Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X.

Discus and support Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X. It is 120 fps compatible but only on 1080p, and 1440... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Ebbli ., Jan 6, 2024.

1. Ebbli .
    Ebbli . Guest

Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X.

Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X. It is 120 fps compatible but only on 1080p, and 1440 compatible but only on 60 fps.

:)

Ebbli ., Jan 6, 2024
  2. Icares974 Win User

Will Xbox series x/s have more monitors that run 1440p @ 120hz than current gen consoles?

Hi ! Do you know if Xbox series X will support and run in 1440p/120hz with a MSI Optix MAG27CQ ?

Thanks for your help :)
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Sorry about the incorrect information provided.

The issue here isn't about the Hz, it's about the timings. It may say it's capable of 120Hz and 1440P, but the actual timings might be off somewhat. The actual refresh might be 119.88Hz or something like that. Unfortunately, the manual does not seem to provide exact timings. This would not cause an issue with a PC graphics card as PC hardware can adjust to unofficial VESA timing standards, and this monitor was sold and marketed towards PC gamers, not console ones.

Older monitors using the HDMI 2.0 standard can have these issues as the HDMI port isn't the main way these screens will be connected. Display port is the port PC gamers will utilise.

An HDMI to DP adaptor probably won't work either.

I'm afraid if it does not have the correct 120Hz timings exactly, it won't work, and there is no way to make it work either. You're either going to have to put the display to 1080P @120Hz or replace it with a known working monitor that is fully compatible with the Series X.
  4. Hoskayra Win User

Hello Ebbli, my name is Oskayra, and I will be happy to help you.

Beforehand, it is important that you keep in mind that this is a public community forum, so we are players like you, we are not employees of Microsoft or Xbox, so we do not have access to any user account or check anything from the forum. All users help each other with common problems.

I am very sorry for the problem you are going through, with the intention of being able to help you, I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a post by JefeJoboo Xbox Embassy, ​​where he clarified your question:

Your monitor supports HDMI 2.0, so it should be able to 1440p at 120hz.

Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/1fbfe81b-8279-46ba-afb1-b2b28602220f

Thank you for your patience, I hope everything can be resolved. I will be attentive to your response. Blessings.

Sincerely,
    Oskayra.
  5. Obsessive Power Win User

I did an internal search on the Microsoft forum and found a post by JefeJoboo Xbox Embassy, ​​where he clarified your question: Your monitor supports HDMI 2.0, so it should be able to 1440p at 120hz. Information Source (Credits): https://answers.microsoft.com/thread/1fbfe81b-8279-46ba-afb1-b2b28602220f
    I really wish some of these 'Independent Advisors' would actually do some research and read the link they posted. They do not confirm that display will work, just they think it should. Later on down the thread the OP states it still does not work.

[​IMG]

My research on the MSI forum suggests that that this monitor does not work on the Xbox Series X|S, 1440P @120Hz

https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?threads/mag27cq-xbox-series-x-1440p120hz.350440/

[​IMG]
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Will Xbox series x/s have more monitors that run 1440p @ 120hz than current gen consoles?

Hi ! Do you know if Xbox series X will support and run in 1440p/120hz with a MSI Optix MAG27CQ ?

Thanks for your help :)
    It should do, going by the online manual.

However, the Xbox One X and S can be seriously fussy when it comes to displays and this may also be the case with Series X.

Monitors that work on Xbox One X with all features should work on Series X too.

I would advise doing some research first rather than blindly buying one. YouTube is a good place to check. Make sure you actually see the console running at 1440P @ 120Hz on Xbox.
Thema:

1. Can my MSI optix mag27cq curved gaming monitor run 1440p and 120 fps on my Xbox series X. - Similar Threads - MSI optix mag27cq

2. My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming

in XBoX on Consoles
    My MSI katana's keyboard disables itself and starts pressing down random keys only when gaming: I've tried everything with device manager but it doesn't change a single thing, i even tried using an external keyboard but the same thing happens. This issue first began a year ago when i just...
  3. Msi monitor 165 hz, 1080p can run 120 fps world of tanks console on xbox series s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Msi monitor 165 hz, 1080p can run 120 fps world of tanks console on xbox series s?: Msi monitor 165 hz, 1080p can run 120 fps world of tanks console on xbox series s Hello, I connected msi gaming monitor 165 hz and 1080p I put on xbox series S 120 hz and 1080p but in world of...
  4. windows 11 in msi b659 board. My usb bt disapear and wi fi stop working after few minutes

in XBoX on Consoles
    windows 11 in msi b659 board. My usb bt disapear and wi fi stop working after few minutes: Hi, I just built a new pc with a Ryzen 5 7600 and MSI B650 gaming plus wifi motherboard. When I start installing a game through steam my wifi stops working after 20 minutes furthermore my bt...
  5. Pressed network reset on my msi laptop can’t use keyboard anymore or connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Pressed network reset on my msi laptop can’t use keyboard anymore or connect to internet: My msi laptop those not work anymore because network reset messed it up I can’t even use my keyboard or connect to anything I have to type with the touch screen keyboard...
  6. how do i get the keyboard light to work on msi cyborg 15 a12v

in XBoX on Consoles
    how do i get the keyboard light to work on msi cyborg 15 a12v: how do i get the keyboard light to work on msi cyborg 15 a12v 52bacacd-a0a9-4ca0-a27b-eca92bafdf8a
  7. So recently my MSI Modern 14 laptop just refuse to charge itself and the battery drains...

in XBoX on Windows
    So recently my MSI Modern 14 laptop just refuse to charge itself and the battery drains...: So when I plug the charger in, it says it is plugged in and charging but the battery continues to drain like 1% per minute. It even shows the "Your battery is running low" warning at 5% and it...
  8. Xbox series X not registering video and refresh rates with MSI Optix G32CQ4 monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X not registering video and refresh rates with MSI Optix G32CQ4 monitor: I just got a xbox series x and im having trouble with allowing 4k and high refresh rates. I am trying to use a MSI Optix G32CQ4 monitor with the console, but its failing to recognise it as 4k...
  9. HZ rate dropping series X on msi optix

in XBoX Games and Apps
    HZ rate dropping series X on msi optix: Hi so with tmy series x I'm getting slight flickering and noticed my hz rate dropping from 120 to 48 at some points, any idea on how to fix? I don't believe I had this issue with my One X...
  10. Xbox One X and MSI Optix G27C5 Compatibility

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X and MSI Optix G27C5 Compatibility: I recently got the MSI Optix G27C5 to try it out with my Xbox One X. I’ve noticed that the quality is really off compared to my other gaming monitor that I’m trying out (LG UltraGear...