Can I use the IR out port to use my headset? -Xbox one X

Discus and support Can I use the IR out port to use my headset? -Xbox one X in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; I’m trying to find out if i can use the IR out port to plug in my headset. I’m only doing this because the headphone jack on my controller is ruined... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Alternative-Put-4767, Jul 11, 2024.

1. Can I use the IR out port to use my headset? -Xbox one X

I’m trying to find out if i can use the IR out port to plug in my headset. I’m only doing this because the headphone jack on my controller is ruined and I can’t find anything about this anywhere.(I could just not be looking hard enough )

submitted by /u/Alternative-Put-4767
    [link] [comments]

/u/Alternative-Put-4767, Jul 11, 2024
  2. DrifterX22 Win User

Xbox one x audio out IR?

IR out: Infrared output port for IR blaster (optional; IR blaster not included).

The IR port is designed to control devices via an IR transmitter such as a home theater system.

IR extension cables etc.
  3. Alex Balcanqual Win User

How do I use IR Port in back?

Does the xbox IR port repeat any remote I point at the kinect? My xbox one is at front of room (as there is no 40ft kinect extension cable). The rest of my equipment is in a closet, it includes items not controllable via xbox. Can I plug an IR extender
    cable into the IR output port and use tho kinect to receive IR signals and send them to the closet?
  4. Fearless Reign7 Win User

What speaker options do I have?

Xbox one x does have an optical port on the back of the console. The controller that it comes with has a 3.5 mm so you can hook a pair of good headsets to them.

in my opinion, a good headset that uses the optical port are astro a50, and a good basic stereo headset to plug into the controller is hyperx cloud alpha. Of course there are alot of options out there.
  5. Georges C. Win User

Getting static sound from aux port of xbox one x console

Hello again, this port is for Infrared command connections or Home System connections, not made to connect headsets.

If you have any equipment connected to this port try to touch the cable or change the cable to see if it returns to normality.

Using IR extension cables with Xbox One

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  6. Internet Expert Win User

Controlling your TV with the Xbox One X

The Xbox One X has an IR-emitter built into the front of the console (near the disc eject button), or it can use the Kinect. If either device is being obstructed by any objects, or not in a position where the IR light might not reach
    the TV, the signal may not work.

If you used a
    separate IR-emitter
    with your original Xbox One, you can try using that with the Xbox One X. If you used a Kinect to control your TV, you will need to get a

Kinect adapter
    in order to plug it into the Xbox One X.
Thema:

Can I use the IR out port to use my headset? -Xbox one X

1. Can I use the IR out port to use my headset? -Xbox one X - Similar Threads - port headset

2. Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in: I just bought a brand new Series X yesterday and when i plugged my headset into my remote i noticed that the headphone jack wobbles around ALOT and effects the audio not sure why but its brand new...
  3. Headset into USB-C port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset into USB-C port: Can you plug in a USB-C headset into the port of this Xbox one controller: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller ? 4d7b45ff-1131-4ecf-996a-0afdfadfc12b
  4. Xbox Series Controllers Losing Connection/Freezing With Wired Headset Plugged into AUX port...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series Controllers Losing Connection/Freezing With Wired Headset Plugged into AUX port...: Hi just want to report a bug I've found with controllers constantly losing connection or freezing whenever playing on the console with a headset plugged into the AUX port. I was told this is...
  5. Headset port not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset port not working: I bought an Xbox one controller from eBay in August and now the headset port is not working. We emailed the seller on the 10th November, no reply. Emailed again on 24th November and they replied...
  6. Are xbox elite and 1708 controller Headset Connector Port the same?

in XboX Insiders
    Are xbox elite and 1708 controller Headset Connector Port the same?: [IMG] If you don't consider the color. Are the headphone jack of the Xbox elite controller and the headphone jack of the Xbox one slim universal? I see the following picture, including the...
  7. Request: please allow headset functionality through the Xbox One controller audio port when...

in XboX Insiders
    Request: please allow headset functionality through the Xbox One controller audio port when...: I don't know if this is possible just by updating bluetooth drivers or if it simply can't work because of the nature of android and how it handles devices. But if we can, it would be a welcome...
  8. Xbox elite controllers headset port quit working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controllers headset port quit working: After 8 months of use my headset stopped working when plugged into my xbox elite series 2 controller. When I plug my headset into a different controller it works fine. When I plug it into the...
  9. headset port stopped working after controller update

in XBoX Accessibility
    headset port stopped working after controller update: earlier today updated one of my two design lab controllers (to 4.8.1908.0) and after update the headset port is no longer working is there a way to fix or do i wait for other update or what? i...
  10. Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?: I recently got this headset but when I connect them to the Xbox (on the usb port) i just can turn them on but I cant talk or hear anything. What I need to do to make them work?...