Can I use a webcam that isn’t the right format?

Discus and support Can I use a webcam that isn’t the right format? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I bought this nexigo n69 mebcam to stream on twitch on my Xbox. The camera is in ASF format and from why I’ve heard isn’t compatible with Xbox. Is... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Aiden Young1, Nov 30, 2023.

1. Aiden Young1
    Aiden Young1 Guest

I bought this nexigo n69 mebcam to stream on twitch on my Xbox. The camera is in ASF format and from why I’ve heard isn’t compatible with Xbox. Is there a way to bypass this so I can use this webcam?

:)

Aiden Young1, Nov 30, 2023
  2. KhajiBower34 Win User

Hello Aiden, My name is Khaji I am the independent advisor and I will be happy to help you today.

If your webcam is in ASF (Advanced Systems Format) format and not directly compatible with Xbox, it may be challenging to use it directly without additional hardware or software. Xbox consoles typically support USB webcams that conform to specific formats and standards.

However, there are some potential workarounds you can try:

1. Check if your webcam is compatible with Xbox consoles. Xbox consoles generally support USB webcams that adhere to standard video formats such as MJPEG or YUY2. Review the webcam's specifications or contact the manufacturer to confirm its compatibility with Xbox consoles.

2. If your webcam is not directly compatible with Xbox, you may consider using a USB video capture device. These devices allow you to connect various video sources, including webcams, to your Xbox console. The video capture device converts the video signal into a format that is compatible with Xbox. Ensure that the USB video capture device you choose is compatible with Xbox consoles.

3. Another option is to stream your gameplay using a PC instead of directly from the Xbox console. In this setup, you can connect your webcam to your PC and use streaming software that supports the ASF format. You would capture the gameplay video from your Xbox console on your PC and combine it with the webcam video using streaming software. This method requires a capture card or a network streaming solution to capture and transmit the Xbox console's video to your PC.

Thank you very much for your patience and understanding! If you need anything else, do not hesitate to contact us again.
  3. Francia J. Win User

What cameras are compatible on xbox for streaming?

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there. I am an Independent advisor and I am here to help you in regard to your concern.

According to Xbox Support:

"You'll need a 1080p webcam that has a YUY2 or NV12 format to stream with it. Most Logitech and Microsoft LifeCam webcams have this format. If you're not sure which format your webcam has, check with the manufacturer.

For the best experience, we recommend these webcams:

Microsoft LifeCam Studio

Microsoft LifeCam HD-3000

Logitech C922 Pro Stream Webcam

Logitech C930e Webcam"

For your reference, I got you this link: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/friends-soc...
  4. PetryBosch Win User

xbox live vision on xbox one

5. Ricardo Lechuga Win User

Livestreaming with webcam using Twitch - Microsoft Modern Webcam on Xbox Series S

Hi Weidhas! My name is Ricardo an independent advisor ready to help you with this situation!

You’ll need a 1080p webcam that has a YUY2 or NV12 format to stream with it. Most Logitech and Microsoft LifeCam webcams have this format.

The Microsoft Modern Webcam seems to not support this format
  6. Reegan_T Win User

how do i get this thing to work?

Thema:

1. Can I use a webcam that isn’t the right format? - Similar Threads - webcam isn’t right

2. Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...

in XboX Insiders
    Webcam I used previously for streaming to Twitch hasn't worked since the Dashboard was...: I have already made a bug report within the xbox. It is really frustrating because the camera worked perfect before, for roughly 1 year with no issues. I tested the camera with my laptop and it...
  3. Webcam stuck on preview loading

in XBoX on Consoles
    Webcam stuck on preview loading: i just bought the logitech c922x pro stream webcam for my xbox last night. It was working perfectly. This morning it says the cameras on but the preview screen only says preview loading. I have...
  4. Microsoft Modern Webcam with MacOS

in XBoX on Consoles
    Microsoft Modern Webcam with MacOS: So I just bought the Microsoft Modern Webcam and I am trying to use the mic. However, according to online sources the only way to turn on the mic is to use the Microsoft accessory center but there...
  5. Logitech c925e webcam

in XBoX on Consoles
    Logitech c925e webcam: I have a logitech c925e webcam that was recommended to me specificallyfor streaming on xbox but when I plug it in to my series X it recognizes that a webcam has been plugged in but the webcam...
  6. My webcam isnt working on my xbox seires s ive tried everything that its told me too

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My webcam isnt working on my xbox seires s ive tried everything that its told me too: Ive plugged my new webcam into my xbox and it isnt working i have gone to xbox support like it told me too and it didnt help at all so can u get back to me as soon as possible...
  7. Is the Logitech C270 3.0MP Webcam compatible with an Xbox Series S ?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is the Logitech C270 3.0MP Webcam compatible with an Xbox Series S ?: Is the Logitech C270 3.0MP Webcam compatible with an Xbox series s 6fc35dec-475c-435f-b17b-db2cec78ce27
  8. Is there any way to take a picture with a usb webcam on an xbox one?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Is there any way to take a picture with a usb webcam on an xbox one?: I just need to know if it's possible to take a picture with a webcam connected to an xbox one. 8e10ae2b-42ea-4560-8de9-91d2d4a2338d
  9. I want to start streaming but I want to use an actual camera instead of a webcam, how would...

in XBoX on Windows
    I want to start streaming but I want to use an actual camera instead of a webcam, how would...: I want to start streaming but I want to use an actual camera instead of a webcam, how would I go about that to hook the camera up to my Xbox? 78739a90-a828-476b-80f4-cbed23175d58
  10. New Webcam isn’t working with series x on twitch app

in XBoX Games and Apps
    New Webcam isn’t working with series x on twitch app: i see a lot of other people having the same issue. I can go into Skype and it shows that my brand new webcam works perfectly fine but when i goto stream on twitch the webcam isnt recognized. Ive...