Can the controller be infected after update or after site?

Discus and support Can the controller be infected after update or after site? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Has chance of this happens or not? ee1029a4-ba3d-4caa-bfff-0b2987c59a50 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Yqe Equinox, Oct 20, 2023.

1. Yqe Equinox
    Yqe Equinox Guest

Has chance of this happens or not?

:)

Yqe Equinox, Oct 20, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Yqe, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

No, Xbox controllers cannot be infected in any way, nor can the consoles. This is primarily because all updates are officially released by Xbox and are entirely secure. You cannot update a controller with an unofficial or non-Xbox update.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. LeokiM32 Win User

Can Xbox Controller get virus through Windows?

Oh okay. I just thought that e.g. if I had a virus on the Windows, plugged Xbox Controller through USB, that then the virus could move onto Controller and then keep infecting other devices from Controller (just like USB Key)... You know, I did read that Xbox Controller is able to be updated, so I thought that it's like any device then that the virus could easily get there. I'm not so much aware of Xbox Updating, so... Or is it that Xbox itself update the Controller and not Windows? I'm confused as actually I know that normal old printer or scanner wouldn't get virus by plugging it to the infected PC, as there's nothing to infect (when it's not a WIFI model though)...

Yeah I might be a bit over sensitive for safety of my devices :) Just don't wanna mess around and end up Xbox infected too, or plugging Controller to other PC and get the other PC infected too... As there's a Cloud Gaming and I heard that you can connect Xbox Controller to Android too... Would be terrible to get all of devices infected...
  4. LeokiM32 Win User

Windows 11 Virus and Xbox One Controller connected - can it infect controller?

Oh okay. I just thought that e.g. if I had a virus on the Windows, plugged Xbox Controller through USB, that then the virus could move onto Controller and then keep infecting other devices from Controller (just like USB Key)... You know, I did read that Xbox Controller is able to be updated, so I thought that it's like any device then that the virus could easily get there. I'm not so much aware of Xbox Updating, so... Or is it that Xbox itself update the Controller and not Windows? I'm confused as actually I know that normal old printer or scanner wouldn't get virus by plugging it to the infected PC, as there's nothing to infect (when it's not a WIFI model though)...

Yeah I might be a bit over sensitive for safety of my devices :) Just don't wanna mess around and end up Xbox infected too, or plugging Controller to other PC and get the other PC infected too... As there's a Cloud Gaming and I heard that you can connect Xbox Controller to Android too... Would be terrible to get all of devices infected...
  5. xDarkxSionx Win User

Wereskeevers were cut from the game

Think of all the people you can infect with all the illnesses you could carry. Seriously after a few hours of playing I've been infected 3 times and all by skeevers.
  6. SwordofWhedon Win User

Windows 11 Virus and Xbox One Controller connected - can it infect controller?

You’ll find virtually every modern device has firmware after one fashion or another that is able to be updated. I just bought a new fairly baseline printer, and I had to update the firmware. Yes the control pad is able to be updated. Malware that works on PC would not work on android. As I said the likelihood of such a thing is so small that it’s really not worth worrying about. Infecting the boot sector of a USB key is an entirely different thing, control pads have absolutely no access to the boot process
Thema:

1. Can the controller be infected after update or after site? - Similar Threads - controller infected update

2. My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My controller isn't letting me move or select anything?: I had disconnected and reconnected to my xbox and it's still not letting me select anything while I also tried a different xbox and it still didn't work 821e57ac-9075-4de5-a1fc-e854d7b50038
  3. Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Design Lab Controller has Stick Drift out of the box.: Ordered a controller with a customized shell through Design Lab to play games on PC a few weeks ago, and it arrived with the right stick having bad drift at all times. Warranty is still up and I...
  4. controller not working in games rog ally

in XBoX on Windows
    controller not working in games rog ally: i have the Asus ROG ALLY Z1 extreme and i’ve tried two different controllers Ps4 and Xbox s and they dont work when i get into games. half the time they work as a mouse and then dont respond at...
  5. Gyro controls and my confusion

in XBoX Accessibility
    Gyro controls and my confusion: using a third party add on, if this device does not aim for me but lets me aim using gyro, is it treated as the same as a Xim or Cronus? It is not giving me a competitive advantage as my wrists...
  6. Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Warranty Repair: Hi, I'm trying to get an Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 Controller Repaired thats In warranty. But when the site askes me to "Select shipping address to see available service options" It then...
  7. How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do i find the setting that controls the wifi connection ?: My son’s xbox disconnects itself from the internet at 8:00 pm and we have no clue why. We have tried everything to fix it. Ive turned off all screen time settings. Turned them on. Changed times....
  8. Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't my Xbox Wireless Controller turn on all of a sudden?: We got a new Xbox Series S back in February and the controller that came with it was working very well.. Until recently. For some reason, the controller now won't turn on instantly and no matter...
  9. Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X Wireless Controller Only Charging to 15% On PC: Hello, my Xbox Series X Wireless Controller recently started only charging up to 15% when I plug it into my PC. I do not own an actual console to troubleshoot on there. Additionally, the...
  10. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631