can someone tell me why Microsoft are false advertising on 360 in uk

Discus and support can someone tell me why Microsoft are false advertising on 360 in uk in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have just this week bought a second copy of gta v for the 360 from a local retailer, before i bought it i checked how much it was on demand last week... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sloppy Chops68, Jan 31, 2016.

1. can someone tell me why Microsoft are false advertising on 360 in uk

I have just this week bought a second copy of gta v for the 360 from a local retailer, before i bought it i checked how much it was on demand last week with no saving offer it was £20.99. Now on 360 home page offer it is advertising gta v with 58% off but
    it is still £20.99.misguiding people even conning people into thinking that they are saving when they are not.

:)

Sloppy Chops68, Jan 31, 2016
  2. Yelpy
    Yelpy Guest
    Xbox Live Indie Games in Ireland

Can someone please tell me why xbox live indie games is still not available in Ireland? It's in the UK but not Ireland, eh why exactly? It makes it even more annoying because Irish users are treated as if we were part of the UK in terms of videos shown and
    allusions made on xbox live. Take inside xbox for example, Im sick of watching things about indie games on inside xbox when it's not even avilable to me. Seriously it's like we're being taunted! Fix it, it's inconsistent/false advertising and bloody frustrating.

Yelpy, Jan 31, 2016
  3. Life is Strange

Episode 2 is currently being false advertised on the 360 games page as "Download episode 2 today"

can anyone from Microsoft explain why this is?

linking to the season pass is false advertising in my opinion

the second episode isn't out for another week

XxKaitoLinkxX, Jan 31, 2016
  4. eber3
    eber3 Guest

Well, newly released games cost $60 here in the US. Which would be about £42, so £20.99 would be half that cost. If the game was just slightly more expensive at release in the UK than the US, that would account for the other 8%.

In short, they aren't claiming it is 58% off what they were charging last week, but rather 58% off the release price.

eber3, Jan 31, 2016
  5. according to the terms of trading standards in the uk it comes under false advertising beside microsoft rip everyone off with on demand they charge more for a new on demand game then rrp in retailers in uk. If you buy a digital game else when eg: pc downloaded
    games are always way cheaper then if you buy it on disc

Sloppy Chops68, Jan 31, 2016
  6. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    ,eber has got it spot on.

Developers/publishers set the price on digital purchases so they are the ones you need to moan at.

I'm from the U.K. as well & trust me,the trading standards would not class it as false advertising.

Daft Badger, Jan 31, 2016
  7. eber3
    eber3 Guest
    You guys have it good in the UK. You're paying the same for games as here in the US, but your dvds are WAY cheaper. So much so that I bought a region free dvd player and now purchase my Doctor Who dvds from the UK. Even after paying for the shipping, I get
    the R2 copies way cheaper than the US R1 release.

Not to mention the R2 dvds themselves and the cases they come in seem like heavier duty better quality material than the R1 versions.

eber3, Oct 31, 2018
  8. eber3 Win User

You guys have it good in the UK. You're paying the same for games as here in the US, but your dvds are WAY cheaper. So much so that I bought a region free dvd player and now purchase my Doctor Who dvds from the UK. Even after paying for the shipping, I get
    the R2 copies way cheaper than the US R1 release.

Not to mention the R2 dvds themselves and the cases they come in seem like heavier duty better quality material than the R1 versions.
  9. eber3 Win User

Well, newly released games cost $60 here in the US. Which would be about £42, so £20.99 would be half that cost. If the game was just slightly more expensive at release in the UK than the US, that would account for the other 8%.

In short, they aren't claiming it is 58% off what they were charging last week, but rather 58% off the release price.
  10. Daft Badger Win User

,eber has got it spot on.

Developers/publishers set the price on digital purchases so they are the ones you need to moan at.

I'm from the U.K. as well & trust me,the trading standards would not class it as false advertising.
  11. Sloppy Chops68 Win User

according to the terms of trading standards in the uk it comes under false advertising beside microsoft rip everyone off with on demand they charge more for a new on demand game then rrp in retailers in uk. If you buy a digital game else when eg: pc downloaded
    games are always way cheaper then if you buy it on disc
  12. XxKaitoLinkxX Win User

Life is Strange

Episode 2 is currently being false advertised on the 360 games page as "Download episode 2 today"

can anyone from Microsoft explain why this is?

linking to the season pass is false advertising in my opinion

the second episode isn't out for another week
Thema:

1. can someone tell me why Microsoft are false advertising on 360 in uk - Similar Threads - someone tell why

2. Can someone tell me what this icon means?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can someone tell me what this icon means?: [img] I’m wondering what this means 31338fa0-3a75-45f1-b015-f8feefd03834
  3. So please someone who can tell me what in this post is bad.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    So please someone who can tell me what in this post is bad.: My LFG "The Victorius Republic Get Interested for more info". For Stat wars Battle front 2. Just a group to play the game with. You know a Looking for group post on the looking for group forum....
  4. Can someone just tell me hoe to connect my Xbox One wireless to my damn mac?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone just tell me hoe to connect my Xbox One wireless to my damn mac?: Just give ma=e an answer and be ready for a reply when it's wrong. a543f0c0-9736-4eac-992f-cca9389021cf
  5. Can someone tell me why this is bannable?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone tell me why this is bannable?: I’m so fed up with Xbox. I literally pay for them to tell I’m banned twice a month. I’m paying to get banned at this point and not able to use what I literally am paying for. Here I am playing...
  6. Cod mw3 keeps telling me to buy gold when i am already gamesharing with someone who has...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cod mw3 keeps telling me to buy gold when i am already gamesharing with someone who has...: I actually bought cod mw3 for a friend and it keeps telling him that he needs gold, now he is gamesharing with someone who already has gamepass ultimate which i believe includes gold. What can he...
  7. Can someone tell me why can't I log onto my live profile to play .

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone tell me why can't I log onto my live profile to play .: I'm trying to log on to my Xbox live link but it just says this profile is not allowed to play on Xbox live pleas help what should I do.. 0a774394-5bd6-4bab-b4da-e9c99dbc8b86
  8. Why is telling someone it's not OK to tell people to kill themselves getting me muted?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why is telling someone it's not OK to tell people to kill themselves getting me muted?: Play a game and win in a fight to get told "kys" by the other team. I message the guys friend saying it's not o.k to say these things to people and recieve a mute and followed by taunts because...
  9. Can someone help tell me why avatar two 4K Blu-ray this won’t read on my Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone help tell me why avatar two 4K Blu-ray this won’t read on my Xbox series X: I bought this 4K movie to watch on my Xbox but it will not read the movie so I’ve taking it back and got a new one two different times and it still won’t read the disc but it reads all other disc...
  10. Why do I get banned for using one word. But when that someone kept telling me to go ****...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why do I get banned for using one word. But when that someone kept telling me to go ****...: My cousin killed 4 guys on GTA the other night and they invited him to a party and was saying racial slurs. So we moved on to killing them for a while and they kept fighting back. One of them...