Can no longer link my account to the Xbox skill in order to use Alexa

Discus and support Can no longer link my account to the Xbox skill in order to use Alexa in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I've been using an Amazon Echo Dot to control my Xbox Series X with voice commands via Alexa for over a year. Up until yesterday it was working fine,... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SigmaTheDJ, Nov 10, 2022.

1. SigmaTheDJ
    SigmaTheDJ Guest

I've been using an Amazon Echo Dot to control my Xbox Series X with voice commands via Alexa for over a year. Up until yesterday it was working fine, then last night it suddenly stopped working out of the blue.

When I fire up the Alexa app on my phone, it says "The link between accounts has expired", the Xbox skill is no longer enabled, and it tells me to link my account again to re-enable it.

When I try and enable the skill and link my MS account, it says the following: -

"We are experiencing a problem connecting with the skill to link your account. You can try linking your account again by visiting the Xbox skill page."

However, when I try visiting the Xbox skill page again to enable it, it just ends up doing the same thing.

Anyone know of a solution? Maybe it's a service issue that either MS and/or Amazon will have to fix.

:)

SigmaTheDJ, Nov 10, 2022
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks to you!
    Don't hesitate to reach the community forums if you need help in the future

If necessary feel free to keep me posted / update this thread if you have news
  3. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Hi, thanks for the extra information.
    Could be a temporary problem as the message says

Please try doing the opposite in this case, I mean. Use a VPN temporarily and try again (make sure to select UK as well on the program, not other country)

If the issue persist you may need to report the problem to the Amazon Alexa support
  4. SigmaTheDJ Win User

This appears to have been fixed, so if anyone has been having this issue, you should be able to re-link your MS account so that the skill can be re-enabled.
  5. SigmaTheDJ Win User

Thanks. I've just reported the issue to Amazon through the Alexa app. To anyone else that wants to report it, just go to the Xbox skill in the app then scroll down and click the "Send feedback" button.
  6. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Thanks for the extra info
    I’m going to keep that in mind if someone else experience a similar problem in the forums

Hope the problem is fixed as soon as possible
Thema:

1. Can no longer link my account to the Xbox skill in order to use Alexa - Similar Threads - longer link account

2. Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Game Bar no longer has "copy link" button. Why is that?: Hi, For the past month or so I have been having capturing clips using the Xbox Game Bar and I would usually send to the Xbox App by pressing copy link. This option isn't available anymore. I...
  3. My Google account is no longer linked to my Xbox account. (This post is related to account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Google account is no longer linked to my Xbox account. (This post is related to account...: My Xbox ccount has been hacked about a month or two ago, and I have been trying to get it back but i just can't anymore. The hacker removed my security things, changed my password, unlinked my...
  4. My Google account is no longer linked to my Microsoft account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Google account is no longer linked to my Microsoft account.: My microsoft account has been hacked about a month or two ago, and I have been trying to get it back but i just can't anymore. The hacker removed my security things, changed my password, unlinked...
  5. My account is linked to an email address that no longer exists

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account is linked to an email address that no longer exists: When my xbox was first setup I used my parents email address to create the account. Since then I have been using this for the past 15+ years with no issues. It does occassionally ask to confirm...
  6. I had minecraft linked to this microsoft account but I no longer have it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I had minecraft linked to this microsoft account but I no longer have it: When I try to log in in minecraft it says I no longer own it. I was hacked some months ago and maybe that's way I no longer have access to my microsoft account either that or microsoft themselves...
  7. My minecraft account is no longer linked to my email

in XBoX Accessibility
    My minecraft account is no longer linked to my email: Recently my microsoft account has been hacked by someone who knew very well how to abuse the microsofts system to completely lock me out. My minecraft account has always been linked to *** Die...
  8. No longer have acess to Old Email accounts Linked to Minecraft Account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    No longer have acess to Old Email accounts Linked to Minecraft Account.: I have had Minecraft for a long time now but within the last 2 years the email that was linked to it both the main and back up email have been deactivated and i can no longer have access to. I...
  9. My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    My Gamertag is linked to an EA account that I no longer am able to manage and I'm unable to...: My current gamertag is linked to an EA account I created from my Xbox 360 13 years ago to play one of the early Battlefront games. My personal info and email address have since changed and I no...
  10. Moving my Xbox Profile to another Microsoft Account so it is no longer link to the current one

in XBoX on Consoles
    Moving my Xbox Profile to another Microsoft Account so it is no longer link to the current one: I know this has been discussed ad nauseum but the articles that the discussion posts link to seem to have been removed. Just to be clear, I am not trying to add another primary email account to...