Can I use the XAC as a TV remote on a smart TV?

Discus and support Can I use the XAC as a TV remote on a smart TV? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Is it possible to pair the XAC with a Samsung smart TV to change channels, volume, navigate through Netflix, YouTube and cable? Thanks... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by EmmaC_OT, Dec 5, 2023.

1. EmmaC_OT
    EmmaC_OT Guest

Is it possible to pair the XAC with a Samsung smart TV to change channels, volume, navigate through Netflix, YouTube and cable?

Thanks

:)

EmmaC_OT, Dec 5, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Hello EmmaC_OT, my name is Jose, i am here to help you in any way I can.

Yes, it is possible to pair the XAC with a Samsung smart TV to change channels among other things. To do that, follow these steps:

Turn on the XAC and the Samsung TV.

On your Samsung TV, go to Settings > General > Accessories > Bluetooth.

Turn on Bluetooth on the XAC.

The Samsung TV should detect the XAC. Select the XAC from the list of detected devices.

Once the XAC is paired with your Samsung TV, you can use the buttons on the XAC to control the TV.

To change channels, press the Channel Up or Channel Down button.

To adjust the volume, press the Volume Up or Volume Down button.

To play or pause a video, press the Play/Pause button.

To advance or rewind a video, press the Forward or Back button.

Once the XAC is paired with your Samsung TV, you can use it to listen to TV audio through headphones or speakers connected to the XAC.

If your Samsung TV supports Bluetooth, but you can't pair it with the XAC, you can try the following:

Make sure the XAC and Samsung TV are turned on and close to each other.

Restart the XAC and Samsung TV.

Try pairing the XAC with the Samsung TV in an environment with less Bluetooth interference.

I hope this information has been useful to you, have a good day.
  3. Murderstyle75 Win User

Is anyone pleased with Xbox One?

I can never find my remote. With that being said however, my smart phone usually tends to be my TV remote.
  4. TAHER TAHER1 Win User

Xbox performing actions by itself

Check other remotes aswell such as smart tv remote or home sorround system remote sometimes they sync to your xbox one and allows controll from them
  5. Rostom L Win User

Is it possible to have the Xbox in its usual spot down stairs, but play the games sat in the bedroom on another tv, upstairs?

Hi David! I'm Rostom, an Independent Advisor. I will be glad to help you here.

I am afraid that's not possible because a smart TV doesn't support remote play. However, if you have a smart Samsung TV, you can use the Xbox Cloud gaming. It needs an Xbox Game Pass Ultimate subscription.

Please check the link below to know more about setting it up on Smart TV.
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/games-apps/...
  6. apostle92627 Win User

Really wish the Xbox app for Android was more user friendly...

I ended up getting a LG 4k smart TV -- which I needed, not because of this issue, but because my TV was 20 years old and it was terrible -- so it's no longer an issue.

However, I will say that I honestly believe the real reason there's no remote app (via Xbox app or otherwise) is just so they can push their $50 media remote. No thank you.
Thema:

1. Can I use the XAC as a TV remote on a smart TV? - Similar Threads - XAC remote smart

2. Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I use XAC with external joystick and separate steering wheel at the same time?: Is it possible to use a Logitech g920steering wheel and a separate joystick (Logitech 3d extreme pro ) that is Xbox compatible with the Xbox adaptive controller together. Eg allowing me to use the...
  3. TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition and the XAC

in XBoX Accessibility
    TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition and the XAC: I read that the TCA Sidestick X Airbus Edition is designed to work with the XBox. https://www.thrustmaster.com/en-gb/products/tca-sidestick-x-airbus-edition/ Does this mean that it will work...
  4. I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can confirm the Thrustmaster USB Joystick works with the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC)...: Thrustmaster USB Joystick When plugged into the Xbox Adaptive Controller (XAC) the default buttons are listed below: Apart from the joystick functionality, the Thrustmaster USB Joystick has 6...
  5. XAC Pinouts / Expected Voltages ??

in XBoX on Consoles
    XAC Pinouts / Expected Voltages ??: Hi, does anyone have the expected open circuit voltages between the different pins for a TRRS 3.5mm plug of the R and B thumbpad of the XAC. These are pretty much meant to be 2-axis versions of...
  6. Will this perfect product work with XAC?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Will this perfect product work with XAC?: https://www.amazon.com/Azeron-Cyborg-Gaming-Keypad-Programmable/dp/B0B3YB78JR/ref=asc_df_B0B3YB78JR/?tag=hyprod-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid=598225306764&hvpos=&hvnetw=g&hvrand=6773552208959863299&hvpone...
  7. Connect Digital Potentiometer to the XAC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect Digital Potentiometer to the XAC: Dear Gentles; What is the optimum way to connect digital potentiometer to the XAC currently I used X9C103P with Arduino but the connection doesn't give stable behavior due to this undocumented...
  8. Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 need to work with XAC

in XBoX Accessibility
    Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 need to work with XAC: Can Microsoft arrange for Forza Motorsport 5,6,7 to allow the use of the XAC alongside Logitech Steering wheel? There is no problem using the game with a controller then also using the XAC as Co...
  9. XAC X1/X2 inputs

in XBoX Accessibility
    XAC X1/X2 inputs: Plugging in a 3.5mm jack into the X1 or X2 slot on my XAC causes it to constantly drag bottom left. There doesn't have to be anything attached to the other end. What's the deal?...
  10. XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working

in XBoX Accessibility
    XAC and Logitech Extreme 3d Pro Not Working: I have been working with Xbox Support but to be blunt yet polite it has been a painful and unproductive experience. As a "Plan B" I have just started a support case with Logitech. The issue I am...