Can No Longer Play Minecraft Online MultipPlayer on LAN

Discus and support Can No Longer Play Minecraft Online MultipPlayer on LAN in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Help! After much research, I was able to get my kids playing Minecraft together at home. We have been using the LAN method, which has worked fine to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by williamsjdjr_000, Dec 18, 2020.

1. Can No Longer Play Minecraft Online MultipPlayer on LAN

Help!

After much research, I was able to get my kids playing Minecraft together at home. We have been using the LAN method, which has worked fine to date. And, we are not interested in a monthly reoccurring Xbox Live payment. My son uses Minecraft on our Xbox
    One, signed in as me (adult account). My daughter uses Minecraft on our iPad, logged in under a different account (her Microsoft Family - Child account).

As long as my son created a new world using my account on the Xbox, and turned on the Multiplayer LAN option, my daughter was able to see the world under "Friends" and join. They played together that way for months. Recently, without any of us changing
    any settings, this stopped working. The best I can tell, something changed with our permissions or settings that causes the Xbox to be unable to connect to the LAN or play "online".

I see the following errors displayed on my Xbox / Minecraft:

[Xbox/Minecraft] At the "Worlds" tab, we see:

"Realms

You cannot play on Realms because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. See instructions for reveiwing nad changing your privacy settings at aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp."

[Xbox/Minecraft] At the "Friends" tab we see no friends listed despite having my daughter logged in on the iPad:

"Joinable Frieds

Your friends are not playing Minecraft right now."

[Xbox/Minecraft] Settings - Multiplayer Settings:

"You cannot play online multiplayer because of how your Microsoft Account is set up. See instructions for reviewing and changing your privacy settings at aka.ms/MCMultiplayerHelp."

[Xbox] Settings - Subscriptions:

"You can't extend your Realm right now. We have now introduced subscriptions for Realms and you can buy a new subscription as soon as your Realm has expired. But don't worry! We will give you 14 extra days for free and your Realm will be kept online,
    so you will have plenty of time to extend it by then.

This was bought in the App Store you must use that device to manage it."

[Xbox/Minecraft] When receiving an invitation from my daughters (Family-Child) account sent from the iPad:

"This Microsoft Account does not have permission to Join multiplayer games."

1. We did not change any settings. The LAN method worked previously. Now it doesn't work.

2. I've since followed the "MCMultiplayerHelp" instructions. After logging in and reviewing my Xbox Account settings, there is no setting I can see that is inconsistent with the recommended settings or that I believe should restrict online play.

3. We do have a 3-Payer Realms account, but that is not how my kids are playing Minecraft online with each other.

4. We are unable to send a "Invitation" to my daughter on the iPad, but she is able to send an invitation to my son on the Xbox. However, we get an error when he tries to respond to the invitation.

5. I've read numerous posts. None of them seem to address or fix my issue.

I find online play with Minecraft to be particularly and bewilderingly obtuse. A resolution to this problem is greatly appreciated. Kids need fun outlets during COVID, and this has been one of the best ways for them to play together / destress. Thank you
    in advance for you time and help.

:)

williamsjdjr_000, Dec 18, 2020
  2. kouba943 Win User

Connexion aux serveurs impossible ! [Mod Translation - Cannot connect to servers!]

Hi, I logged in a few hours ago but I can no longer use the online features on minecraft. I can play online on other Games.
  3. NiteTimeOwl3533 Win User

Minecraft ps4

Hi, from the Minecraft support https://help.minecraft.net/hc/en-us/articles/360035131391-How-do-I-play-multiplayer-

It says that

"A player's game version must be the same as the server version to play on that server, whether it's LAN or hosted online. You can see your game version number at the bottom of your main menu."

Try that first.
  4. Known as Rotten Win User

Two xboxs on the same Internet can't play with each other help please.

Are you playing Zombies online or LAN?
  5. PhillipSlazakowski Win User

Xbox One, Am having troubles with Minecraft joining a Network game over our wifi. Everything was working well about 2 patches ago NOW it doesn't work, WHY?

I feel as tho you are taking me for a fool. I had no problem with playing on it prior to these recent updates. It will not allow me to play on the LAN at all without a subscription on this one single Xbox account. I can log in on mine and have no issues but I have a subscription. I have gone through every step to remedy this situation on the Xbox live account help as it suggests. IT WILL NOT ALLOW MY CHILDS ACCOUNT TO PLAY ON LAN WITHOUT A SUBSCRIPTION. Can I not make this more clear? The game is minecraft, your vagueness is concerning when I am referring to a specific game. Again, I have gone through every step multiple times submitting everything. If a subscription is required to play on a Local Area Network then this should be stated.

"Xbox live gold subscription is required to play ONLINE MULTIPLAYER." Again, I am not playing it online I am trying to play it over LAN which was working fine prior to Microsofts patches to the game.
  6. DTW Dirty Harry Win User

Just not the Halo experience

So, I used to play the original Halo:CE on the OG Xbox online using a PC as the interface. Connecting the Xbox to the PC via LAN and "tricking" it into thinking the online connection was LAN. There was no voice chat but you could play online that way. Beat
    that for Halo experience! lol
Thema:

Can No Longer Play Minecraft Online MultipPlayer on LAN

1. Can No Longer Play Minecraft Online MultipPlayer on LAN - Similar Threads - Longer Play Minecraft

2. I can no longer play my Minecraft without game pass and NO I'm not buying a whole new disc...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can no longer play my Minecraft without game pass and NO I'm not buying a whole new disc...: Hello I'm contacting Microsoft today to ask why is my Minecraft is not working(I have the physical copy). I'm not trying to be mean or anything like that I'm just asking how it's perfectly legal...
  3. I can no longer play Minecraft because it appears that my xbox account has been...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I can no longer play Minecraft because it appears that my xbox account has been...: Last year I have migrated my mojang account to microsoft. Everything went smoothly and I could play Minecraft. Today I have been logged out when I have opened launcher. I realised that after...
  4. After Mojang to Microsoft account migration I can no longer play Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    After Mojang to Microsoft account migration I can no longer play Minecraft.: I need help accessing Minecraft through my Microsoft account. After migrating the Minecraft account (bought with a Hotmail email address) to a Microsoft account, I can't play the game anymore. The...
  5. I changed my age and can no longer play Minecraft online.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I changed my age and can no longer play Minecraft online.: Previously my accounts age was incorrect so I changed it to an age that is still above the age of 18 and now I can no longer play online. All of my privacy settings are still set to allow. I tried...
  6. We purchased the xbox one with minecraft game package and can no longer play after reboot.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    We purchased the xbox one with minecraft game package and can no longer play after reboot.: We purchased the xbox one with minecraft game package a couple years ago. Recently we were having issues with the xbox and needed to reset it. then started having issues with minecraft saying we...
  7. minecraft windows edition no longer available for play after migration even though it was...

in XBoX Accessibility
    minecraft windows edition no longer available for play after migration even though it was...: Since a windows reinstall (new drive) I lost my sons windows minecraft. I was forced to migrate to microsoft account soon after and he can no longer use it. It shows as owned but will not launch...
  8. Can no longer play Minecraft Multiplayer after account migration even though all of my...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can no longer play Minecraft Multiplayer after account migration even though all of my...: Recently I have migrated my Mojang account over to Microsoft. Since doing that, my multiplayer and realms option has been disabled as it should be if the accounts privacy settings are set up to...
  9. Migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft and can no longer play Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Migrated my Mojang account to Microsoft and can no longer play Minecraft.: I migrated my account from Mojang to Microsoft and now when I log in to my Microsoft account on the Minecraft launcher it says that I don't own the game. I have owned and played the game for at...
  10. Migrated my minecraft account, can no longer play

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Migrated my minecraft account, can no longer play: I migrated my mojang account to microsoft earlier today, and could play the game just fine then. When I went to log in a little bit ago, everythings gone and it tells me I have to buy the game....