Can I use an app on PC to slow down a game?

Discus and support Can I use an app on PC to slow down a game? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; I'd like to use an app to make a game on PC run slower at times because I am physically unable to press the buttons quickly enough for certain tasks.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Chucklestyle, Jun 2, 2024.

1. Chucklestyle
    Chucklestyle Guest

I'd like to use an app to make a game on PC run slower at times because I am physically unable to press the buttons quickly enough for certain tasks. The question is, is this considered "tampering" and will it get me banned?

:)

Chucklestyle, Jun 2, 2024
  2. AdamDietterick Win User

Starting to get feed up with the XB1 UI

From time to time, depending on the game I am playing it might slow down. But I think it is related to the game not the overall UI. Also, think of this console like a late '80s to mid '90s PC. From time to time, it will slow
    down when multiple things are going on. You may need to close out apps by hitting start and closing the app/digital game.

The same can be said of my Lumina 925, which shares the Windows 8 OS. And when I don't close out multiple apps, my phone slows down. Now, after most times I open an app. When I am done, I will close the app out and move on.
  3. Mr nestea 117 Win User

Download speeds.

It’s probably due to the amount of people updating the game/app which can slow down speeds
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Game Pass Beta PC Installer.

Hi,

You can install games on any drive, but I'm pretty sure the Game Pass app needs to go on C:\ drive.

I really wouldn't recommend having a full C:\ drive. Not only will this slow your PC down, but a full drive will make updating Windows impossible.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Lenteurs de téléchargements anormales[Translation-Abnormal download slowness]

Hi Maxim,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We understand you have issue with slow downloads. To be honest it can happen from time to time. Where downloads slow down drastically. Mine do it all the time. You can try the

slow download of game or app
    guide for troubleshooting.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. Fl0ydPinkert0n Win User

Update and game download speeds

Thema:

1. Can I use an app on PC to slow down a game? - Similar Threads - app slow down

2. Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Game Bar won't open and Microsoft apps all being extremely slow.: This problem started around a couple of weeks ago and I haven't found anything about it online since. I'm running a very beefy PC which uses Windows 11 and all of the Microsoft apps used to work...
  3. slow downlaod speeds in xbox pc app

in XBoX on Windows
    slow downlaod speeds in xbox pc app: HI im barely getting 300kb download speed in the xbox pc app. can anyone help? I have done speed tests and I am getting 60mb speeds. I have repaired and restarted the app that didnt help....
  4. Why is the xbox app so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the xbox app so slow?: I usually get 50 Megabits per second on everything else. But the Xbox app at max gets 700 Kibibytes. That is 5 Megabits per second. At this rate, my 113 GiB game will get done in a week. How is a...
  5. why is my xbox app downloading so slow?

in XBoX on Consoles
    why is my xbox app downloading so slow?: It appears that the Microsoft store is limiting my downloads speeds on the Xbox app and the EA app. Any help?? 947a66a5-5c27-40e9-80a9-9c4061330229
  6. Xbox app downloads speed slow

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox app downloads speed slow: I use the Xbox app on PC and I have the same issue as a lot of others I've been able to see on this site. Download speed is incredibly slow seems to cap at 10mbps when my internet has Download...
  7. Slow network on APPS like Xbox & others

in XBoX on Consoles
    Slow network on APPS like Xbox & others: Hello i'm french so i'll try to do my best bc my english is not the best one ! I'm having some "network" problem, to be clear i just moved to windows 11 when i'm doing a speed test (ookla) i'm...
  8. Xbox App, microsoft store and games incredibly slow to start

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox App, microsoft store and games incredibly slow to start: Hi iv been having an issue with my windows 10 pc. I have the xbox app loaded onto my pc to run the gamepass games. About a week ago the xbox app and the microsoft store started taking forever to...
  9. xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox app pc won't update and gamepass games slow download speed: I recently remembered that game pass carries over to my pc as well so i attempted to download a gamepass game, state of decay 2. As i type this out, the download speed hasn't reached over 1 MB/s...
  10. Xbox series X stuck in slow motion, games, dashboard, any apps, all slow mo visuals and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox series X stuck in slow motion, games, dashboard, any apps, all slow mo visuals and...: My Xbox was fine yesterday, now everything is stuck in slow motion. Like games, apps, even sounds on dashboard. And no it's not the TV. Almost $9k TV. It's fine. Very agitating. Any help would be...