Can I use 250GB Slim HDD in new"sleek"model?

Discus and support Can I use 250GB Slim HDD in new"sleek"model? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have an xbox 360 but its getting slow most of time if I get the xbox 360 e sleek is it faster a7d349f0-9f33-45b6-9ea7-9444e897919a Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by FREAKIESTGEORGE, Jun 22, 2014.

1. Can I use 250GB Slim HDD in new"sleek"model?

I have an xbox 360 but its getting slow most of time if I get the xbox 360 e sleek is it faster

:)

FREAKIESTGEORGE, Jun 22, 2014
  2. Can you use an old Xbox 360 (60GB) HDD in the new Slim?

As the topic says, can you use an old HDD in the new Slim? Have a 4GB Slim, and already out of memory on my HDD. Won't have the money until next pay period for a 250GB HDD, but have an old 60GB HDD lying around somewhere. Will it work?

Wilhelm Robert, Jun 22, 2014
  3. JMD2471
    JMD2471 Guest
    Memory transfer

My question is this. I have a Xbox 360 S already and I am thinking of purchasing a new one, but one in the Black Matte style with a 250GB HDD. My current console has a 250GB HDD already in it. Can I use the new transfer cable that is meant for the Slim
    Xbox 360 and transfer my content from one 250GB HDD to another 250GB HDD? The new Matte Xbox's with a 250 HDD in them already have them, so I don't need to have two hard drives. So basically in escense I am asking it I can transfer content from 250GB to
    a 250GB?

JMD2471, Jun 22, 2014
  4. WPAK
    WPAK Guest

Hi there,

a slim HDD should fit without any problems in a E model.

Just be aware that both consoles are basically the same and the problem for slowness can be the hard drive itself or the things on it.

Have you tried clearing the cache of the console or redownloading your profile? To see if that makes a difference

- Clear the console cache, see this link for the how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

- Delete your profile from the console, be sure to delete only the profile, to do so check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete

5. Bazajaytee Win User

Can I use 250GB Slim HDD in new "sleek" model?

6. WPAK Win User

Hi there,

a slim HDD should fit without any problems in a E model.

Just be aware that both consoles are basically the same and the problem for slowness can be the hard drive itself or the things on it.

Have you tried clearing the cache of the console or redownloading your profile? To see if that makes a difference

- Clear the console cache, see this link for the how to:
    support.xbox.com/.../clear-system-cache

- Delete your profile from the console, be sure to delete only the profile, to do so check this link:

support.xbox.com/.../profile-move-delete
  7. Mythic xSagex Win User

Disk Drive/Tray Problems on Xbox 360 Elite

Repairs range from 100$ to like 140$

New Xbox 360 slim models are

199$ for the 4GB Internal memory (no HDD) (You can buy an HDD for it though)

299$ for the 250GB HDD included

You would probably need a transfer cable which is like 20$

NOTE: The Slim HDD's are Completely different than the Xbox 360 "Arcade" "Pro" or "Elite"HDD's. They will not work with the slim Thus a "transfer Cable" is needed
  8. JMD2471 Win User

Memory transfer

My question is this. I have a Xbox 360 S already and I am thinking of purchasing a new one, but one in the Black Matte style with a 250GB HDD. My current console has a 250GB HDD already in it. Can I use the new transfer cable that is meant for the Slim
    Xbox 360 and transfer my content from one 250GB HDD to another 250GB HDD? The new Matte Xbox's with a 250 HDD in them already have them, so I don't need to have two hard drives. So basically in escense I am asking it I can transfer content from 250GB to
    a 250GB?
  9. z7 GE1ZA 7z Win User

60gb hdd into new slim 4gb model?

You cannot use the older generation HDD in the new S models although you can purchase ranging from 20gb models too 250gb models which are compatible with the new S models but are Generic.
Thema:

1. Can I use 250GB Slim HDD in new"sleek"model? - Similar Threads - 250GB Slim HDD

2. I can't get the 10 digit code for my Xbox 360 250GB Slim

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't get the 10 digit code for my Xbox 360 250GB Slim: Can someone reach out to me as I have been trying to connect my Xbox Live Account to my Xbox via the Xbox mobile app however i cannot get the 10 digit code for my Xbox 360 250GB Slim version....
  3. xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    xbox 360 slim 250GB wont play backward compatible xbox games (need for speed underground 2,...: when either are inserted it shows original xbox logo for a second then this message: [img] i bought this xbox second hand last year, and havent touched the hard drive so im assuming they...
  4. Problem with router password that has special characters. Xbox 360 (slim, 250gb, internal ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Problem with router password that has special characters. Xbox 360 (slim, 250gb, internal ...: Hey guys, my son is having a problem connecting to my WiFi router because (he says) that the xbox 360 will NOT recognize special charactersin a password. This seems to me to be a strange mistake...
  5. XBOX 360 Slim 250Gb - Will I be banned if I replace HD?

in XBoX on Consoles
    XBOX 360 Slim 250Gb - Will I be banned if I replace HD?: Hello! I need an official answer because I'm really confused, I googled, I read a lot and asked to every one... I've an XBOX 360 3 or 4 years old, it's perfect but I need to change the HD because...
  6. Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 250GB has a red dot and won't turn on: hi, So I accidentally spilled a drink on my xbox 360 slim. So at first the system fans shut off and the video stopped displaying. Then the power button turned red and stayed red. So I let the...
  7. Bought Xbox 360 Slim 250gb Second Hand, Has Family Settings On, With 4-digit Pass Code, ...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Bought Xbox 360 Slim 250gb Second Hand, Has Family Settings On, With 4-digit Pass Code, ...: Hey there, I don't really know where to post this kind of question to forums, as I've never posted here before. But basically I bought a xbox 360 slim 250gb console second-hand, and it has family...
  8. Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Matt Black Model Signal Problem PLEASE HELP!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 Slim 250GB Matt Black Model Signal Problem PLEASE HELP!!: Hey Everyone, Having a problem where my Xbox when I turn it on it dose not give signal through HDMI to my television. What I done, I was watching a DVD this morning so I turned on my Xbox it...
  9. Xbox 360 slim 250gb hard drive won't format

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 slim 250gb hard drive won't format: Hello, Recently the 250 gb hard drive for my slim console got the E68 error code and failed on me. I ordered a used microsoft 250gb hard drive (same as the original) and it arrived a couple days...
  10. 250gb slim hdd unformatted

in XBoX on Consoles
    250gb slim hdd unformatted: the hard was working when i first got it then one day i turned on my xbox and it said my hdd was unformatted and i tried formatting it alot of times but nothing happens....