Can my friend install the same game as me if we are game sharing

Discus and support Can my friend install the same game as me if we are game sharing in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can i Install the snap game at same time while game sharing fe3faf39-f930-48af-8d17-3cc267b4ce13 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Xxsnipz ., Nov 19, 2023.

1. Xxsnipz .
    Xxsnipz . Guest

Can i Install the snap game at same time while game sharing

:)

Xxsnipz ., Nov 19, 2023
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

No, because game sharing outside your physical household is a violation of terms of service and can lead to account and hardware bans
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Compartir gold, gamepass....[Translation-Share gold, gamepass.... ]

Hello Valley,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you have an issue with shared game pass. Personally totally get where you are coming from. As my kids share with me. They are not able to install the game pass games directly from the game pass tab. If you select
    see in Microsoft store then your friend can install it from there. Give this a try and let us know.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. DrifterX22 Win User

Can my friend share a game with me?

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox

How to designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

The first time you sign in to an Xbox One and save your password, that console becomes your home Xbox. The console designated as your home Xbox is where you can share games and some content with others who sign in (with their own account) to that console
    with you. Never share your password or account sign in info.

Home Xbox switches are limited to five per year.

What can be shared

Share your Xbox Live Gold subscription with anyone else who signs in to your console.

Share games and downloadable content purchased from Microsoft Store with anyone else who signs in on your console. You can even share games downloaded as part of a subscription.

What can’t be shared

Account specific items may not be able to be shared. Some examples are:

• In-game content purchased within the game with in-game currencies like Minecraft Skin Mashups or Halo REQ packs
    • In-game currency such as Minecraft Coins
    Certain pre-order bonuses and special edition content falls into these categories, so you may not be able to share those items as they can only be redeemed once from the account of the person who purchased the game.

Play offline

On your home Xbox, you can play downloaded games while traveling, or in the event of a network or service outage. You'll need to ensure that your console is designated as your home Xbox before you go offline. For more info, see

Using Xbox One offline

If you have more than one Xbox One console, or if you sign in on multiple consoles, we recommend you designate the most frequently used console as your home Xbox.

Note You can have only one home Xbox at a time. You can share purchased games and Gold with others only on your home Xbox. You get 5 switches per year. Customer support cannot offer additional switches.

Designate an Xbox One console as your home Xbox

1. Press the Xbox button
      to open the guide.
    2. Select System > Settings > Personalization, and then select
      My home Xbox.
    3. Do either of the following:
      • Select Make this my home Xbox to designate the console as your home Xbox.
      • Select Remove this as my home Xbox to remove the designation.
    When you change home consoles, all device licenses for digital content will move to your new home Xbox. These device licenses will no longer be available on your previous home Xbox. In other words, when you switch your home Xbox, access to your content comes
    with you to your new home Xbox, and anyone signed in can enjoy it. Your previous home Xbox will still give your friends and family access to your stuff when you’re signed in to it.

Can I change my home Xbox console to a different console?

You can change which console is your home Xbox up to five times during a one-year period. This period works on a rolling basis, starting the moment you switch your home Xbox for the first time. If you reach your limit of home console switches for the year,
    you’ll get a message letting you know the next available date you can change it.

Note Customer support cannot offer additional switches. If your console shows you’ve made five home Xbox switches for the year and you need assistance, select
    Help when you see the message, Can’t make this your home Xbox. You may be eligible to receive an exception.

You can also get help with your home Xbox in Xbox Assist. Press the Xbox button
    to open the guide, select
    System
    > Xbox Assist, choose My Xbox Assist >
    Search, and then enter My Home Xbox.
  5. Mistress Sara Win User

If your friend wants to share with you he would need to download his account onto your console and then set it as his account's home console as Smwutches noted.

Keep in mind, if he shares login information with you, that is against the Terms of Service/Code of Conduct and could lead to an enforcement action.
  6. Nixelplex Win User

This can be done.

Please refer tot he Link below on how to create his console as your home console.

Xbox Home setup

I would advise against doing this. it would put your profile on his computer and I suggest not sharing your account information with anyone.
Thema:

1. Can my friend install the same game as me if we are game sharing - Similar Threads - friend install same

2. Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends List on Xbox Series S never being properly up-to-date: My friends list on my Series S is never properly up-to-date unless I do a console restart. Whenever I turn it on and see what my friends are doing, it'll say (for example: Playing Minecraft...
  3. Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I share my online status to certain people on my friends list: I only want to appear online to only 2 of my friends on my friends list without blocking them how do I do it. If not possible I would like suggest this idea. 09caca8a-b118-49d8-baaa-5f8bf5fb2c9e
  4. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  5. did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each...: did anyone figure out how to play with friends in keplerth me and my friend can't join each other f5fed898-2f87-4e6a-9f9a-116c71c17ba6
  6. Friends won't appear online

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Friends won't appear online: I'm on Xbox s, I play with my bro all the time with him inviting me in. Recently all of my friends even him no longer show up online even when I'm in a game with them, says last online 29 days...
  7. Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Why cant my friends stream hear my audio but hears everyone elses: im on xbox app and my friend said they couldnt hear me on the stream, what do i do to fix that or yall need to fix that ed144e69-1906-4ec9-b3f0-8f56b74d453a
  8. Comparison of installed games between friends library’s

in XboX Insiders
    Comparison of installed games between friends library’s: Hey just an idea I thought would be cool, for years with my friends nearly every week or month when we get bored of a game we always ask what games the other has installed, there’s a way to check...
  9. i gift friend game they cant install

in XBoX on Windows
    i gift friend game they cant install: i gifted my friend ark survival evolved on the xbox app on pc and he is unable to download it on his pc it gives him an error code were both in the same region baff68ff-f97f-49aa-9844-7fd37a4b8b06
  10. New pc for a friend and sea of thieves not possible to re-instal it

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New pc for a friend and sea of thieves not possible to re-instal it: My friend just made a new pc and we wanted to play sea of thieves on is new computer but he can not instal it and that pretty strange we try evering thing contact the support find the key but in...