Can Microsoft gift card be used to buy Minecraft: Java Edition?

Discus and support Can Microsoft gift card be used to buy Minecraft: Java Edition? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; With the migration of Minecraft accounts to Microsoft can a Microsoft gift card be used to buy Minecraft? 98173e4a-7876-4b79-9ec0-2d036726b2d8 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by SashaTemple, Feb 5, 2021.

1. SashaTemple
    SashaTemple Guest

With the migration of Minecraft accounts to Microsoft can a Microsoft gift card be used to buy Minecraft?

:)

SashaTemple, Feb 5, 2021
  2. RainingRoses Win User

3. nate flowers Win User

Can't redeem Minecraft Java Edition

i bought a minecraft java edition gift card from best buy and tried redeeming it i put in the whole code but it does not redeem
  4. Axolotl Queen Win User

Can Buy Minecraft Java edition which is currently 25$ to 30$ at https://www.minecraft.net/en-us/download From Microsoft rewards points?

No, Minecraft that u can purchase by xbox gift card is bedrock minecraft it is a different version i am talking about java edition minecraft
  5. Rostom L Win User

I wanted to buy Minecraft Java but I don't have a card to buy the game so I was wondering if I could purchase it with an Xbox gift card

Hi Mr!

Generally, you should be able to use Xbox gift card or Microsoft balance to buy games on Xbox Store. Please note that there are some contents that cannot be purchased with Microsoft balance. Take note as well that in redeeming gift cards or token/code, the system may require you to add a valid payment method as a form of verifying your account through the system.

You may check your options through https://www.xbox.com/games/store/minecraft-java..., the game can be bought as a gift where you could ask a friend or a family to send it as a gift to you and you just pay them.
  6. ThisGameIsSucky Win User

can Microsoft Gift Cards be used to purchase Premium Minecraft Java Account?

Yea, the mod is right.

The Java version and the Windows 10 version are two whole different games. Microsoft/Windows/Xbox prepaid gift cards can only work through digital store fronts (or in some cases the actual brick and mortar store) listed on those cards. There should be a
    list somewhere in the FAQs that tell you where all you can use said gift card monies.

You cannot use that money to buy things from an outside realm, in this case the Java version is considered an outside realm because its technically the "original" version of Minecraft nowadays and isn't the Bedrock edition available through all things Microsoft
    and beyond.
Thema:

1. Can Microsoft gift card be used to buy Minecraft: Java Edition? - Similar Threads - Microsoft gift card

2. Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...: Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens PostData: I am from the United States and I live there 3832f2cc-1a87-497d-bb04-42dc406796ce
  3. How to redeem gift cards i got from xbox microsoft rewards

in XBoX on Windows
    How to redeem gift cards i got from xbox microsoft rewards: I got a Roblox gift card from my microsoft rewards points on Xbox, however, i cant seem to find out how to access it. 7d0d4407-ac76-4f78-8b06-791e8f9304f7
  4. how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number?

in XBoX on Windows
    how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number?: how do i redeem my microsoft point in to a xbox $20 gift card with having a phone number? 4210b371-f93f-4d4b-84e0-3e40ee3e6b89
  5. So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...

in XBoX on Windows
    So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was...: So my brother bought a minecraft gift card, he tried redeeming it at microsoft which he was told, it told him to go to xbox home, what now? e8d53929-9203-4558-982b-c79241a16cc0
  6. Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can’t I see and purchase from a Microsoft rewards gift card?: I claimed a $1.25 digital gift card and it’s not showing up and then I bought a $25 gift card and I still don’t see it when I try to purchase something 824ea680-9623-473b-af6a-0476a4603b5d
  7. where is league of legends gift card ???? i was about to redeem it and then microsoft...

in XBoX on Windows
    where is league of legends gift card ???? i was about to redeem it and then microsoft...: where is league of legends gift card ???? i was about to redeem it and then microsoft rewards removed it 7b6634c3-012a-4a36-bcdb-61ef5cd95396
  8. How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?

in XBoX on Windows
    How does friend redeem Xbox gift card i purchased w/ Microsoft rewards points?: I purchased an Xbox gift card with my Microsoft rewards points for a friend. But when my friend tries to enter the code to redeem, she has to enter a 25 digit code, but the code I was sent is more...
  9. Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which...: Hi I bought a microsoft xbox gift card around christmas time and cannot recall which retailer i bought it from. Turns out it was not activated, how can i now use it?...
  10. Microsoft Store Gift Card; with physical stores closed, how can I redeem them?

in XBoX on Windows
    Microsoft Store Gift Card; with physical stores closed, how can I redeem them?: I have two old Microsoft Store gift cards (had received them as gift several years ago). They say on the back that "This Card does not expire", but they come with a 16-digit code which cannot be...