Can Microsoft game codes be sold?

Discus and support Can Microsoft game codes be sold? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Can I make money buying selling gift codes? Many people do it (sites and techniques removed). It is illegal? 4b9c0bba-608f-4541-a60d-cf061d6321f2 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by PeJua, Oct 29, 2023.

1. PeJua
    PeJua Guest

:)

PeJua, Oct 29, 2023
  2. Nathan Roberts (SN) Win User

Hey there, PeJua

Welcome to the Microsoft Community.

If you wanted to buy and sell Xbox codes, you will need to register as a Microsoft partner to do this. More information about this can be found here: Sell with Microsoft

Buying and selling the codes bought from the Microsoft store yourself will violate the Terms of Use as described here: Usage rules for Digital Goods (“Rules”) - Microsoft Support

People on the internet may have been given codes they could give away as free giveaways. Others may have be apart of this program, linked above where they can sell with Microsoft. Others may be doing it using codes they have bought themselves (which goes against the ToU).

Hope this information helps,

Nathan
  3. Sodangidni Win User

Hello, PeJua. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide some assistance with your inquiry today.

It is not illegal to sell gift codes unless you obtained them by using unethical methods, like using someone's else card, someone's else code, etc.

Please be aware that some sellers from these third party sites do it, and unfortunately, this is the way they make money from codes.
    It is not recommended to purchase from there because we are not able to verify really how the code was obtained.
    Additionally, if Microsoft founds the code is fraudulent, the person who redeemed it is going to be affected because Microsoft will remove it.

I hope my answer helped you in a certain way.

Regards,

Arturo.
  4. Lenmaer Win User

I can't install Soul Calibur 1.

Same for me. I bought a code on Amazon UK and it's not working.
    A code that was sold by Microsoft, not a third party reseller.
    That's a shame coming from Microsoft. Mr. S doesn't scam us like that and still allows codes to be used after a game was delisted.
    And btw, what Microsoft is doing is illegal in Europe, and can be sued for that.
  5. ClausReich Win User

Xbox One Game Codes Region Locked?

Hello KHVRN! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

Physical games are all region free, but codes for games and subscriptions are locked to the region were they are sold. So, in this case, a US ONLY code can only be redeemed in a US region account.
  6. KHVRN Win User

Xbox One Game Codes Region Locked?

Hello ! I'm Claus, an Independent Microsoft Community Consultant for Xbox! Glad to be able to help you!

Physical games are all region free, but codes for games and subscriptions are locked to the region were they are sold. So, in this case, a US ONLY code can only be redeemed in a US region account.
    Thank You Claus.
Thema:

1. Can Microsoft game codes be sold? - Similar Threads - Microsoft game codes

2. Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code

in XBoX on Windows
    Unable to Sign In to Microsoft Account to Redeem Xbox Game Pass Code: I'm experiencing difficulties signing in to my Microsoft account to redeem an Xbox Game Pass code. Whenever I try to log in, I encounter the message "You signed out of your account. It's a good...
  3. My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...

in XBoX on Windows
    My microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased - does anybody...: My Microsoft account was hacked yesterday and 5 game codes were purchased and gifted to a random email address - the total purchase amount was around £175. I have been desperately trying to...
  4. Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft bedrock code redeemed but game owned doesn't show on microsoft store or minecraft...: Hi, I recently used a Minecraft bedrock code and it was redeemed using my microsoft account. After redeeming the code (and the game shows on my microsoft order history), I downloaded the...
  5. i want to buy a microsoft flight simulator download code but i dont want to buy game pass...

in XBoX Accessibility
    i want to buy a microsoft flight simulator download code but i dont want to buy game pass...: do i need game pass to download microsoft flight simulator using a download code. 6297dc4c-1d12-40ab-8269-5cd115dfd7e1
  6. didnt get a code with pc game pass redeemed with Microsoft rewards?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    didnt get a code with pc game pass redeemed with Microsoft rewards?: I believe i was supposed to get a code when i redeemed my points, however i did not receive one. also whenever i try to get minecraft (on the launcher) or on the xbox app, it does not even say i...
  7. I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on...: I bought a game from microsoft store using a code from (removed) but it wont show on another device? It also does not show in my purchase history and will only allow me to purchase it again from...
  8. Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't install games on PC through Xbox and Microsoft Store apps; getting error code 0x80070005.: Specifically, I am trying to install Sea of Thieves. I have had this game since around launch and so had this game installed previously, but I had uninstalled after not playing for a long time and...
  9. Why won't Microsoft allow the same modifications in game code on Xbox as they do for PC...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won't Microsoft allow the same modifications in game code on Xbox as they do for PC...: 80% multiplayer games for HALO Infinite are hacked. What is the point of Gold membership if players using are immediately at a disadvantage? Also using the same game on PC allows for increased...
  10. How to solve error code 0x80070199 when installing any game from Xbox app or Microsoft store

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How to solve error code 0x80070199 when installing any game from Xbox app or Microsoft store: I recently fully reset my pc, and now any time I try to download games from the Microsoft Store or Xbox app I get error code 0x80070199. I have called customer support multiple times and that just...