Can my Xbox S handle European Voltage?

Discus and support Can my Xbox S handle European Voltage? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello! I am an American who is currently working in Latvia and I brought along my Xbox S. I bought a Tessan Type C adapter to change from European to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Zach Silva, May 15, 2023.

1. Zach Silva
    Zach Silva Guest

Hello!

I am an American who is currently working in Latvia and I brought along my Xbox S. I bought a Tessan Type C adapter to change from European to American plugs. However, it says on the adapter that it does not convert voltage and "that my AC device must support dual 100-240V." The question that I have is if I plug in my Xbox, will it get damaged? I don't want to fry my Xbox.

Thanks so much

:)

Zach Silva, May 15, 2023
  2. Daft Badger Win User

You don't need an adaptor,just buy a power cable with the correct plug once you're in Latvia.

The Xbox S is multi voltage & using an adaptor could damage the console.
  3. ngocphi Win User

You don't need a converter except for the physical plug

You could just buy a figure 8 plug in any electronic shop locally modern electronics can switch voltages ita just a matter of physical connection

Anyrhing like heating products or cooking to inducts heat that's when you need a converter
  4. andersonpassos Win User

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

Good evening

The xbox consoles are bivolt, it supports voltages 110v and 220v without any problem, they have a stabilizer inside the xbox.
  5. revanjade Win User

Xbox/Games compatibility

Hi Maxen13,

Thank you very much for this answer.

So, it seems if i want to play games in my language, i have to use european xbox. Maybe it's not the place for this question, but if i use an european xbox 360 in Japan, i'm worried because plugs are different between french and japanese one. Energy voltage
    is different, so can the xbox be broken if i switch it with an adaptor ?

Maybe i should ask someone from a store.

(Sure, if i took my european xbox, i'll play my games from the same region).

Thank you !
  6. Paraffin Alien Win User

XBOX One Console Power Brick 110 ~ 220V

A European power brick should work just fine as they have an input voltage of 220-240V
Thema:

1. Can my Xbox S handle European Voltage? - Similar Threads - handle European Voltage

2. Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...

in XboX Insiders
    Will the Xbox series X be able to handle GTA 6, or will it be worth getting the new console...: Do y’all think that the console that is supposed to come out in 2026 will be worth buying for Gta 6 for the best possible experience, or do you think will the series X probably handle it good...
  3. Bring back the SNAP feature! New hardware is capable of handling it!

in XboX Insiders
    Bring back the SNAP feature! New hardware is capable of handling it!: I miss the days when you could Zoom your friend while using your gaming together. Being able to snap youtube on the side while you game was ahead of its time back in 2014. The new hardware would...
  4. Won’t Medal of Honor European assault play on Xbox series X?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won’t Medal of Honor European assault play on Xbox series X?: I get a message that says that this title is no backwards compatible but the website doesn’t list it as such 931e0123-b3c7-46f7-b33d-286a11b7e2da
  5. Been trying to get fraudulent charges on my account handled for hours now...how do I talk...

in XBoX on Windows
    Been trying to get fraudulent charges on my account handled for hours now...how do I talk...: Going through customer support on the Microsoft website has me talk to an Indian person for a couple minutes, then they transfer me to their "Xbox department" which means sending me into hour long...
  6. Call of Duty Comes to European Cloud Services

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Call of Duty Comes to European Cloud Services: Call of Duty is now available on European Cloud, This is part of the settlement and does not apply to other regions. COD on the cloud has no dates of availability anywhere else in the world, so...
  7. I am wondering if a asus tuf VG249Q1R can handle a 2.1 hdmi cable to run at 120fps at 1080...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I am wondering if a asus tuf VG249Q1R can handle a 2.1 hdmi cable to run at 120fps at 1080...: What cable would I need on Xbox series x to work with the asus tuf VG249Q1R to run on 120fps or is a hdmi 2.1cable fine? 585b3545-5015-4242-a2ee-eb2845719f23
  8. Will my laptop handles msfs

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Will my laptop handles msfs: I have ryzen 5 5600u and an Radeon graphics VRAM 512mb Video memory 5gb Ram 8gb Storage still have 170 gb out of 1tb Tysm b74f2e01-9f3c-47c0-a762-53e9824b943b
  9. Slander and Defamation really handled?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Slander and Defamation really handled?: I sent copies of the harassment, slander and defamation of character statements that are being sent to everyone on the game to MS, but nothing is being done. It is ILLEGAL in my state for MS &...
  10. Why can't my XBOX Series S handle Warzone suddenly???

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why can't my XBOX Series S handle Warzone suddenly???: So I've been playing Warzone 2 on my XBOX Series S since it came out. Up until about a month ago everything ran fine and looked great. Now for the last month or so my frame rate which always ran...