Can I stop bot followers?

Discus and support Can I stop bot followers? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; My son was just threatened online in a game chat and was told he would be spammed with bot followers and his account be banned. Since then he has been... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Ste Hanneffy, Apr 23, 2023.

1. Ste Hanneffy
    Ste Hanneffy Guest

My son was just threatened online in a game chat and was told he would be spammed with bot followers and his account be banned.

Since then he has been spammed with 9000+ bot followers and is worried his account will be banned.

What can be done to address this and solve the issue, also is his account safe from being banned as this isn't his fault?

Also, why in 2023 is there STILL NO option on Xbox to stop people following your account?

:)

Ste Hanneffy, Apr 23, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help because of bots following your account.

Actually, I never heard of anyone being banned just because of gaining a lot of followers in Xbox and I do not think this is against any rules or policy.

You can also check your privacy settings from the account and change some settings their to hide your profile on other people that do not know you.

You can check and make some changes here:

https://account.xbox.com/settings
  3. Rostom L Win User

how to stop follower botting

Hi there!

I am sorry to hear about that. Please be informed that just like any other social media platforms, we cannot actually control who are going to follow us. It's the same on Xbox - we can only be friends if we follow or add them back.

You don't have to worry so long as you didn't do it yourself. The Xbox Enforcement team take each incident into consideration before making final judgement. Also, this happened to several players already and has been going on for years, I am certain that the Xbox Enforcement team is already aware of this situation.

If you knew or you suspected an individual who may have done that, please report his/her account to the Xbox Enforcement team for them to investigate the matter.
    - https://support.xbox.com/help/family-online-saf....

To prevent any account suspension, check the Xbox Community Standards to learn more.
    - https://www.xbox.com/legal/community-standards
  4. AngelObullets Win User

Microsoft, do you need a reason to stop allowing people to follow without permission?

The bot situation is a block and report action enforcement deals with these bots after investigating. The block button stops people from following you.
  5. G v zauBerBerg Win User

Account fake su xbox [Translation - Fake Account on Xbox]

I Sound like a bot. The only possibility you got is: Stop Following then Block and Report the account!
  6. yMsp6 Win User

I need know

someone stopped following you or Microsoft just unsubscribed inactive accounts or bots.
Thema:

1. Can I stop bot followers? - Similar Threads - stop bot followers

2. The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button

in XBoX on Windows
    The audio won't work on my Xbox and my controller won't stop pressing the fake A button: The audio does not play at all and my controller won't stop pressing A fakely. Is there a way to fix this? f85344fb-cd63-4abb-ac48-68a01636c631
  3. Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me

in XBoX on Consoles
    Does anyone know how to stop someone from game sharing off me: I had this friend for a while and he wanted a game and i had it and he told me to game share him so i did. Fast forward to now we are no longer friends and i dont want him to have access to me...
  4. The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...

in XBoX on Windows
    The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then...: The problem with downloading the update is that it stops at the same download rate and then restarts the update even though the internet is good. 803fc08c-7ca8-4441-8c0a-137814f5e893
  5. Help I’m being follow botted and it won’t stop

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Help I’m being follow botted and it won’t stop: I’m being follow noted after a game of r6 and it won’t stop. I put all the child safety locks on but it doesn’t stop people from following me. Will I get banned? 4f5ef47c-5f6f-4405-9336-27e1107670b6
  6. Im getting bot followers from someone else and it wont stop i dont want to get banned...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Im getting bot followers from someone else and it wont stop i dont want to get banned...: I was playing rainbow six siege and a person by the username [mod removed] got into an argument with me he then says "enjoy the ban ;)" and then blocks me and deletes the message. 10 seconds later...
  7. is there a way to stop bot accounts from adding me ? help i don’t wanna get banned

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    is there a way to stop bot accounts from adding me ? help i don’t wanna get banned: is there anyway to private your profile? i’m getting added by a bunch of bot accounts and i’m at about 50k and i’m scared i’m gonna get banned or something is there anyway to removed them without...
  8. Is there anyway to stop Xbox friend request botting

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Is there anyway to stop Xbox friend request botting: Yesterday I got friend botted but it was like 2000 of them now I have to block them one by one is it possible that you guys can block them for me 9be2d9b2-7755-463f-a4f7-cf918f64cab1
  9. Someone has targeted my gamertag with 2000+ bot accounts and I can't stop the notifications...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Someone has targeted my gamertag with 2000+ bot accounts and I can't stop the notifications...: Someone has targeted my gamertag with bot profiles. I have been receiving friend requests from bot profiles for over an hour, and I checked that my follower list is 1000+ when it used to be a few...
  10. Someone made bot accounts constantly add me and it won't stop

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Someone made bot accounts constantly add me and it won't stop: Does anyone know what to do c76516bb-36c1-4b61-8ace-955203aabae8