Can use apps, but not games. Wants me to enter alt Mac address or authenticate

Discus and support Can use apps, but not games. Wants me to enter alt Mac address or authenticate in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; So I have an issue regarding my network. This only happens with one specific network. I left my Xbox untouched for about a week, not turned on or... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by William_624, Dec 1, 2023.

1. William_624
    William_624 Guest

So I have an issue regarding my network. This only happens with one specific network. I left my Xbox untouched for about a week, not turned on or nothing. I come back and didn't use it for the whole day. The next day, my Xbox turns on by itself and has YouTube open. I close it and turn off my Xbox, thinking it must've been some random bug. I try it later, but it's acting strange. None of the tabs are working except for the home or profile tab. I check my connection and it says it's connected. But only apps work. None of my games work, and when I try to open them, they say I need to be online in order to use them. I restarted my Xbox and router many times, unplugged power sources from both and nothing has worked. I used a mobile Hotspot for my Xbox, and that worked, but it isn't a long term solution. When I put sign into my wifi, it asks me to either authenticate, or enter alternate Mac address. I don't know what to do for either of them. Please help.

:)

William_624, Dec 1, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

You'd have to contact your internet provider or router manufacturer for help with changing your router settings.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. William_624 Win User

I haven't tried contacting the provider. My router shouldn't be incompatable since it worked in the past, but it could've been a change in router settings. Any idea how I can get into it and change the router settings?
  4. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi William_624. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

This issue can be caused by your router, your router's settings, or a problem on your internet provider's end. Have you contacted your internet provider? The most likely case is that your router isn't configured correctly or is incompatible.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  5. BlacksmithHalt Win User

Multiplayer in a hotel???

the answer is simple Microsoft does not want you to use the alt mac address been an issue since Feb of 2014 since that fated update came out it broke the online gaming aspect of the alt mac address. the reuse time and time again to fix this bug and lock
    all threads that bring up this huge problem.
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Xbox Wireless Network Issues.

Hello Callum,

Lets try clearing alt mac. Want you to go to settings>network>network settings>adv. settings> alt mac address- clear and restart. try this and let us know how it goes. You can try a wired connection also.

Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. Can use apps, but not games. Wants me to enter alt Mac address or authenticate - Similar Threads - apps games Wants

2. I reset my console and kept my apps and games and now it wants me to use my controller and...

in XBoX on Windows
    I reset my console and kept my apps and games and now it wants me to use my controller and...: Need help setting up my xbox one s with out a controller and only having a media remote. I reset my console and kept apps and games and now it wants me to use a controller which I don't have and...
  3. I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want to install games on my (D:) drive but the Xbox app won't let me select it. What can...: I've been trying to install games on the (D:) drive through the Xbox app but when I try to, it doesn't let me select it and defaults back to the (C:) drive. Does anyone know why it's doing this?...
  4. hello, I have some games installed on my PC in the xbox game app, but when I want to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello, I have some games installed on my PC in the xbox game app, but when I want to play...: hello, I have some games installed on my PC in the xbox game app, but when I want to play them in the xbox cloud, the icon for the cloud does not appear, what can I do? <Changed to a question>...
  5. Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app won't let me install games through gamepass. Please someone help!! I just want to...: Have tried factory resetting but didn't work. Gamingroot folder seems to be missing even with hidden files are on but I don't know how to make one. Please someone help me. Just want to play games....
  6. Hey I want to ask that will Xbox cloud gaming on Xbox game pass app will release in...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hey I want to ask that will Xbox cloud gaming on Xbox game pass app will release in...: Hey I want to ask that will Xbox cloud gaming on Xbox game pass app will release in Pakistan or not? 03c80cd4-e89f-4b59-bed0-49bdc1a664f0
  7. I want my Xbox app to discover existing game files

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I want my Xbox app to discover existing game files: Hello , i have sea of thieves Xbox app pc , my friend gave me the game files , now i want to allocate the files for Xbox app to discover them instead of redownloading it ,i need help in this...
  8. game doesnt want to download on xbox app for pc!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    game doesnt want to download on xbox app for pc!: When I download my game its stuck on downloading and when it does download by a miracle it goes for a second and stops then I must restrt the app just for it to diassapear from the queue and need...
  9. Xbox app on PC not working as intended, not downloading the game I want.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox app on PC not working as intended, not downloading the game I want.: I would like to start this off with saying that this was probably 100% my fault, I was a idiot and tried restarting my computer while it was downloading. Anyways, I am downloading the game from...
  10. Having to reset console every time i want to play a game or use a app, has anyone else had...

in XboX Insiders
    Having to reset console every time i want to play a game or use a app, has anyone else had...: I can play whatever i want once i reset the console (series X) even go to a streaming app. But I’ve i turn it on and then on i have to hold the power button down everyday. submitted by...