can two seperate PCs use the same account with game pass? how does it work?

Discus and support can two seperate PCs use the same account with game pass? how does it work? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; i recently bought game pass on the PC and i have a friend who is interested in a game title that i dont play, can i share my account with them and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Nod Commando, Oct 14, 2023.

1. Nod Commando
    Nod Commando Guest

i recently bought game pass on the PC and i have a friend who is interested in a game title that i dont play,

can i share my account with them and could we simultaneously play two different games at the same time? can we use different gamertags? i do know that this is how it works with steam and i cant find any clear answer anywhere regarding PC game pass

P.S: none of us owns an xbox, we are primarily pc players

:)

Nod Commando, Oct 14, 2023
  2. kyle_m4496 Win User

Hi Nod. My name is Kyle and I'm an independent advisor.

Game Pass can be shared with your family, only on an Xbox console.

Some people have gotten this working by signing into the Microsoft Store with the account which has the subscription and then signing in to the Xbox app with the other account. This will not work for all games, some require the MS Store and Xbox app account to match.

Also, note that Game Pass is only supposed to be shared within the family, and giving account details to friends is against Microsoft's ToS.

Thanks,
    Kyle
  3. Nod Commando Win User

Hi kyle, thank you for the information,
    is family sharing still available then? i cant find an option for that when i try to manage my account or my subscription, i've read on a previous thread that its no longer available? information on stuff like this is very scarce
  4. Zenosos Win User

Game Pass Ultimate PC e Console simultâneo.

Realistically this wouldn’t work, it only works if both of you are sharing on xbox using the home xbox feature and having both accounts on the same xbox. If you plan on playing at same time across two seperate devices it wont work with two seperate accounts.
    As mentioned it is advised not to use the same account shared to play at the same time
  5. Jay (Vijayasimha BR) Win User

Using the same XBOX Game Pass subscription on two PCs

I have about 6 PCs and I am using the same game pass on all the PCs and also on iPad and iPhone. Of course, I can only play one PC at a time. I cannot have two games running on two different computers at the same time.

All Game Pass (basic and ultimate or any other plan) works on multiple PCs.
  6. H3PA80R Win User

xbox gamepass

It does include the game pass on the PC. Are you using the same account for your Xbox and your PC? It will only work if both are the same. Also check your PC for any Windows updates. Maybe there are missing some and that is the case it won´t work.
Thema:

1. can two seperate PCs use the same account with game pass? how does it work? - Similar Threads - seperate PCs same

2. Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question regarding transferring memory between 2 pcs: Hello, I have a question regarding transferring memory, specifically windows. I have 2 pcs. The first one has 3 forms of memory. 1 hard-rive and two SSDS. On the hard-rive I have windows and other...
  3. Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't get kids access to Minecraft Java on their PCs with my purchased Minecraft Java...: I can't get MINECRAFT to play on my kid's computers. It keeps asking for another $29.99 per account even though we are all linked under the Microsoft Family App. This is extremely frustrating....
  4. How do my son and I use the same xbox account on seperate consoles with different profiles

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do my son and I use the same xbox account on seperate consoles with different profiles: My son has had an xob for 10 years and has been using my MS account to login into his xbox. I have recently purchased my own and would like to use my account. I don't want my son to lose all his...
  5. Cannot connect to Sea of Thieves or any other Xbox Game on any of my PCs

in XBoX on Consoles
    Cannot connect to Sea of Thieves or any other Xbox Game on any of my PCs: I am unable to log in to Sea of Thieves without a VPN on either of my 2 PCs regardless of what account I use. It will only let me play when I connect a VPN, but then I have really high ping and...
  6. I am getting Dirty Disc error for the same game on two seperate discs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I am getting Dirty Disc error for the same game on two seperate discs: I had a copy of Guitar Hero Live from years ago that I wanted to play on my Xbox One again. I tried to play it and got an error that disk was dirty. I tied cleaning it but it still did not work....
  7. I would like to know is it possible to have 2 seperate accounts if its bought 2 times on 1

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I would like to know is it possible to have 2 seperate accounts if its bought 2 times on 1: Hello there, I am asking if its possible that if i bought minecraft java for my birthday 23rd april 2021 (i think) and i got xbox game pass ultimate also around may or april this year. I would...
  8. How do i record Xbox gamebar party chat on a seperate audio track using obs? Or how do i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i record Xbox gamebar party chat on a seperate audio track using obs? Or how do i...: Ive been trying to figure this out for months. When recording with OBS Studio, im unable to record party chat outputting from xbox game bar audio on pc in a seperate audio track so i have that...
  9. Account Seperation?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Seperation?: I need to separate my account information from my daughters xbox. But still save all of her information from mind craft and other games. Need help 8678fa10-cfb4-4d0a-a474-0279347dc698
  10. How do I recover my lost Email and Password (i’m using a seperate account right now)

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover my lost Email and Password (i’m using a seperate account right now): So i have made a Microsoft account for Minecraft in the past,ever since i switched consoles it logged me off and i dont have my data anywhere.Is there a way to recover or Unlink my current account...