Can I take a screenshot from a video capture? If not, why not?

Discus and support Can I take a screenshot from a video capture? If not, why not? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can I take a screenshot from a video capture? If not, why not? 890ae50d-1310-4e18-bbd9-e9d267e0a212 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Dyldor of Milwa, Sep 7, 2015.

1. Can I take a screenshot from a video capture? If not, why not?

:)

Dyldor of Milwa, Sep 7, 2015
  2. I cant take a screenshot or video

I've got UploadStudio, and I've tried turning the allow game captures on and off a couple times, and nothing. The option to take the screenshot or clip shows up, but nothing happens when I try it. I don't have a kinect either, so that is no help. I can't
    figure out why I am still unable to take game clips or screenshots. Anyone have any ideas?

Et3rnal Rhy1hm, Sep 7, 2015
  3. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    I cant take a screenshot or video

To take a screenshot you should be able to double tap the Guide button then press Y. For a clip you can always double tap the Guide button and open an app then choose Game DVR. If you select End Clip you can record up the the last 5 minutes of game play.

As for your current issue, have you tried power cycling the console by holding the power button on it for 10 seconds until it shuts down to see if that helps?

And I do see that you have a Gold membership and do play online.

onyxishere, Sep 7, 2015
  4. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest

You can still used extrenat captuer cards. But it will not save on upload servers.

Dakrkplayer2, Sep 7, 2015
  5. I mean the built in Game DVR feature. Like, when I say "Xbox, record that"/ double-tap Home button and press "X" I can't seem to find a way to take a screenshot from the video clip. It must be a thing. Why would it not be? I am aware of saying "Xbox, take
    a screenshot"/ double-tap Home button and press "X", it is just that the timing is too imprecise to catch certain things.

6. tohellnbak
    tohellnbak Guest
    Y is the screen shot command after double tap XB button

tohellnbak, Sep 7, 2015
  7. Gotcha, but I'm trying to extract a shot from a clip I recorded. Should be fine, as I have an 18 second clip recorded, and I just want to extract a fraction of one of those 18 seconds.

8. Can I take a screenshot from a video capture? If not, why not?

Screenshot command is disabled during playback of my clip...

I got my first digital camera back in 2005. That thing let me take screenshots from video I recorded, all through the camera itself, no PC required. I can not understand why my $500 Xbox from a decade later would not have such a simple feature. I mean, I
    have the image I want, It's a specific frame in a video I already captured. Why can I not isolate and extract it?

9. Dakrkplayer2
    Dakrkplayer2 Guest
    This might have go to xbox feedback site.

Dakrkplayer2, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Dakrkplayer2 Win User

This might have go to xbox feedback site.
  11. Dyldor of Milwa Win User

Gotcha, but I'm trying to extract a shot from a clip I recorded. Should be fine, as I have an 18 second clip recorded, and I just want to extract a fraction of one of those 18 seconds.
  12. tohellnbak Win User

Y is the screen shot command after double tap XB button
  13. Dyldor of Milwa Win User

Screenshot command is disabled during playback of my clip...

I got my first digital camera back in 2005. That thing let me take screenshots from video I recorded, all through the camera itself, no PC required. I can not understand why my $500 Xbox from a decade later would not have such a simple feature. I mean, I
    have the image I want, It's a specific frame in a video I already captured. Why can I not isolate and extract it?
  14. Dyldor of Milwa Win User

I mean the built in Game DVR feature. Like, when I say "Xbox, record that"/ double-tap Home button and press "X" I can't seem to find a way to take a screenshot from the video clip. It must be a thing. Why would it not be? I am aware of saying "Xbox, take
    a screenshot"/ double-tap Home button and press "X", it is just that the timing is too imprecise to catch certain things.
Thema:

1. Can I take a screenshot from a video capture? If not, why not? - Similar Threads - screenshot video capture

2. How to retrieve photo and video screenshots.

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to retrieve photo and video screenshots.: Split from this thread. Same issue here d31729f7-5aba-4b2b-83f6-6499bfe6cbe6
  3. How to retrieve photo and video screenshots.

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to retrieve photo and video screenshots.: Where do I retrieve photos and video screenshots taken from my X-Box One console, if you are no longer supporting the app that allows me to do this. All your new app seems to be able to do is try...
  4. With Xbox Console Companion Deprecated, How Do I Move Screenshots and Videos from XBOX to PC?

in XBoX on Windows
    With Xbox Console Companion Deprecated, How Do I Move Screenshots and Videos from XBOX to PC?: It used to be so simple. Take a screenshot on the xbox, open up the xbox console companion on the PC, select the image and download locally. The file list was often slow to load/update but the...
  5. Do you suspend accounts that post screenshots of images in video games sold by or through...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Do you suspend accounts that post screenshots of images in video games sold by or through...: Recently, my account was suspended because I posted an image from Assassin's Creed: Origin for violation of Community Standards. Microsoft sales the product, allows advertising for the product and...
  6. Screenshots and videos not uploading to xbox network

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Screenshots and videos not uploading to xbox network: screen shots and game clips, on series x. Not uploading to the xbox network and if you delete pic from your xbox they come back again 12647523-615f-4762-af81-ec14ac4e0ea8
  7. Screenshot button always takes a video regardless of setting. [series x/alpha skip]

in XboX Insiders
    Screenshot button always takes a video regardless of setting. [series x/alpha skip]: Haven’t seen anyone else talk about this since the latest update every time I use the controller screenshot button it defaults to recording a clip. I’ve tried toggling it back and forth between...
  8. XBOX COMMUNITY GAME CLUB SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO CONTEST WINNER

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    XBOX COMMUNITY GAME CLUB SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO CONTEST WINNER: Hi community, any news about the winner of "xbox community game club contest"? I also send an e-mail to *** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. *** (as you can see on the...
  9. THE XBOX COMMUNITY GAME CLUB SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO CLIP CONTEST RULES

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    THE XBOX COMMUNITY GAME CLUB SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO CLIP CONTEST RULES: Hello community, I have a question about the THE XBOX COMMUNITY GAME CLUB SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO CLIP CONTEST RULES. The rules tell we can use an in-game content, screen or video. But is it okay...
  10. THE XBOX COMMUNITY GAME CLUB SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO CLIP CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    THE XBOX COMMUNITY GAME CLUB SCREENSHOT AND VIDEO CLIP CONTEST OFFICIAL RULES: 1. SPONSORThese Official Rules (“Rules”) govern the operation of the Xbox Community Game Club Screenshot Contest (“Contest”). Microsoft Corporation, One Microsoft Way, Redmond, WA, 98052, USA, is...