Can my Xbox turn on my TV without a Kinect?

Discus and support Can my Xbox turn on my TV without a Kinect? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Without having a Kinect, iIs there a way to have my Xbox turn on my TV when I power on the console? Thanks! 99a428a1-4975-427b-9539-bd730a760662 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by UndreamtHades44, Feb 10, 2017.

1. Can my Xbox turn on my TV without a Kinect?

Without having a Kinect, iIs there a way to have my Xbox turn on my TV when I power on the console?

Thanks!

:)

UndreamtHades44, Feb 10, 2017
  2. "Xbox on"----TV turns off

So if I'm watch tv without the xbox one on and decide to turn it on, my tv shuts off. Same with if my tv is already off and I turn off my xbox one the tv turns on. Any idea what I'm doing wrong or where I could find the settings to fix this annoying but
    very minor problem?

Dr Gonzo55720, Feb 10, 2017
  3. JPHsvAL
    JPHsvAL Guest
    HDMI Pass Through

I get a "No Signal" from my TV when my Xbox is turned off. I thought HDMI pass through (DVR ->XBOX->TV) would allow me to use my TV without having to turn the XBOX on? Is this a wrong assumption?

JPHsvAL, Feb 10, 2017
  4. Theory of Game Win User

Remove bloatware apps xbox one

I love watching my TV through my Xbox. The OneGuide is a much better interface than the one my cable box provides, and voice commands through Kinect are INCREDIBLE. The fact that I can sit down, say "Xbox On", "Watch TV" and "Watch ESPN", and my Xbox has
    turned on the TV, turned on the cable box, and changed the channel to ESPN without me touching anything is awesome. Use it everyday.
  5. Galactic Geek Win User

Xbox one audio question

To answer your question, no, I didn't have the speakers on at the same time, at least technically speaking - but that doesn't mean it wouldn't work. I just turned off the TV speakers using the TV menu so I could use the Kinect without any audio interference
    from the TV and without disturbing the rest of my family.
  6. Zhumen-544CAF0C-D1E4 Win User

Instant on, game resume

Me too... but I having a bigger problem now with turning on my Xbox One with instant on and with TV turn on features. when everything is "off" TV and Xbox, I say "Xbox, ON" Xbox lights up but most times it keeps blinking and will not turn on my Samsung Smart
    TV and even the Kinect and Xbox won't boot up. I have to hard restart the Xbox but I still have to turn on my TV Manually, but when I do that and the Xbox calls for the TV to be Turned on it actually turns the TV off. I Never Had this Problem before.
  7. wolfman_4_ever@yahoo Win User

How do I get my Xbox One to sign me in automatically without kinect?

Please add auto sign in without kinect. Until you come out with a Kinect Extension Cable, my Kinect will always be in another room away from my TV.
  8. Raw003 Win User

Xbox One - Controllers Disconnecting Intermittently

Turns out it is a bug. I got the xbox one controller to work but without the kinect... with the kinect on though it starts disconnecting.

What I did was:

1. Have your X1 turned off and pull the power plug out.

2. Pull out the kinect from the xbox.

3. Chuck back in the X1 power plug.

4. X1 should restart without the kinect...

simple but can't play with the kinect on... maybe im wrong but im hoping they fix this bug soon so I can play my xbox with kinect on with no messing around. And yes X1 (xbox one) does start without connect, microsoft said that it wouldn't start without kinect
    they're just messing with you.
Thema:

Can my Xbox turn on my TV without a Kinect?

1. Can my Xbox turn on my TV without a Kinect? - Similar Threads - turn without Kinect

2. How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off party chat on tv without having headphones: How can i turn the sound from party chat from going to my tv when my headset disconnects, i dont want any audio besides the game going threw the tv and my headphones disconnect a lot...
  3. How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to sync Xbox One controller without turning on my Xbox?: So I have an Xbox One controller and I don't see a way to sync through Bluetooth without first turning on the controller which obviously turns on the console. Is there any way to go straight into...
  4. How can we Xbox players turn of sleeping tabs on Xbox WITHOUT A SETTING FOR THAT

in XBoX on Consoles
    How can we Xbox players turn of sleeping tabs on Xbox WITHOUT A SETTING FOR THAT: Actually help when we say how do we turn off sleeping tabs I’m so annoyed and everyone else is fix your edge and add the option on Xbox edge to turn off the sleeping tabs setting I’m so done...
  5. Why will my xbox controller only flash 1 time then turn off without connecting to the xbox...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Why will my xbox controller only flash 1 time then turn off without connecting to the xbox...: Why will my xbox controller only flash 1 time then turn off without connecting to the xbox then I put the wire in and it connects for 3 seconds then disconnect I need help please and its not my...
  6. How to get my UPnP successful without turning it on

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to get my UPnP successful without turning it on: I can't play the game without being disturbed by lagging 27708f57-2064-4325-b3e0-ed3b2268059d
  7. How to turn off game mode on Xbox one without computer

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to turn off game mode on Xbox one without computer: I turned game mode on through my Xbox but don't know how to turn it off through the Xbox e30b0234-1d88-43ff-b783-4d21d361641d
  8. How to find a lost Xbox one controller without turning on the console

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to find a lost Xbox one controller without turning on the console: I don't know why but I can't seem to find my controller and many of the answer suggest or say that the console or the controller has to be on I don't know what to do any suggestions?...
  9. How to turn off hello pin without windows?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to turn off hello pin without windows?: I'm trying to sign into my Minecraft account on my mac but they switched all accounts to Microsoft based. It is now asking for some PIN but I never made one. I see I'm supposed to turn it off in...
  10. How do I turn off parental controls without a parent because the parent account is lost and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I turn off parental controls without a parent because the parent account is lost and...: Parental controls How to turn parental controls off without a parent account 29011a58-a95e-48c3-8056-6bb80a436afe