Can ONLY connect to Call of Duty with my mobile hotspot (my regular wired/wifi internet...

Discus and support Can ONLY connect to Call of Duty with my mobile hotspot (my regular wired/wifi internet... in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I play Call of Duty MWII and all of sudden I have not been able to connect to the online services anymore. My internet works fine and other games work... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ALEX OBERY, Aug 15, 2023.

1. ALEX OBERY
    ALEX OBERY Guest

Can ONLY connect to Call of Duty with my mobile hotspot (my regular wired/wifi internet...

I play Call of Duty MWII and all of sudden I have not been able to connect to the online services anymore. My internet works fine and other games work fine too. I tried redownloading Call of Duty Vanguard to see if the problem follows me there and it does indeed. But if I connect my Xbox to my mobile hotspot then both MWII and Vanguard connects instantly. Then I go back to my regular internet and they don’t work again (I’ve repeated this numerous times with the same results).

So it’s literally ONLY Call of Duty that won’t connect and it’s ONLY with my regular internet that it’s doing this.

I’ve tried all the regular restarting and reinstalling stuff and none of that works.

Has anyone bumped into this issue? Or have some answers or solutions for me?

:)

ALEX OBERY, Aug 15, 2023
  2. ObsessedLynx Win User

Xbox not working well

The main wifi is the only network that the console has ever connected to to my knowledge, although yes, I can connect it to a mobile hotspot if needed
  3. Valentas Jankauskas Win User

Brand new Xbox s, wont connect to my network all the time

Hello, I got the same problem from now on.

When I turn on my Xbox, I sign in with my acc. But on the main screen/Home section it shows me ' Connect to Xbox network'.

1 - When I press to check the connection it says its all good you connected.

2 - I tried Wired and Wireless connections but both of them says the same.

3- But when I tried to give my Xbox a connection from my mobile phone as a WiFi Hotspot with the same internet provider - it worked!. Ads started rolling, updates for games and etc.

4- How is this possible? Same WiFi given to Xbox but thought a mobile hotspot ir working and directly it's not.

5- I called my internet provider for any info they could provide me, tried resetting my internet line for my home address and etc. Even they see a connection between WiFi/wired and my Xbox, but they haven't seen a problem from their side.

6 - should I take my Xbox to warranty or anything like this to check? Maybe network adapters working incorrectly? (But connection between WiFi hotspot is working). Completely lost now what should I do now?

7 - tried resetting console, all those hardwares resets and etc.

If anyone have a solution for this please share!

Have a good day :)
  4. Levcsa MC Win User

Minecraft Friends world not working on multiplayer

I tried to connect on wifi, mobil hotspot, mobil network, wired net, its all the same issue.

But alright I report to minecraft support.
  5. valkyrie-B9FF7CAE-B8 Win User

Random issues with xbox/xbox live out of nowhere

The mobile hotspot IS your problem, they are highly unreliable. A hard wired connection from a router with a minimum of 3mb up and download speed is recommended. My NAT is always strict, but is acceptable, and has never caused me any problems. A high speed
    wired internet connection will resolve your problems, until then your mobile hotspot will continue to be problematic. hope this helps.
  6. ArminatorX Win User

Can I use Xbox ones WiFi to teather to Internetless pc?

Your PC would have to have a WiFi hardware that is compatible of being turned into an access point.

If you have Windows 10 installed on your PC, simply open the settings, by clicking the start menu, and then clicking on the gear/cogwheel symbol on the lower left.

In the settings window, go to the network settings.

On the left choose the "Mobile Hotspot" category and enable the mobile hotspot.

You can also set a specific name and Passphrase for your Hotspot. Then you can try if your console sees that hotspot, and you can then use your PC's LAN connection to provide Internet to the console via WiFi.

Alternatively, open up a command prompt as administrator.

Enter the following command:

netsh wlan set hostednetwork mode=allow ssid=NAME key=PASSWORD

Replace NAME with the desired name for your WiFi Hotspot and PASSWORD for the Passphrase you want to use to encrypt your WiFi.

Be aware, that you can not use your WiFi to connect to the internet at the same time.

Your PC must have a LAN connection to the internet to be able to provide WiFi Hotspot functions.

If you want the Xbox to provide Internet to a PC, then this won't work. The Xbox can not provide WiFi Hotspot functions.
Thema:

1. Can ONLY connect to Call of Duty with my mobile hotspot (my regular wired/wifi internet... - Similar Threads - connect Call Duty

2. No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call

in XBoX on Consoles
    No game audio on xbox wireless headset when connected to a voice call: Ive just bought an Xbox wireless headset. Ive connected it to my Windows 10 PC via bluetooth. Game audio was fine and I was impressed with them. However, I tried to play a multiplayer game and...
  3. Call of duty black ops 1&2 not connecting to online

in XBoX on Consoles
    Call of duty black ops 1&2 not connecting to online: I’m trying to play The Xbox 360 game: call of duty black ops 1 and 2 and they are not connecting to the online servers and have been like this for 4 plus days when prior to this they was working...
  4. The discord x xbox call connection is broken again

in XboX Insiders
    The discord x xbox call connection is broken again: I tured connecting to a call through my xbox to play with buddies and its saying i need to link my account again submitted by /u/Surgo__Sergal [link] [comments]
  5. Call of Duty III cannot connect to Xbox server

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty III cannot connect to Xbox server: My Call of Duty III cannot connect to Xbox server. It worked fine during the early access. 22d0fa4e-d75f-4738-922c-1d81354b6612
  6. Why won't my console connect to the call of duty servers but will connect to every other...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't my console connect to the call of duty servers but will connect to every other...: My console is sitting on the "waiting for network" page for modern warfare 2 and every now and then it comes up with hueneme-negev. It says it's a connection issue but my internet is the best...
  7. I purchased an Xbox One in China, however, it is connected to a service called "besTV"

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I purchased an Xbox One in China, however, it is connected to a service called "besTV": I purchased an Xbox One in China, however, it is connected to a service called "besTV" so I am not able to change the language to english, or play any english games. Is there any way to remove...
  8. I can't connect to the call of duty black ops 3 servers I can only play local and I have...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can't connect to the call of duty black ops 3 servers I can only play local and I have...: Every time I load up the game it doesn't work and only lets me play local and I have xbox live 0bad4dc8-32d6-46c4-a6f1-a5c2196e89cd
  9. Why wont my controller wont connect to call of duty

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont my controller wont connect to call of duty: Controller starts system but wont play game c0c25df1-ce78-4c71-be23-6429912f149f
  10. I can not connect call of duty black ops coldwar it give me an error code that looks like...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can not connect call of duty black ops coldwar it give me an error code that looks like...: I can not connect call of duty black ops coldwar it give me an error code that looks like the alphabet followed by collar 43 good wolf i have the xbox s series cd71695c-80a6-45dd-9a33-78af587acd44