Can my child change their own gamertag without parental input or knowledge?

Discus and support Can my child change their own gamertag without parental input or knowledge? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, My sons gamertag has recently changed and we wondered is this something he can do himself without parental input (he has a child's account and is... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by FranH1982, Jul 8, 2023.

1. FranH1982
    FranH1982 Guest

Hi,

My sons gamertag has recently changed and we wondered is this something he can do himself without parental input (he has a child's account and is 8) or should we be concerned about account security?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks

:)

FranH1982, Jul 8, 2023
  2. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, FranH1982

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

Your child should be able to change their gamertag if they have money on their account, as this costs money. So, if they had money on their account, then they could change their gamertag without your permission.

This is as far as I know,

Nathan
  3. XboxMom79 Win User

Xbox Family

Not exactly- I want to change all the gamer stuff- gamertag, game bucks, etc to my childs account (yet to be created) and maintain my own account as the parents account.
  4. Ducesmofuxaz Win User

Gamertag changed without my knowledge

I have a banned account from a homie playing on it. I didn't say it was my fault for being banned, stop assuming. Not my first rodeo dealing with that though. I don't really care what you say ngocphi. You strike me as a uptight goody two shoes that does
    no wrong. I wish I was as perfect as you kid. Like said, a gamertag does not define who or how someone plays. I play fair and treat those as i'd like to be treated. So find someone else who you can judge and make assumptions about. Now how do you all know
    who support can and can't contact. What they can do and what they can not do? Do you work there? Likely not. You call, message, etc and they are there to help you. Hence support. They are there to help. I'm sure they have numbers or someway to get ahold of
    anyone in the connected network involved with working within xbox live. Last, I have been reported on several occasions for no reason as some kids just want to create problems for you and your account. Other Words you don't have to always be doing something
    "wrong" to be reported. Take Halo 4 for instance. You can report someone for no reason whatsoever.
  5. oOUTSIDERo62 Win User

The real problem is that people seem to love the shock value, or think its funny, or whatever, to register with a name that offends people. LIVE is a family service. Kids play on it. This is why your name must be rated G for everybody. I guess I just don't
    understand why people like offensive names in the first place.
  6. ngocphi Win User

With such shaddy past are you sure you ain't hiding words like racists behind something

Pretty sure they cannot override pet

Nor can they make calls to pet

Fyi multiple violations cha lead to further punishment

Maybe you should focus on playing fair rather then cheating the system it gets you farther
Thema:

1. Can my child change their own gamertag without parental input or knowledge? - Similar Threads - child change own

2. I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have a child account and I want to change my profile picture to a custom one can I change...: I want to know if I can fix this 7b68a85c-ccba-42f2-a464-837ebab60649
  3. How do i change a child account to an adult account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do i change a child account to an adult account: I can not make my account an adult account even though i am 18 years old and it says that on the account on Microsoft as well 72148e57-0e98-465d-9461-d6c200a7ec0b
  4. Change Child Account Region

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Child Account Region: We have migrated to a new country and I am unable to change the region on my child's microsoft account. 83a9d129-b37c-4e73-88aa-c571c98967ce
  5. Change Adult Account into Child Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change Adult Account into Child Account: I accidentally made what was supposed to be a child account an adult account and I need to change it but it's not letting me. I don't want to delete all of the progress on the account tho....
  6. How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I change how often my child is required to enter their password?: I have a family account set up. I am the owner and I have one child on it. Every time we try to log them in on Xbox, it requires a password. I want to change it so that we don't have to enter a...
  7. change child's account region

in XBoX Accessibility
    change child's account region: It wont let me change child's account region when i try to do this it is greyed out. 10d76f58-8d30-4a77-95ab-ff8614522adb
  8. Change account to make organizer into child account

in XBoX Accessibility
    Change account to make organizer into child account: Hello, I need some tech help. When we got our xbox, I set up an account for my son. I then set up a different account from my daughter using a different email address as I was not tech savvy...
  9. Child account changes

in XBoX Accessibility
    Child account changes: Hey there, community! Some of you may start to get an email, or message on your screen when signing into Xbox, detailing that you need to have a parent or guardian sign into their account to...
  10. Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Changing Gamer tag on my child account, made my own change - now i need to pay 2x 10EUR to...: So as the title says, i tried to change the gamertag for my kid, through the family management portal, I chose the gamertag i wanted and went through the actions. All of this was free, and didn't...