Can the audio input/output setting be added back to the app?

Discus and support Can the audio input/output setting be added back to the app? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; The xbox mobile app does not allow for selecting audio input and output. This used to be a dropdown in the party menu. A separate thread mentioned the... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RexOrc, Jan 4, 2023.

1. RexOrc
    RexOrc Guest

The xbox mobile app does not allow for selecting audio input and output. This used to be a dropdown in the party menu. A separate thread mentioned the feature being removed because the app SHOULD default to the phone's bluetooth behavior. It DOES NOT for all devices. This setting needs to be returned. The app will not switch to the headset mic on this device but uses the phone's mic. This causes a ton of background noise to be added to the party. This topic has been brought on other threads here but you guys ultimately go quiet and don't offer a solution. Can the audio setting be added back to the app?

:)

RexOrc, Jan 4, 2023
  2. RexOrc Win User

Understood. Thank you for your direction.
  3. Georges C. Win User

Hello, first it's a pleasure to be able to help you today.

My name is welcome to the community and Happy New Year.

Hello RexOrc, as you may know the community is public and unfortunately as independent consultants we are unable to provide this type of feedback to Microsoft.

The ideal in this case would be to use the Uservoice that now works on Insider on the Reddit platform to make this recommendation to Microsoft.

Insider Ideas

https://www.reddit.com/r/xboxinsiders/wiki/ideas/

Provide feedback to Team Xbox

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/account-pro...
  4. Creamifier Win User

My microphone is connected but it won't detect any audio for the game bar (it works with the old companion app and discord)

on the xbox app click on your profile image at the top right then click settings, after that you'll see audio on the left, click audio and make sure your input and output devices are set up.
  5. daneel1954 Win User

HD Benefits......

Just adding to Juxtapose13; the audio also changes, not by the cables, but by the differences in processing inputs/outputs. It is probable that his 'turtle beaches' sound quality changes with input/output changes and his tastes prefer one over the other.
    My Sony TV has a noticeable change from DVI + Audio to HDMI and I'm hard of hearing!
  6. DesertFox1971 Win User

Sound issues from Live TV

Yes go to your cable box settings menu. Then audio output and make sure digital output is not selected. Xbox one dies not support digital audio input. Hope this helps.
Thema:

1. Can the audio input/output setting be added back to the app? - Similar Threads - audio input output

2. audio cuts when input is changed

in XBoX on Consoles
    audio cuts when input is changed: I’m using a Samsung M7 monitor with studio monitor speakers. These work fine together until the input is switched to an Xbox series X. Signal chain should be Xbox >hdmi>M7 monitor >usb out...
  3. Gamebar requiring reset to use party audio input

in XboX Insiders
    Gamebar requiring reset to use party audio input: So my gamebar has been having issues for a couple of weeks and it is starting to get frustrating. When I open gamebar and get the pop-up, the people in my party can hear me and I can hear them....
  4. Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue

in XBoX on Consoles
    Windows 11 Xbox App Video Freezes, but Audio/Inputs Continue: I've had a problem where I'll fire up the Xbox app on my Windows 11 PC and start remote playing with my Xbox, but after a few seconds the video will freeze. However, the audio will continue, and...
  5. Wireless Xbox Controller turning off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wireless Xbox Controller turning off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input...: Hello, Please see the previous locked thread on this issue. While using a Wireless Xbox Controller, it turns off after 15 minutes while using it as audio output/input while connected to PC via...
  6. How do I fix my audio input, that keeps glitching, and my audio output, which keeps...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I fix my audio input, that keeps glitching, and my audio output, which keeps...: So, I bought this new PC and mostly everything works! The only thing I'm concerned about is the audio inputs and outputs, whenever I plug in the output it works fine, but when I plug in my input,...
  7. Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Audio Output AND Mic Input

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Audio Output AND Mic Input: Hello, thank you for taking the time to read this post. I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either records audio output only OR mic input (even though...
  8. Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar NOT Recording Both Audio Output AND Mic Input: Hello, thank you for taking the taking to read this post. I tried to use the Xbox Game Bar multiple times to screen record video, but it either records audio output only OR mic input (even though...
  9. Xbox keeps cutting my Audio input and output out

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox keeps cutting my Audio input and output out: My microphone keeps cutting out at random times when ever I’m doing anything I’ve tried it on both my controllers and it still did it when I plugged it into anything else it worked fine so i think...
  10. Audio Output and Input Missing from Voice Chat in Xbox Game Bar

in XBoX on Windows
    Audio Output and Input Missing from Voice Chat in Xbox Game Bar: Hi, The issue originated from my inability to join xbox party chat. I have narrowed it down the issue is due to the fact that Xbox Game Bar is not detecting my Audio Input and Output devices in...