Can only hear party chat through headset Xbox Series X

Discus and support Can only hear party chat through headset Xbox Series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Today I was playing with a friend when I accidently tugged a bit too hard on the cord for my headset thus damaging them. I went to my PC to test the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Twocoolrye, Jun 6, 2021.

1. Twocoolrye
    Twocoolrye Guest

Today I was playing with a friend when I accidently tugged a bit too hard on the cord for my headset thus damaging them. I went to my PC to test the audio and found that it only plays through the left ear. When I returned to my Xbox I was unable to hear any game audio or menu audio, left only hearing the party chat. I tried with other headsets and other controllers, even updating the first controller but the result was the same. I even went ahead and plugged my controller into my PC and plugged my headset into the controller and heard PC audio through the controller into my headset. However TV audio is completely unaffected. I want to clarify that this is not an issue with my headset as it was the event which damaged them is what caused this, nor was this ever an issue until today. Some feedback would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Twocoolrye, Jun 6, 2021
  2. XBF Mohammed C Win User

Since you tried different headsets and the problem remains the same, I believe this might have to do with your Xbox!

Try to turn it off and remove the power cord, and wait for 1 to 2 minutes before pugging it back in and turn on the console.

If the issue persists try to soft reset the console to see if it corrects the issue!
  3. Reaper RPNT Win User

muted myself yet can still hear and chat

yes my friends have tested it with me in private chat and also party chat and random gamers in call of duty and gears of war forums all confirm that they hear me fine and i can hear them but they can see that im muted and so can i also my headset symbol
    doesnt leave even if i unplug headset on call of duty it still shows headset there and a red x. on party or private the headset symbol has a circle with a line through it
  4. MeridianWolf Win User

Why only party chat can go through TV speakers?

Not game audio, game chat.

In settings, Xbox has an option to make party chat output go through your headset, headset and TV, or TV.

but that's only for party chat. i've always wondered why xbox can't do the same for in-game chat too?

With in game chat, if your headset is plugged in; game chat automatically goes to the headset, with no option to have it output through TV.

really sucks when you can't wear headsets, you can't play socially outside of parties. (in party chat; i use my headset mic, but have their voice output through my TV. game chat has no option to do this, you must wear your headset to hear teammates)
  5. WhileyCoyote00 Win User

CHAT HEADSET STOPPED WORKING AND SOLUTION

@gh0stz. Im having the exact same problem. in party chat if my headset is connected they can hear me but i cannot hear them. However, when I'm not in party chat and the headset is connected, I hear game sound through the headset but no chat sound. let me
    know if you have found a solution
  6. ThumbnailBox451 Win User

Microphones on both of my headsets not working since this week's update

I can't hear anybody through my TB XO One headset, but they can hear me. Game chat is fine, but in party chat it doesn't work. It shows me speaking when I speak, and my friends tell me they can hear me, and if I unplug the headset, I can hear people speaking
    through the TV speakers.

The fact that game chat still works proves that it's Microsoft's software, not my headset, adapter, Xbox or controller.
Thema:

1. Can only hear party chat through headset Xbox Series X - Similar Threads - hear party chat

2. My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio

in XBoX on Consoles
    My headset chat mixer is greyed out and i can only hear party audio: The chat mixer is stuck to where i can only hear party audio and not game audio and i can change it because it’s greyed out. What do i do to fix it 543c397f-4ddd-4406-810f-50b5980e3283
  3. My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat

in XboX Insiders
    My Party chat is very choppy and I can’t hear party chat: I can’t hear anything in party chat and can’t communicate as everything is way too choppy. I tried buying a new headset trying a different controller, my NAT Type is good. I haven’t tried a new...
  4. I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work: I have a friend permanently muted. In Party I can hear him but in game chat doesn't work 44fed8e7-9aca-4903-a401-e2a753d14647
  5. I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I am unable to hear my game chat audio but I can hear party chat and game audio: For a while now I am unable to hear my game chat audio. I have checked my setting in both games and in Xbox setting and the problem still wasn't fixed. 6b7552b3-0fce-4c14-bdef-973eae50e9da
  6. I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I’m playing rainbow six on Xbox series X, I’m able to start party chats and hear and talk...: I’m trying to play rainbow six with friends on PlayStation. But it shows their mic box grey and I’m unable to change any setting that would allow me to hear them, pleaseeee help. This has been...
  7. Can hear everyone but one person on Xbox party chat while on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can hear everyone but one person on Xbox party chat while on pc: Idk if anyone else has had this happen. But I'm using Xbox party chat on pc and can hear my entire party but one person does anyone know a way to fix it submitted by /u/ContentSpeaker1119...
  8. No one can hear me in the Xbox party chat on PC unless I have the game bar pulled up, and I...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    No one can hear me in the Xbox party chat on PC unless I have the game bar pulled up, and I...: Whenever I join an Xbox party on my PC, I can hear all of my friends, but they can't hear me unless I have the Xbox Overlay pulled up. I have made sure I am not connected to a VPN, restarted my...
  9. I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I can hear people in Xbox party chat, but they can't hear me if I exit game bar.: Hello. I'm trying to use Xbox party chat on windows. When I have game bar open, the party works fine, but as soon as I exit game bar no one is able to hear me but I can still hear them. This makes...
  10. I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat: I have Mic monitoring turned off, and I can still hear myself... Now what? Google isn't helping. 4eb7e6fb-f331-4c73-9d05-f97948d0aaa5

Users found this page by searching for:

1. series x how to get chat audio only through headset