can Microsoft Gift Cards be used to purchase Premium Minecraft Java Account?

Discus and support can Microsoft Gift Cards be used to purchase Premium Minecraft Java Account? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; If I have a Microsoft Gift Card, can I purchase Minecraft Premium Account Java Edition? I would like to use the points I have on Microsoft Rewards to... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JooWapa, Apr 30, 2019.

1. JooWapa
    JooWapa Guest

If I have a Microsoft Gift Card, can I purchase Minecraft Premium Account Java Edition? I would like to use the points I have on Microsoft Rewards to get a Microsoft Gift Card to purchase the game. I would be purchasing if from https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/store/ .

Not sure if it is relevant, but I have a mac.

:)

JooWapa, Apr 30, 2019
  2. JosefLBohorquez Win User

Can you get minecraft java and bedrock edition with a xbox giftcard?

Xbox account = Microsoft account
    Xbox gift card = Microsoft gift card, no matter what gift card (Xbox or Microsoft) you have. You're going to receive Microsoft balance directly in your account and you can purchase via Microsoft.com and Xbox.com with that money

You're not going to "redeem" Minecraft java and bedrock. You're going to purchase directly the game for your account. Once purchased the game is going to appear in the order history (https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders)

If you want a redeemable code in that case you need to gift the game and use the balance to pay
  3. Wishcatcher Win User

Hi,

Gift card works with digital content, so in my mind it should work ( on the microsoft side so use windows store not minecraft.net )

Regards,
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Joowapa,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. If the item you are wanting is directly from the Microsoft store than it is possible to use currency. As this one is directing you to Minecraft.net and not the Microsoft store, you will not be able to use
    the currency in this purchase.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. HollywoodBull Win User

Hey JooWapa (awesome name btw).

As the mod said. if the item you are looking for is from Microsoft store then indeed you can use it as long as you are playing the Microsoft version of the game.
  6. NeoDan123 Win User

Only Windows 10, Xbox version of the game is able to be bought from the Microsoft store. Java you will need to buy from Minecraft.net
Thema:

1. can Microsoft Gift Cards be used to purchase Premium Minecraft Java Account? - Similar Threads - Microsoft Gift Cards

2. Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...: Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens PostData: I am from the United States and I live there 3832f2cc-1a87-497d-bb04-42dc406796ce
  3. How to redeem gift cards i got from xbox microsoft rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    How to redeem gift cards i got from xbox microsoft rewards: I got a Roblox gift card from my microsoft rewards points on Xbox, however, i cant seem to find out how to access it. 7d0d4407-ac76-4f78-8b06-791e8f9304f7
  4. how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number?

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number?: how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number? 4210b371-f93f-4d4b-84e0-3e40ee3e6b89
  5. So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...: So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was told, it told him to go to xbox home, what now? e8d53929-9203-4558-982b-c79241a16cc0
  6. Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?: I claimed a $1.25 digital gift card and it’s not showing up and then I bought a $25 gift card and I still don’t see it when I try to purchase something 824ea680-9623-473b-af6a-0476a4603b5d
  7. where is league of legends gift card ???? i was about to redeem it and then microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    where is league of legends gift card ???? i was about to redeem it and then microsoft...: where is league of legends gift card ???? i was about to redeem it and then microsoft rewards removed it 7b6634c3-012a-4a36-bcdb-61ef5cd95396
  8. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?: I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more...
  9. Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which...: Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which retailer i bought it from. Turns out it was not activated, how can i now use it?...
  10. Microsoft Store Gift Card; with physical stores closed, how can I redeem them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store Gift Card; with physical stores closed, how can I redeem them?: I have two old Microsoft Store gift cards (had received them as gift several years ago). They say on the back that "This Card does not expire", but they come with a 16-digit code which cannot be...