLEASE] Update OSU1 file, someone of Xbox is aware of this?: I don't know who contact, I love Xbox but I'm having problems, my xbox can't install offline update, my xbox internal storage got damage and I had to replace once replaced I try to restore my xbox...
  8. cant offline update my xbox one because of old OSU1 file.

in XBoX on Consoles
    cant offline update my xbox one because of old OSU1 file.: cant offline my xbox one because the osu1 file is 2 months old and its september now and the older osu1 files wont work on latest updated xbox consoles. if anyone has the capability to contact...
  9. wheres the latest OSU1 update file microsoft

in XBoX on Consoles
    wheres the latest OSU1 update file microsoft: I was gonna offline update my 2015 original xbox one with an internal ssd plugged in and when atempting to update and when it goes to %1 it fails the update and going back to the troubleshoot...
  10. Xbox One OSU1 offline update file needs a version number

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One OSU1 offline update file needs a version number: Somewhere, you need to document what version of OS is available in the current OSU1 file. How is anyone supposed to know? I have wasted about a dozen hours trying to replace a hard drive in an...