Can the Xbox be used as a hotspot?

Discus and support Can the Xbox be used as a hotspot? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I want to use my Xbox which is LAN as a hotspot for the kids room? 4a0b71fe-0fb7-467f-a4ae-387caf15f335 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Joel Beckett, May 9, 2024.

1. Joel Beckett
    Joel Beckett Guest

I want to use my Xbox which is LAN as a hotspot for the kids room?

:)

Joel Beckett, May 9, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, Joel B. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I regret to inform you, but Xbox consoles can't be used as hotspots/repeaters. Therefore, it's not possible to do what you're asking for.

Instead, you may want to consider getting a Wi-Fi repeater/extender.

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. M3tal Daz3 Win User

how do i tether my xbox one to my android phone

If your mobile data plan includes the hotspot feature, you can turn on the phone's wi-fi hotspot, and then connect the Xbox to that hotspot as if it were any other wi-fi router. But be aware that most plans have a limit on how much data you can use to tether,
    and the Xbox would probably use a lot.
  4. Lady Nataleigh Win User

Xbox one

If your Xbox can connect to your Hotspot, the game should download. Do be warned though that if you're using a Mobile Hotspot, downloading games can eat through your data.
  5. Ice DjKilla Win User

How to successfully connect to Hotel internet {Xbox 360}

You could also start a VPN.

Also could use a hotspot service on your laptop. In which, you would connect to a hotel wifi on your laptop, broadcast your wifi signal out using a hotspot app. Then connect your xbox to the said hotspot from your computer. Then you can sustain connection
    to Xbox Live.
  6. Bandido1508 Win User

My 360 will connect to my att hotspot

Getting a hotspot to work with an xbox can be really tricky, most hotspots do not have the configuration settings of a standard router. You could be having issues with DNS or DHCP

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/all/connecting-my-xbox-to-my-mobile-hotspot/589d9e0c-93eb-4ffd-9f8b-c8243e63a2a1
Thema:

1. Can the Xbox be used as a hotspot? - Similar Threads - used hotspot

2. My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days

in XBoX on Consoles
    My iphone hotspot wont connect to my xbox even though ive been using it for the past 9 days: it connects but does not let me use any of the online features and when i test the connection it says additional information required but proceeds not to load the page it redirects me to Also it...
  3. How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot: That's all, just how do I connect my Xbox with IPV6 if I'm using an Xfinity hotspot. It's only showing IPV4. 451a2b19-5dd1-4bb6-bafe-4b68bd49833c
  4. I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to use my Mobile Hotspot to play Xbox. Connect but doesn't work: So my Mobile Hotspot will connect to my Xbox.And when I say test internet connection, it says can't connect to the internet.I says you need to work on your internet service provider to fix your...
  5. How do I fix ipv6 settings on my Xbox and mobile phone its what I use as a Hotspot

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix ipv6 settings on my Xbox and mobile phone its what I use as a Hotspot: I need to fix my network connection 26aecd40-adcb-46aa-b7b0-b88bbc63fe30
  6. Can’t login to Xbox live on black ops 1 backwards compatibility using personal hotspot from...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t login to Xbox live on black ops 1 backwards compatibility using personal hotspot from...: Can’t login to Xbox live on black ops 1 backwards compatibility using personal hotspot from iPhone? e9e7f93a-1ce1-4abd-92a2-23084de3a7e4
  7. My laptop is able to use the hotspot wifi but is unable to use it for online games. Why is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My laptop is able to use the hotspot wifi but is unable to use it for online games. Why is...: My laptop is able to use the hotspot wifi but is unable to use it for online games. Why is it not detected? and how do I fix it? Valorant and Genshin Impact doesn't detect it and when I run the...
  8. iPhone hotspot won’t allow me to use party chat

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    iPhone hotspot won’t allow me to use party chat: I tried to start a party on my Xbox series x and s multiple times and it would keep connecting me to the party without be able to actually join, and after like a good minute it disconnects each...
  9. iPhone hotspot won’t allow me to use party chat

in XBoX on Mobile
    iPhone hotspot won’t allow me to use party chat: Ive been using my iphone hotspot for years to play xbox and have had litle issues until now. The other day i was playing with no issues until i got off and got back on an hour or 2 later. I tried...
  10. Can I use my hotspot to login instead of wifi?

in XboX Networking Hardware
    Can I use my hotspot to login instead of wifi?: Can I use my hotspot to login instead of wifi? Should not be an issue to complete this task f3245fe2-1773-49af-ad1a-f4cac1094668