Can the Straight Talk Mobile Wifi work with Xbox 360 S

Discus and support Can the Straight Talk Mobile Wifi work with Xbox 360 S in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Recently, we got a new mobile wifi to repace our verizon one that broke. Tried to connect it last night but when I tested the connection, it dosen't... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by emark4, Jul 9, 2014.

1. emark4
    emark4 Guest

Recently, we got a new mobile wifi to repace our verizon one that broke. Tried to connect it last night but when I tested the connection, it dosen't work,even with 3 to 4 bars appearing.

I have been thinking, what if my new wifi isnt compatible. Its not like the wifi is run by verizon or At&T. Can anyone confirm this?

Here is the infomation about the wifi Iam using:

Name: Straight Talk Wi-FI Hotspot. (It has UMX labled on the back as well)

Model: U240C

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Straight-Talk-WiFi-Mobile-HotSpot-3G/30824075

Please let me know if you need more infomation about my wi fi situation. I appreciate any help here. Thanks.

:)

emark4, Jul 9, 2014
  2. MissedMoney1
    MissedMoney1 Guest
    Why won't my xbox 360 connect

So my xbox 360 will connect to my straight talk hotspot but it will not connect to xbox live or internet for some reason it works through wifi. Plz help

MissedMoney1, Jul 9, 2014
  3. Andrew 540
    Andrew 540 Guest
    Question about router setup

A wireless router is your best bet. Your xbox and computer can work with ethernet cables and if you have a mobile with wifi it can connect too. The set up is straight forward and there is always telephone support if you
    need it.

Andrew 540, Jul 9, 2014
  4. Can the Straight Talk Mobile Wifi work with Xbox 360 S

Hey there, SurplusNose41! The 360 doesn't work well on 3G/4G connections, as listed here on our

Xbox Live information page
    (under Wireless Connection). That would be the most likely reason why you're running into connection problems.

Misses Quinzel, Jul 11, 2014
  5. emark4
    emark4 Guest
    Thanks for the reply. One more thing, would the Xbox One work with 3G/4g connections? I may upgrade to that console if my Straight Talk WiFi is compatible with it. Thanks.

emark4, Jul 12, 2014
  6. F0rCeFuL63
    F0rCeFuL63 Guest
    for the record I have been running off mobile hotspot for the past 3 years and yes absolutely it will work from 3g connection so therefore your information is wrong

F0rCeFuL63, Mar 18, 2016
  7. I also am running off my Hotspot it work fine. It is 4G lte

DeadlyHat8749, Mar 24, 2016
  8. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Thanks for the information!

Please be sure not to bump older threads, as this thread is back from 2014. If you ever have any Xbox Support questions please create a new thread and let us know Can the Straight Talk Mobile Wifi work with Xbox 360 S :)

Mister Maka, Oct 31, 2018
  9. F0rCeFuL63 Win User

for the record I have been running off mobile hotspot for the past 3 years and yes absolutely it will work from 3g connection so therefore your information is wrong
  10. Misses Quinzel Win User

Hey there, SurplusNose41! The 360 doesn't work well on 3G/4G connections, as listed here on our

Xbox Live information page
    (under Wireless Connection). That would be the most likely reason why you're running into connection problems.
  11. DeadlyHat8749 Win User

I also am running off my Hotspot it work fine. It is 4G lte
  12. emark4 Win User

Thanks for the reply. One more thing, would the Xbox One work with 3G/4g connections? I may upgrade to that console if my Straight Talk WiFi is compatible with it. Thanks.
  13. Mister Maka Win User

Thanks for the information!

Please be sure not to bump older threads, as this thread is back from 2014. If you ever have any Xbox Support questions please create a new thread and let us know :)
Thema:

1. Can the Straight Talk Mobile Wifi work with Xbox 360 S - Similar Threads - Straight Talk Mobile

2. What to do if Microsoft hasn’t fixed my Xbox Series X in 4 straight returns, what should I do?

in XBoX on Windows
    What to do if Microsoft hasn’t fixed my Xbox Series X in 4 straight returns, what should I do?: So my Xbox series X has constantly had this problem where it will just randomly shut off during use, and I have sent it in to the Microsoft repair center 4 times now. Every time I’ve gotten it...
  3. Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox one turn on and then off straight away?: Hi, I was wondering why when i turn my xbox one console on, why it turns on with no startup sounds and 5 seconds later it turns off. It started Yesterday, I was on it watching youtube when all of...
  4. Roblox just straight up not working.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Roblox just straight up not working.: I have done everything I can for the Microsoft store Roblox to work, but it just won't work. Yes, I've tried the command prompt, the Windows PowerShell, you name it. It will open, Show the logo...
  5. When will straight profit not be the only priority?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    When will straight profit not be the only priority?: So, So effing tired of this. REC not working fourth or fifth day now. At least the third time this season it's done this. It's not in need of an update. 400GB available; no update. I don't know...
  6. Getting kicked straight to dashboard with online games, happening on multiple Xbox Series X...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Getting kicked straight to dashboard with online games, happening on multiple Xbox Series X...: Hello, On Xbox Series X I am getting kicked from online games (disc and digital) back to the Xbox dashboard, after 5 to 30 minutes of playing. No disconnect messages or error codes, straight to...
  7. My Xbox Series S will turn on but then after a minute or two turn itself straight off. Is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox Series S will turn on but then after a minute or two turn itself straight off. Is...: Recently I tried to turn on my Xbox Series S but it wouldn't display anything on my screen. Then I noticed that it was turning itself off. There was a big thunderstorm in my area the day before so...
  8. How can i make my aircraft go straight?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can i make my aircraft go straight?: Hello i play microsoft flight simulator and i have a big problem , when i pull the stick fro example right then myu aircraft keeps spinning to the right and when i pull my stick to the left it...
  9. i keeping going straight from lobby into game and losing my crowns.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i keeping going straight from lobby into game and losing my crowns.: I keep going from lobby into game, and losing my crown 75f467f3-cc75-469a-a479-88e3110b2a70
  10. Comcast/Xfinity X1: Straight Talk ZTE

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Comcast/Xfinity X1: Straight Talk ZTE: Comcast/Xfinity (Set-top Boxes) X1: Straight Talk ZTE How can I get it to connect to the hot spot it's got full signal but no connection fff48faa-8108-4eeb-bcaa-ae706b6e3537