Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?

Discus and support Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is it possible to use a Logitech g920steering wheel and a separate joystick (Logitech 3d extreme pro ) that is Xbox compatible with the Xbox adaptive... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Toby Gold, Apr 17, 2024.

1. Toby Gold
    Toby Gold Guest

Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?

Is it possible to use a Logitech g920steering wheel and a separate joystick (Logitech 3d extreme pro ) that is Xbox compatible with the Xbox adaptive controller together. Eg allowing me to use the joystick as accelerator and break and then the steering wheel to steer in Forza horizon 4?

Both are usb connections I think.

:)

Toby Gold, Apr 17, 2024
  2. XBF Diego M Win User

Using a mouse with Xbox Adaptive Controller???

Hi there!

While the XAC controller supports multiple external devices that plug in using 3.5mm or USB 2.0, I don't think mice are compatible external devices because the USB 2.0 connection is for the left and right control of the axis using two separate joysticks,
    like there are two thumbsticks on the controller, there are two USB 2.0 connections for the left and right control of the axis on the XAC. They substitute the thumbsticks that you would find on a normal controller. A mouse basically controls the entire axis
    and doesn't split it up into two like a controller does so you wouldn't be able to control the entire axis with the mouse by plugging it into only the left or right USB 2.0 port.

Does the game not allow you to use a mouse to steer and the quadstick to do everything else that would be done on the keyboard? Does it only let you use either configuration but not both at the same time?

Is there an option within the game to select use for steering with the mouse while using your quadstick for everything else on the PC?

If the game doesn't support the use of two different configurations at the same time, then unfortunately I don't think the XAC will help in this situation.

If you would like to learn more about the XAC, take a look at this support article that will direct you to every support information we have available online about this product:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/controllers/adaptive-controller-info

I hope this helps!
  3. XBF Diego M Win User

adaptive controller

Hey Doe,

Ok that makes sense. The XAC may be needed to button map accessories like that, however I still advise to research about this set up on YouTube to see if anybody has already tried it and can confirm your steering wheel is able to be button mapped through
    the XAC.
  4. sarkah Win User

XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working

Manufacturers often change a product design and continue to sell it as the same product. This is normal and can result from supply chain issues or cost-saving efforts. It sounds likeone of two things has happened, because reporting of this XAC incompatibility issue is widespread on this forum:

• Maybe a recent hardware revision of the Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick has made it no longer compatible with XAC
    • Maybe a recent firmware revision of the XAC has made it no longer compatible with Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick
    • Maybe this regression is a complicated product of both hardware and firmware revisions
    Wherever the problem stems from, it is the case that a new Logitech Extreme 3D Pro Joystick does not work with an updated XAC today.

Rather than waiting for Logitech and Microsoft to stop their Spiderman-pointing-at-Spiderman customer support reaction, I recommend buying a different joystick. Finding an XAC-compatible joystick can be difficult, but I have successfully tested the following in the past month: Thrustmaster USB Joystick, Hyperkin Trooper 2, and Ultimarc UltraStick 360.

If, by chance, you can play with one joystick and some arcade-sized buttons, I recommend looking for a "fight stick" controller to take the place of your XAC + joystick setup. (A fight stick is a large controller designed for fighting games.)
  5. bradenS1 Win User

Logitech G923 steering wheel won’t show up in Xbox accessories app for copilot with Xbox adaptive controller

Are there any steering wheels that can be connected to the xbox adaptive controller via the 3.5mm jack or usb connections available on the adaptive controller? (just as you would use other plug and play buttons/joysticks, etc)

If so, if the steering wheel comes with pedals, can those be assigned to another button? My son does not have use of his hands very much and is paralyzed so cannot use his legs. He currently plays other games with various buttons, joysticks, etc. with the adaptive controller, but he would like to be able to play driving games as well.

If anyone uses one or can tell me which one works with the adaptive controller (if there is one) I would greatly appreciate it.
  6. WhiTeYxM Win User

steering wheel compatible with test drive unlimeted 2

I'm pretty sure you can use a steering wheel with the game, but i don't think it works for the parts when not in the car, like when walking around the shops/garage although i think you can have the wheel and controller plugged in at the same time and just
    use the controller for when not in the car.
Thema:

1. Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time? - Similar Threads - XAC external joystick

2. TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition and the XAC

in XBoX Accessibility
    TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition and the XAC: I read that the TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition is designed to work with the XBox. https://www.thrustmaster.com/en-gb/products/tca-sidestick-x-airbus-edition/ Does this mean that it will work...
  3. Can I use the XAC as a TV remote on a smart TV?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use the XAC as a TV remote on a smart TV?: Is it possible to pair the XAC with a Samsung smart TV to change channels, volume, navigate through Netflix, YouTube and cable? Thanks 2f4c4c1d-ead0-4d9e-80f6-923cf4ca4d72
  4. I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...: Thrustmaster USB Joystick When plugged into the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC) the default buttons are listed below: Apart from the joystick functionality, the Thrustmaster USB Joystick has 6...
  5. XAC Pinouts / Expected Voltages ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    XAC Pinouts / Expected Voltages ??: Hi, does anyone have the expected open circuit voltages between the different pins for a TRRS 3.5mm plug of the R and B thumbpad of the XAC. These are pretty much meant to be 2-axis versions of...
  6. Will this perfect product work with XAC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will this perfect product work with XAC?: https://www.amazon.com/Azeron-Cyborg-Gaming-Keypad-Programmable/dp/B0B3YB78JR/ref=asc_df_B0B3YB78JR/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=598225306764&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6773552208959863299&hvpone...
  7. Connect Digital Potentiometer to the XAC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect Digital Potentiometer to the XAC: Dear Gentles; What is the optimum way to connect digital potentiometer to the XAC currently I used X9C103P with Arduino but the connection doesn't give stable behavior due to this undocumented...
  8. Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 need to work with XAC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 need to work with XAC: Can Microsoft arrange for Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 to allow the use of the XAC alongside Logitech Steering wheel? There is no problem using the game with a controller then also using the XAC as Co...
  9. XAC X1/X2 inputs

in XBoX Accessibility
    XAC X1/X2 inputs: Plugging in a 3.5mm jack into the X1 or X2 slot on my XAC causes it to constantly drag bottom left. There doesn't have to be anything attached to the other end. What's the deal?...
  10. XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working

in XBoX Accessibility
    XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working: I have been working with Xbox Support but to be blunt yet polite it has been a painful and unproductive experience. As a "Plan B" I have just started a support case with Logitech. The issue I am...