Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store?

Discus and support Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My computer was built specifically for MSFS 2020 but Windows 11 23H2 is playing up and I have requested a full re-install from the supplier. I... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ray Jennings1, Dec 12, 2023.

1. Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store?

My computer was built specifically for MSFS 2020 but Windows 11 23H2 is playing up and I have requested a full re-install from the supplier. I delivered the computer to the company today to do the necessary work and they are 110 miles away! When Windows 11 has been re-installed, in order to re-download and install MSFS I have been asked for my Microsoft Store password. I don't think I have one. Will my normal Microsoft Account password be accepted by the Store to download the Sim?

:)

Ray Jennings1, Dec 12, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store?

Hi there Ray, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Yes, the password for the Microsoft Store is the same as your Microsoft account password because they are essentially the same. Just make sure to sign in to it using the same Microsoft account with which the game was originally purchased, as mentioned earlier by SwordofWhedon.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. SwordofWhedon Win User

Yes ad long as that's the account you used for the purchase
  4. the1eagleman 1 Win User

MSFS 2020 always gives an Error code: (0x8007042b) when starting

I play it on PC.

Downloaded the game from Xbox as I can't download it from the Microsoft store.

I have the disk version but then too I still get this error.

Only on MSFS 2020 does it happen. The rest I can play normally.

I tried every solution that I can find online including the forums here.
  5. Poetic Phoenix 3 Win User

moving away from steam

Thank you for contact us! I'm Anderson, an Independent Consultant and a Microsoft user like you.

good night

First you need to uninstall the game through steam, and then install it from the microsoft store.

If you have already made the purchase through the microsoft store, confirm here:

https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders/
    I tried the following

Here are the steps I followed

1. Remove MSFS 2020 from steam

2. Delete the steam account on the steam web page

3. Uninstall steam on my PC

4. Go to MSFS store and buy MSFS 2020

5. Install MSFS 2020

6. Launch by double clicking the application.

-- When I did this I got an error about this gamertag already connected to some other or something like that. ---

Did I miss something?
  6. MaxiDoom Win User

Latest mandatory update for flight simulator 2020 not showing up or downloading in microsoft store.

I can also confirm this worked for me on PC. I downloaded the XBOX app via the store.

Then, in store, clicked the three dots.

Then "downloads and updates" and sure enough there was an update for MSFS 2020 1.19.9.0. This was 507.0MB.

I then started MSFS 2020 which went to its own install manager and showed me the "Standard Content" mandatory update which was 108.12MB. The total download, however, was 3.19GB.

I then downloaded all available updates in content manager.

Once all this was complete I quit to desktop and restarted MSFS 2020 without issue.

I think it's VERY strange to need to install the XBOX app for any updates to show in the PC's Microsoft store!!
Thema:

1. Can I use my normal Microsoft Account password to download MSFS 2020 from Microsoft Store? - Similar Threads - normal Microsoft Account

2. Xbox turn on normally after a power surge

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox turn on normally after a power surge: Hello guys, just wanted to check if my Xbox is faulty or not. Unfortunately for the last few days we've experienced power surges in our region due to the electrical company changing some cables...
  3. Is this normal?! Please help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is this normal?! Please help!: I have an Xbox 360 the white one where you lay them down and all that and mine was never had any issues I mean I've done the red light of death before and I didn't think anything of it and it's...
  4. Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s

in XboX Insiders
    Fortnite Xbox series s and normal s: Hi! I want to know if there is a difference between Xbox series s fortnite edition and the normal Xbox series s because the one with fortnite edition is cheaper than the normal one. If it was the...
  5. How to contact Microsoft during normal hours to check on status of warranty repair?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to contact Microsoft during normal hours to check on status of warranty repair?: Have an XBOX Elite Series 2 in with MS for repair. Got a call from someone claiming to be from Microsoft saying they would refund me the cost of the device. Since they were calling during dinner...
  6. Cannot find correct downloadfile for Microsoft flight sim deluxe. (the normal deluxe...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Cannot find correct downloadfile for Microsoft flight sim deluxe. (the normal deluxe...: All, I bought a key for MS flightsim deluxe on G2A and all was well, installed nthe game, played it, got busy and forgot it . Had to reinstall Windows and this week I remembered owning MS FS...
  7. Statement: The new xbox series x overheats and shutsdown with normal use. Microsoft please...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Statement: The new xbox series x overheats and shutsdown with normal use. Microsoft please...: I purchased a new series x on friday 20,2020. Got the machine set up and started redownloaded COD black ops and Warzone from off the cloud. The machine is in a well ventilated area away from dust....
  8. Can I use a normal 10 euro Microsoft gift card to get the game pass for 1 month (plus the ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use a normal 10 euro Microsoft gift card to get the game pass for 1 month (plus the ...: Can I use a normal 10 euro Microsoft gift card to get the game pass for 1 month (plus the 2-week trial) and then play the `Play Anywhere` titles like `Sea of Thieves´ on my Windows 10 PC? If I can...
  9. Can I use a normal 10 euro Microsoft gift card to get the game pass for 1 month (plus the ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use a normal 10 euro Microsoft gift card to get the game pass for 1 month (plus the ...: Can I use a normal 10 euro Microsoft gift card to get the game pass for 1 month (plus the 2-week trial) and then play the `Play Anywhere` titles like `Sea of Thieves´ on my Windows 10 PC? If I can...
  10. Can I use a normal 10 euro Microsoft gift card to get the game pass for 1 month (plus the 2 ...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I use a normal 10 euro Microsoft gift card to get the game pass for 1 month (plus the 2 ...: Can I use a normal 10 euro Microsoft gift card to get the game pass for 1 month (plus the 2-week trial) and then play the `Play Anywhere` titles like `Sea of Thieves´ on my Windows 10 PC? If I can...