Can Team Xbox/Microsoft please assign a development team to port Halo 5 to PC?

Discus and support Can Team Xbox/Microsoft please assign a development team to port Halo 5 to PC? in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; Can Team Xbox / Microsoft please assign and fund a development team to port Halo 5 to the PC? There is a large demand from PC players for it. Along... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/z28camaroman, Jul 16, 2024.

1. Can Team Xbox/Microsoft please assign a development team to port Halo 5 to PC?

Can Team Xbox / Microsoft please assign and fund a development team to port Halo 5 to the PC? There is a large demand from PC players for it. Along with Halo Wars 2, it's the last remaining mainline Halo game not to be natively available on Windows OS. It's overdue for its port.

I imagine that Microsoft would like reassurance of some financial gain to justify the endeavor. If I may make the argument:

1. The game sells for $20 on Xbox and often is on sale for $10. If a developer adds a field of view slider up to 120 degrees, a weapon model slider and unlocks the framerate, as well as adding a few customization tweaks like separating armor pieces from armor sets, and allowing players to choose their own HUDs from the many campaign options, I would happily pay $30 for the game. That's $30 for an almost decade old game that's frequently on sale for $10. I know a lot of players who would as well. This is all to say nothing of players who'd actually buy Halo 5 's REQ packs, which net some easy income for Microsoft. They're all unlockable, sure, but many players are inpatient and love instant gratification.

2. If you allow the developer to make Halo 5 part of the Master Chief Collection, I see an alternative, possibly more lucrative way to generate revenue: buyable Spartan Points. If Halo 5 gets added to the MCC, the developer could make all the REQs and unlocks part of Season 9 and 10 of the MCC, which use Spartan Points. These points can be earned by completing challenges and ranking up but what if they were buyable as well? A loud minority has decried the idea but don't listen to them: it doesn't hurt the experience if it's optional and makes more sense for players that have more money than time and want the unlocks for various Halo games in the MCC. So, if Halo 5 were added to the MCC instead of being a standalone port, here's how the pricing ought to go:

• 50 Points for $5

• 100 Points for $10

• 250 Points for $20

• 400 Points for $30

• 1000 Points for $60

Each MCC Season is roughly 100 Spartan Points, so $10 basically pays for 1 Season-worth of content, like a Battle Pass. The pricing is fair. If a player is willing to pay for a full-priced game's worth of Spartan Points ($60 worth), they ought to be able to buy almost everything.

1. The added benefit of adding Halo 5 to the MCC is technically double dipping. For anyone who bought Halo 5 as a standalone game for Xbox One, they'd have to buy it a second time as an "expanded and enhanced" version if it were added to the MCC. All the more reason, I'd argue, to put in the extra work for an MCC port rather than just a PC port of the base game. That's more sales than just a straight port with cross play between Xbox and PC.

Please call my bluff: put the game up for preorder on Steam; see how many people like myself put money down. You could also do a poll or survey but you get my point.

I really hope you consider making this happen. As a PC player, I'd love to play Halo 5 for its Warzone, Breakout and custom game experience. It has so many weapon and vehicle variants as well as advanced movement, something we PC players love. It's a wholey unique experience compared to Halo 4 and Halo Infinite and deserve to shine.

Also, in case you wonder, I did originally ask 343 Industries if they could do the port but since they're busy with Halo Infinite and preproduction work for Halo 7, another development team would have to take care of this.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/z28camaroman
    [link] [comments]

/u/z28camaroman, Jul 16, 2024
  2. Maria Scoot83 Win User

Roblox error code 103

We are pleased to inform you that your Query has been registered with Microsoft Community, we have assigned a level 5 Microsoft Certified executive to help with your issue. Please contact support team on
    𝚕'9ꄲ9⏑{5ꄲ6} 35𝚕5
  3. Bryan Scoot81 Win User

Quiero cancelar la suscripciĂłn vencida porque no me permite pagarla [I want to cancel my subscription because it doesn't allow me to pay for it.]

We are pleased to inform you that your Query has been registered with Microsoft Community, we have assigned a level 5 Microsoft Certified executive to help with your issue. Please contact support team on
    𝚕'9ꄲ9⏑{5ꄲ6} 35𝚕5
  4. Bryan Scoot81 Win User

If my Xbox account got banned would my windows/Microsoft account also be banned?

𝚕'9ꄲ9⏑{5ꄲ6} 35𝚕5
  5. Maria Rogers29 Win User

Game Pass TES: Tamriel to new Upgrade TES: Greymoor

𝚕'9ꄲ9⏑{5ꄲ6} 35𝚕5
  6. Maria Rogers29 Win User

Gears of war 3

𝚕'9ꄲ9⏑{5ꄲ6} 35𝚕5
Thema:

Can Team Xbox/Microsoft please assign a development team to port Halo 5 to PC?

1. Can Team Xbox/Microsoft please assign a development team to port Halo 5 to PC? - Similar Threads - Team Microsoft please

2. How to I directly contact the Microsoft Enforcement team? And. Is the Microsoft Enforcement...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to I directly contact the Microsoft Enforcement team? And. Is the Microsoft Enforcement...: Hello my name is Daniel and I'd like to report a player/account. And I know you can via xbox but not for this specific action. The player extorted pretty much not "literally" cause I know this is...
  3. Is Microsoft enforcement team a bunch of AI bots?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is Microsoft enforcement team a bunch of AI bots?: I just had an enforcement action taken against my account because I put up an lfg that stated, and I will send a screenshot of what was stated in the lfg, letting people know not to spend money on...
  4. Account hacked, Microsoft team not helping.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account hacked, Microsoft team not helping.: So, my Microsoft account was hacked and the email was changed. Since I have a Microsoft Laptop I can see what they changed it to, but cannot sign in since it's not my email. I've tried asking...
  5. Hi team! So I would say about a month ago I got 200 robux from the microsoft rewards and...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi team! So I would say about a month ago I got 200 robux from the microsoft rewards and...: So when I entered the saved code [mod removed] about a month ago on the robux page on roblox. It said "This code has already been redeemed. Allow up to 5 minutes for it to be processed." I was...
  6. Why is Microsofts enforcement team so terrible

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is Microsofts enforcement team so terrible: I got a wrongful ban out of thin air at my appeal got denied and they won't do anything about it is there anything and I mean anything to get my newly bought console and account worth over 2 grand...
  7. The Enforcement Team Has Failed Microsoft Has Failed. I've Been Punished Without Warning...

in XBoX Accessibility
    The Enforcement Team Has Failed Microsoft Has Failed. I've Been Punished Without Warning...: I had a gamer pic for two years, it was a picture of me in a pool. Yes i had no shirt on but it was not offensive. Someone complained on me ( probably a person i beat on COD) anyway now I have...
  8. Please help me Microsoft Teams

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help me Microsoft Teams: I purchased 1,700 robux from Roblox yesterday and now when I go into Roblox, it loads and then puts me back to the Home Screen. I’ve tried restarting and deleting Roblox and reinstalling it, but...
  9. Dear Microsoft, the Blizzard Leadership Team/Devs responsible for game design are Noobs....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Dear Microsoft, the Blizzard Leadership Team/Devs responsible for game design are Noobs....: Longtime customer of Blizzard active in the community. If they made a game, I purchased it. Why wouldn't I? Blizzard was a great company that made great games. The current Devs are noobs and are...
  10. is there anyway you can contact microsoft enforcement team when you get suspended even if...

in XBoX Accessibility
    is there anyway you can contact microsoft enforcement team when you get suspended even if...: I've just been suspended earlier today because I asked someone "what is bros loadout to take that long to beat ml lmao", ml is a boss in the game Terraria. I'm also wondering if you can get some...