Can underage players be blocked from each other permanently?

Discus and support Can underage players be blocked from each other permanently? in XBoX Rewards & Social to solve the problem; I'm a vice principal of a small school for students with behavioral needs. Recently a group of students has begun playing games online together and are... Discussion in 'XBoX Rewards & Social' started by VP2370, May 29, 2024.

1. VP2370
    VP2370 Guest

I'm a vice principal of a small school for students with behavioral needs. Recently a group of students has begun playing games online together and are using the chat and ability to talk to each other in maladaptive ways (bullying, inappropriate conversations etc, threats to fight at school). Is there a way to block users from each other permanently? Can this be done through the console rather than the game?

:)

VP2370, May 29, 2024
  2. Lumie Helps Win User

Hi there VP2370.

I am Lumie and I love to assist you today.

I am so sorry to hear about your students.

Most online games have built-in features that allow users to block or mute other players. This prevents any form of interaction, including chat and voice communication. It's important to familiarize yourself with these features and guide the students on how to use them.

There are several third-party parental control software options available that can help monitor and control online interactions. Software such as Net Nanny, Norton Family, and Qustodio allows for blocking specific contacts and monitoring communication.

If the students are playing on consoles like Xbox or PlayStation, these systems have their own set of parental controls. These controls can be configured to block or restrict communication with specific users. Here’s how it can be done:

PlayStation:

Account Settings: Navigate to the Family Management settings. Here, you can manage the communication settings for child accounts.
    Blocking Users: Go to the “Friends” section, select the user to block, and choose “Block.”

Xbox:

Account Settings: Use the Xbox Family Settings app or the console’s Family Settings to control who can communicate with whom.
    Blocking Users: Go to the user’s profile, select “More,” and choose “Block.”

I hope this helps!

Let me know if I can be of any further assistance. -Lumie
  3. Exo202 Win User

How does everyone fell about encounters with minors on age restricted games, and how should it be dealt with as an xbox ambassador ?

Blocking the account is one course of action. If you know they are under age to block them in the first place, you know they are underage and shouldn't be exchanging info with them anyway.

I am an adult gamer and I only block the most offensive and vulgar accounts. I also have two daughters who game, and frequently play with me. I've taught them never to exchange information online, and as an adult I know not to ask it of other players.

As an Ambassador we have a responsibility to promote awareness and foster safety in gaming. I try to pay attention to chat, and have intervened more than once when voice chat goes where it shouldn't. If you simply respect other players and acr appropriately
    dealing with underage gamers is never an issue for you.
  4. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Xbox Spam Adding

5. choppyseize Win User

adding friends to xbox live in minecraft pocket edition

Yes as stated you need your parents to make some adjustments in the family account they manage so you can add each other. Since you're underage this is required
  6. AngelObullets Win User

Xbox enforcement protest

Hi there Rex

It is recommended if you come across a toxic player, it be better to block and report the user. But throwing insults to and from each others won't help the case in any form.
Thema:

1. Can underage players be blocked from each other permanently? - Similar Threads - underage players blocked

2. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  3. I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...

in XBoX on Windows
    I lost my player career mode when I auto saved two careers while playing online. Can I get...: Is there any way to get it back? 7b2f01a3-6268-4912-bdd3-af574b74e876
  4. Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?

in XboX Insiders
    Closed bluray player app then screen went black, what do i do?: I was watching neon genesis evangelion on bluray and i wanted to play gta before my mom got back home and when i closed the app it weny black. I tried pushing the xbox button on the controller ive...
  5. Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why can’t I play single player on games that offer both- single and multiplayer options?: I have Minecraft and other games that allow you to play solo, no multiplayer. When I click the game it says “ looks like you need to renew Xbox game pass. If your subscriptions current try...
  6. Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S)

in XboX Insiders
    Choppy party chat issues when multiple players join the party (Xbox Series S): I have issues hearing multiple people in party chat. I live in a building with one of my friends (Friend A) and the other one lives a few miles away (Friend B). Friend A plays on PC, while friend...
  7. How do I get past “loading player profile” on black ops 4 on series x?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I get past “loading player profile” on black ops 4 on series x?: How do I get past “loading player profile” on black ops 4 on series x? 17b577b5-09a1-4bb2-a43c-410e7f771907
  8. 2 player

in XBoX on Consoles
    2 player: I set up the second controller ok with another account I had for grandson but we can not get it to work for 2 player games everytime it asks I press the check box and then my second account but it...
  9. Can you add the pop player app on xbox

in XBoX on Windows
    Can you add the pop player app on xbox: Hey xbox can you please add the pop player app on microsoft store please 362c070b-c143-4730-97c9-38c8f9805a36
  10. Profanity Filter & Account says I am underage?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Profanity Filter & Account says I am underage?: I am not a child, and I do not want a profanity filter on my account, and I also want to be able to purchase a realm. I am not a part of a family, yet restrictions still apply. Someone help me...