Can the IE app on Xbox 360 infect your PC/Laptop?

Discus and support Can the IE app on Xbox 360 infect your PC/Laptop? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I'm want to use the IE explorer app for the first time, but I was wondering is it possible for websites give your xbox a virus that can infect your... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by LostShaolin, Feb 9, 2015.

1. LostShaolin
    LostShaolin Guest

I'm want to use the IE explorer app for the first time, but I was wondering is it possible for websites give your xbox a virus that can infect your router, modem, PC or laptops?

:)

LostShaolin, Feb 9, 2015
  2. Elohmn
    Elohmn Guest
    How can I remotely control my pc over the xbox360 internet explorer app?

Sorry but no such Method exist nor will there be one. It would require both a Download on your PC and Xbox 360 (which is impossible for the Xbox 360 IE App). Not to mention but the Xbox 360 is hardly an "administrator" for a Network.

You do know you can simply plug in any USB Keyboard into the Xbox 360 and the IE App can use it for typing? No Mouse though. If that's what you meant/

Elohmn, Feb 9, 2015
  3. Glu10Free
    Glu10Free Guest
    IE for xbox 360.

Another useless app. on the Xbox 360, woohoo!!! I don't even remember the last time I used IE on the PC, I've been using FireFox for years now.

Glu10Free, Feb 9, 2015
  4. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest

No,your perfectly safe using the IE app on your console.

Daft Badger, Feb 9, 2015
  5. Irixion
    Irixion Guest
    No. IE on your Xbox 360 is nothing like IE on your PC. The Xbox 360 operating system is sealed pretty tight. The IE on your console also has no security vulnerable plugins such as Flash or Java, for this reason as well.

Irixion, Feb 10, 2015
  6. LostShaolin
    LostShaolin Guest
    Ok guys, thanks for the answers.

LostShaolin, Oct 31, 2018
  7. Irixion Win User

No. IE on your Xbox 360 is nothing like IE on your PC. The Xbox 360 operating system is sealed pretty tight. The IE on your console also has no security vulnerable plugins such as Flash or Java, for this reason as well.
  8. Daft Badger Win User

No,your perfectly safe using the IE app on your console.
  9. LostShaolin Win User

Ok guys, thanks for the answers.
  10. LarsAlgera Win User

Xbox App doesn't detect my xbox 360 controller

I mean the Xbox SmartGlass app on your laptop or PC . I 've read that a xbox 360 controller can be used for xbox one when you connect it to your laptop or PC when you are streaming your Xbox one to your laptop or PC . but It doesn't work.
  11. Elohmn Win User

How can I remotely control my pc over the xbox360 internet explorer app?

Sorry but no such Method exist nor will there be one. It would require both a Download on your PC and Xbox 360 (which is impossible for the Xbox 360 IE App). Not to mention but the Xbox 360 is hardly an "administrator" for a Network.

You do know you can simply plug in any USB Keyboard into the Xbox 360 and the IE App can use it for typing? No Mouse though. If that's what you meant/
Thema:

1. Can the IE app on Xbox 360 infect your PC/Laptop? - Similar Threads - app 360 infect

2. Is Atari: Game Over discontinued on Xbox 360? Remember how useless that Xbox 360 app is?

in XBoX on Windows
    Is Atari: Game Over discontinued on Xbox 360? Remember how useless that Xbox 360 app is?: When I launched Atari: Game Over on my Xbox 360, I got an error saying that Atari: Game Over isn't available. Does anyone know how to solve this issue? d81c9197-f841-48ed-aa1d-8e69234696e0
  3. When my Xbox 360 S is connected to the Internet, will some installed Xbox 360 apps no...

in XBoX on Windows
    When my Xbox 360 S is connected to the Internet, will some installed Xbox 360 apps no...: I have 101 apps installed on my Xbox 360 S. When the console is connected to the Internet, will some installed applications no longer supported be auto uninstalled upon the request of the...
  4. I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it?: I’m trying to add my Xbox 360 onto the app but it’s not coming up how do I do it? ca277c9d-7302-4926-93bb-2c76fc97e229
  5. Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why does the YouTube app always crash when I try to open it on my 360?: It looks like it’s loading and then automatically a message pops up saying it is unavailable. Not sure what to do. My internet is fine and I have loads of storage on my console. Tried deleting and...
  6. Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox app not recognizing my xbox 360 controller (wireless) but I've been playing games with it?: My PC is on windows 11. I have my Xbox 360 controller connected via the 'Xbox 360 wireless receiver for windows' the controller works fine for all games, I have just completed the Halo Master...
  7. Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?

in XBoX on Windows
    Has the movies and tv app on the Xbox 360 already been shut down?: Has the movies and tv app already been shut down? It hasn't launched since November... 98836086-71d6-4bd2-9a38-b26c8a0a4e54
  8. Why is the Xbox 360 Movie and TV app not working?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why is the Xbox 360 Movie and TV app not working?: The Xbox 360 movies and tv app isn't working again... Similar situation that lasted from this past spring all the way into the summer with no one communicating to anyone about the situation. Can...
  9. xbox 360 games app password error

in XboX Insiders
    xbox 360 games app password error: Hey, have changed my gamertag on series s and now im trying to play a digital 360 game and I have to log in again but with app password but when I try to get an spp password on microsoft website...
  10. games owned on xbox one and 360 not showing up on the pc app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    games owned on xbox one and 360 not showing up on the pc app: so i was feeling like playing some games i had on my old xbox consoles, so i installed the app. However, the only 2 games that showed up were cuphead and forza horizon 3. A small fraction of my...