Can the xbox one kinect be used as a mic on Xbox 360 games?

Discus and support Can the xbox one kinect be used as a mic on Xbox 360 games? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; In reference to backwards compatible titles on the xbox one like Halo Reach. 07fbcb7a-c01c-4b54-96ad-91269fddf651 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ICORONA13, Dec 21, 2015.

1. ICORONA13
    ICORONA13 Guest

In reference to backwards compatible titles on the xbox one like Halo Reach.

:)

ICORONA13, Dec 21, 2015
  2. vikingland1
    vikingland1 Guest
    Day one update - Add the blueray option

Xbox One comes with Kinect it can be used as a mic. If you don't want to use Kinect as a mic then buy a headset. I have no problem using Kinect as a mic.

vikingland1, Dec 21, 2015
  3. PLEASE HELP

How can you use your xbox one Kinect as a mic on the xbox 360 emulator on xbox one????

TheBlackWolf909, Dec 21, 2015
  4. maxen
    maxen Guest

Hello Icorona,

It was stated that no Xbox 360 Kinect games would be backwards compatibility due to incompatibilities with the Kinect peripherals, which leads me to believe you would be unable to use the Xbox One Kinect for Xbox 360 game chat, but unfortunately I do not
    know for sure.

If you want to try this, in Kinect's settings make sure that "use Kinect for chat" is enabled and then load up the Xbox 360 game in question. If it works, it works; but if not, as I suspect, then it's likely just something that is not supported.

Sorry for the lack of a definitive answer, but I hope this helps.

maxen, Dec 21, 2015
  5. ICORONA13
    ICORONA13 Guest
    It didn't work, but thanks for the answer!

ICORONA13, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: