Can my internet connection be too fast when trying to run Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X

Discus and support Can my internet connection be too fast when trying to run Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have a Series X and run a hard wired connection to it. I get on average 500 Mbps download, 11.6 Mbps Upload, 0% packet loss, MTU 1480, Latency 50 ms.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MijoSquad NG, Feb 20, 2022.

1. MijoSquad NG
    MijoSquad NG Guest

Can my internet connection be too fast when trying to run Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X

I have a Series X and run a hard wired connection to it. I get on average 500 Mbps download, 11.6 Mbps Upload, 0% packet loss, MTU 1480, Latency 50 ms. Mind you this is hard wired connection. When I try to sign into my 360 profile hard wired, it does not work. It does however work when I am connected to WIFI. My WIFI speeds are as follows, 231 Mbps download, 5.5 Mbps Upload, 0% packet loss, MTU 1480, Latency 52 ms, 100% wireless strength. Is it possible that my 500 Mbps is too fast for the 360 servers to work with? I have been doing a lot of heavy reading involved with other people having the issue where they are unable to download their 360 profiles to their Xbox One/Series X and S. I am curious if this is indeed the root of the problem. It works just fine for me when I am using WIFI but not Hardwired to my router. I cannot use my 360 games online when I am hardwired. This wasn't the case for me until yesterday when I changed my gamertag however. Does anyone have a possible solution to my issue or is this something Microsoft will have to fix in a later update?

:)

MijoSquad NG, Feb 20, 2022
  2. XBF - Drew Win User

Hi MijoSquad NG,

This forum thread has users that found solutions to this problem after contacting Xbox support. Specifically check out X ELZHI X's post on January 14, 2021 for advanced troubleshooting DNS settings. Others found that it solved the issue for them as well.

--------------------
    Here's the original text from X ELZHI X's post on January 14 2021 to save you a click:

Hey Yall,

Ive been on the phone with xbox support roughly 1hr and 11 minutes now on this call, about 45 minutes on a previous call. I havent found my resolution yet but i thought I would share some of the steps they have had me try that i havent seen posted here.

in this order:

go to network settings

advanced settings

DNS settings

manual

for the first ipv4 set input 1.1.1.1
    for the second set input 1.0.0.1
    then choose alternate port selection
    as she put it "choose the one at the bottom of the list" for me that 54151

now go and remove your profile completely from you series x

and then delete your 360 data.

sign back in and launch the game, supposedly this will help. again for me it did not.

The other thing she did was remove my xbox live ultimate as she heard that could cause a conflict.

Third, is making sure your current xbox account password is under 16 characters, as the xbox 360 accounts did not allow for longer than that. if you end up doing a password change, youll want to remove the account on the xbox and sign back in.

We are moving into port forwarding and static IP troubleshooting next. Ill try to take notes and provide results here when we are finished. Hope the above helps someone!

--------------------------

Best regards,

XBF Drew
  3. Thomas Cotton Win User

My Xbox series X is no longer connecting to my internet.

The Xbox factory reset on the series X still did not work, it wouldn’t connect to the network. I connected my original Xbox one (2014) back up to my monitor and I was able to play online games just fine on there, same Microsoft account and internet that the series X was not connecting too. My Xbox series x keeps saying it has a hardware issue when trying to connect the internet, I’m pretty sure this proves it’s a physical problem with the hardware on my Xbox. I still have warranty on it and can return it and trade in for a new one. I’ll try doing this and seeing if the trade in one works.
  4. 💯Adrien Martinez. Win User

80151912 can’t connect to Xbox live

I have the same problem, I can't connect to Xbox Live on the Xbox 360 games (on my xbox serie x) since few days 🤔 I precise I don't have any problem on the Xbox serie X games, I have that only on the Xbox 360 games.

My internet is perfect too (I live in Belgium)
  5. ThatDirtyDave Win User

80151912 can’t connect to Xbox live

I am having the same issue and same error code (80151912) when I'm running the Xbox 360 emulator on my Xbox series X.

I can sign into Xbox live on my Xbox series x but not on the emulator running the Xbox 360.
  6. Chump Chump Win User

Can’t sign into Xbox live for backwards compatible 360 games on Series X - SOLVED

Hi Kathy.

To clarify the issue. My internet works fine for everything including all Xbox Series X and Xbox One games. It is only when I try to play Xbox 360 games through the Series X backwards compatibility, that online will not work. When trying to play a 360 game, my 360 profile signs in but it always fails to connect to Xbox Live and hits me with the error code I noted above.

In response to your questions

1 - Every Xbox 360 game I have attempted to play.

2 -
    [​IMG]

3 - I first noticed the issue (that I could no longer access 360 games online) around June this year. And I can confirm that it was otherwise definitely working in October last year. Notably I had moved houses and had a new internet connection set up between these dates.

4 - Yes I can.

5 - I no longer use my Xbox 360 anymore. But when I tried to check if it is also affected by this issue, the answer is yes. The Xbox 360 also cannot connect to Xbox Live. Although it could last year (as we used it specifically for Netflix). So yes, both the 360 console, and all 360 games running through backwards compatibility on the Series X are affected by this error.
Thema:

1. Can my internet connection be too fast when trying to run Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X - Similar Threads - internet connection too

2. Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox is connected to the internet (downloads/updates working, and "check network...: Updates are downloading, and the "check network connection" says all services are available and I am connected. However, the store won't load and multiplayer doesn't seem to work....
  3. It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work

in XBoX on Consoles
    It says that it has a perfect internet connection but it doesn't work: For a few days I've wanted to download Fallout 4 on my Xbox so I went and turned on my Xbox to get on the Microsoft store but when I turned it on it acted like there was no internet even though...
  4. My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox series x does not connect to the Internet at all. No wireless networks appear on it: The Internet works fine on everything else. ead1a9fe-d0af-4431-9005-424964e655e8
  5. Why is my Xbox refusing to download anything? It is already connected to the Internet.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is my Xbox refusing to download anything? It is already connected to the Internet.: Why is my Xbox refusing to download anything? It is already connected to the Internet. I have tried everything, resetting it, et cetera. 50638947-7199-49c6-b3ea-7260f9811b83
  6. Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity

in XBoX on Consoles
    Question about Weird Conditional Internet Connectivity: Everytime I play online multiplayer I get disconnected from the internet on multiple games. I heavily tested my internet and it is lightning fast and reliable on everything else except online...
  7. Unable to connect to internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    Unable to connect to internet: I've had internet issues in the past because of my ISP, but today after disconnecting the Ethernet cable from my series S, I can no longer connect to the internet, already tried both 2.4 & 5 GHz...
  8. Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 cant connect to internet or install system updates: My Xbox 360 4GB will not connect to the internet or perform system updates. It can recognize the WiFi signal, but it wont connect. Setting up a wired connection allows it to connect to the...
  9. No internet connection no matter what I do

in XBoX on Consoles
    No internet connection no matter what I do: So we experienced a lightning strike close to our house which caused us to lose power and replace the router and modem. The xbox series x turns on but I can't connect to the internet no matter...
  10. My xbox live took too long to connect even though I got internet

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox live took too long to connect even though I got internet: can anyone please help me I can't even load a game e5f60427-2064-44b5-83c7-a779e340d028