Can I still publish games on the XBOX 360

Discus and support Can I still publish games on the XBOX 360 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I was wondering if it was still possible to publish games to the XBOX 360. I know the last title for the XBOX 360 came out in 2019, but I never saw any... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Toby_Davis, Sep 18, 2022.

1. Toby_Davis
    Toby_Davis Guest

I was wondering if it was still possible to publish games to the XBOX 360. I know the last title for the XBOX 360 came out in 2019, but I never saw any announcements discontinuing publishing for the XBOX 360. If it's still possible to publish to the XBOX 360, how would I go about doing that?

:)

Toby_Davis, Sep 18, 2022
  2. SwordofWhedon Win User

No one here has the answer to that, you'd have to join ID@Xbox and ask your rep

But my strong strong suspicion is no

You could still release your game on Xbox One and Series consoles
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

So... Will We Ever Actually Own The "Xbox One" Games With Gold Or Will We Always...

That would be between the publishers and Microsoft and game publishers. I don't work for MS or have any inside knowledge, but Microsoft must have to make deals with publishers to release either their Xbox 360 titles or Xbox One titles as part of Games With
    Gold.

Publishers must still make money here, even on the Xbox 360 titles we get to keep. We may get 360 games for free, but publisher still gets paid.
  4. WPAK Win User

360 store and marketplace shutdown info

5. Gavvie Win User

Lst of games that can't be made backwards compatible

Seeing as backwards compatibility for Xbox 360 games is down to each individual publisher, were Microsoft to issue such a list it would only be for their first party games. A full, comprehensive list would require every publisher to do this and that could
    possibly be too time consuming.

At this point in time Xbox One BC is still in its infancy, so I would imagine most of the 360s biggest games will end up being compatible. If there's any in particular you wanted to request, then I'm sure you can still do this via Xbox Feedback :)
  6. Nathan Roberts (Sunk Win User

is xbox live ending for 360

Thanks Cloud, when I manage to get through Coursework and Exams I will accept it =D

Also, SilverCube, I agree. I think, with what's happened with XP, the developers will eventually publish new games out on Just the Xbox One. If and when they see that they are going to loose money publishing games on the Xbox 360 as well. However, as it
    stands. People are still with the 360 because of the lack of games and apps available on Xbox One. As well as the fact that their friends may not have moved over yet.

So, at the moment, developers would publish games and apps on both, the 360 and One as they will not be wasting money on either

And +1 Silvercube =D
Thema:

1. Can I still publish games on the XBOX 360 - Similar Threads - still publish games

2. If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...

in XBoX on Consoles
    If I buy a digital apex legends coins gift card that says it is for xbox one would I still...: I would like to buy a digital apex legends gift card however it says that this card is only for xbox one and there is not a option for xbox x/s and I only have a xbox series s. I am wondering that...
  3. I did noithing wrong and still got baned

in XBoX on Windows
    I did noithing wrong and still got baned: I would please like someone to unban me for i did nothing wrong 684d8522-6ef9-423a-8802-f5bd9e49c41a
  4. Declined my order and still took my money!!

in XBoX on Windows
    Declined my order and still took my money!!: Hii. I bought Minecraft Java and Bedrock edition for ₹999.50 and i bought it on the minecraft site. I used paysafe payment method. I bought it my balance on paysafe goes down and then i try to...
  5. What are Official Xbox Magazine Points? Are they still a thing?

in XBoX on Windows
    What are Official Xbox Magazine Points? Are they still a thing?: I recently found out that some of my favourite games have Xbox 360 gamerpics that could be obtained through these magazines. The one I've found is #83 from May 2008 with Portal gamerpics. The...
  6. It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!

in XBoX on Windows
    It's 2024! WHY are you still deleting personal video clips off the series x with no warning?!: Honestly this is just an atrocious nasty practice! We BUY the Xbox, we OWN the Xbox! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PURCHASED XBOX! MICROSOFT DOES NOT OWN THE PERSONAL VIDEO CLIPS! IT'S LIKE...
  7. Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite 2 Controller vibration noise, still after lots of service repairs. No Support options.: Hi. I purchased a custom design Elite 2 controller in December but the virbation motors make a loud whine noise - a high pitched ringing (the same as reported elsewhere on this forum where it was...
  8. Suspension over but i’m still suspended?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Suspension over but i’m still suspended?: I got suspended for trying to make my PFP something that went against the rules and i got a 2 day ban for it. I already tried contacting support through the enforcement page but i cant change my...
  9. My son's Xbox controller is leaking blue liquid but still works. Is this dangerous? What...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My son's Xbox controller is leaking blue liquid but still works. Is this dangerous? What...: My son's Xbox controller (X series) is leaking blue liquid but still works. Is this dangerous? What is it? f5ea27f1-85b5-41db-b3bb-00ce60ab8077
  10. Does the IGN App for Xbox One still work or not?

in XBoX on Windows
    Does the IGN App for Xbox One still work or not?: A long time ago, when I launched IGN for Xbox, I got an error saying that the requested content is not available. Does anyone know what is going on? 38bef87a-15fc-4fd3-8490-bacd4d4128c2