Can I use my Mac Monitor as a monitor for my Xbox?

Discus and support Can I use my Mac Monitor as a monitor for my Xbox? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have been researching for the answer to this and they're all mixed. I've bought an HDMI to mac adapter. When I put it in the mac nothing comes up I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Shantelle Simpson, Feb 15, 2024.

1. Can I use my Mac Monitor as a monitor for my Xbox?

I have been researching for the answer to this and they're all mixed.

I've bought an HDMI to mac adapter. When I put it in the mac nothing comes up I can't change the source as many websites and youtube videos say I can. How can I play on my Xbox through my mac monitor.

:)

Shantelle Simpson, Feb 15, 2024
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

It depends on which one

Does it have HDMI?

Honestly it's faster just to plug it in and see
  3. Souders Win User

Can i use my computer monitor?

IF your monitor has no HDMI or component then I wouldnt bother. Your monitor has DVI, and you can get an HDMI to DVI cable, the problem is you wont have audio to the monitor, you'll need another audio source

www.monoprice.com/.../product.asp
  4. Tuscani Terror Win User

I just wanted to throw in that you could use your pc audio as well if you'd rather not have your monitor and TV on at the same time. You would just need the following:

1) Xbox Audio Adapter

www.bestbuy.com/.../4561394.p

2) 3.5mm female/ RCA male Y-Cable

www.cablestogo.com/product.asp

You might be able to find different prices on both, or even at a local store. I just needed examples of what you're looking for to establish audio.
  5. C4NDY BR0 Win User

you can't use your computer monitor. You can use a MONITOR - TV with a scart or hdmi source ;)
  6. aXs Dalton Win User

I'm not trying to brag but I use a PC monitor when I'm on the Xbox, I use a XBOX to VGA cable, they are real cheap, but for audio I use the Astro's headset so depending on what audio source your using depends on if you need the cables above.
Thema:

1. Can I use my Mac Monitor as a monitor for my Xbox? - Similar Threads - Mac Monitor monitor

2. how can I find my Xbox's Mac address?

in XBoX on Consoles
    how can I find my Xbox's Mac address?: Can I find the mac address for my Xbox without it being active? I have recently purchased a new Xbox, and I need to connect it to the Internet to update the console, here's the conundrum; I live...
  3. What's wrong with my wifi connection? Also, what is MAC connection?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What's wrong with my wifi connection? Also, what is MAC connection?: I've had my Xbox one s for a little over a year now. It was gifted to me by my brother in law. I don't know how long he has had it, but I know it was in storage for a while. The WiFi on it has...
  4. I entered my alternate mac address and my internet still wont work, what do i do now?

in XBoX on Consoles
    I entered my alternate mac address and my internet still wont work, what do i do now?: My internet randomly stopped working so i tested the connection to see the issue, it told me to enter the alternate mac address. So I did that and it still won't work, I have tried resetting the...
  5. Is it possible to use Xbox Game pass ultimate for PC on Ipad or Mac?

in XboX Insiders
    Is it possible to use Xbox Game pass ultimate for PC on Ipad or Mac?: I would like to play with Age of Empires or Crusader Kings, but the console versions are different from the console ones. And I would also prefer using a mouse. submitted by /u/MajkoTrey21...
  6. Cannot enable preview features for cloud gaming on mac

in XboX Insiders
    Cannot enable preview features for cloud gaming on mac: Whenever i click “preview features” i don’t get the preview features and it turns off as soon as I log out or refresh the page. How do I fix this? submitted by /u/Duckyboi10 [link] [comments]
  7. Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac

in XBoX on Windows
    Contacting an Agent and Remote Play on Mac: I liked my new Xbox Series S. Bang for every buck and better than its competitor on various categories. However, I am disappointed with Microsoft Xbox support. It is impossible to get in touch...
  8. Coud gaming using keyboard / mouse on Mac ?

in XboX Insiders
    Coud gaming using keyboard / mouse on Mac ?: Hello Insiders Im part of Deta release and Im up to date so according to last changelogs I should be able to test keyboard / mouse beta through cloud gaming on browser :...
  9. Wired mac code BC-85-57-8C-CF get this mac address

in XBoX on Consoles
    Wired mac code BC-85-57-8C-CF get this mac address: Y do I getting g this address my xbox connects for a little while then kicks me off wifi. How do I change my mac address back to my old one? b450bea7-0b15-44c2-93c9-90a5fc830280
  10. Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Connect XBOX 1 Elite Controller Series 1 to Mac?: am under the impression that this controller does not support Bluetooth/wireless connections. Even if it does, my 2023 Mac M2 still does not recognize it (running the latest update). I have tried...