Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core

Discus and support Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I been wanting to pay less for game pass but I’m wondering if I can still play online if the person that’s game sharing me has game pass core because... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by DolphinDj13, Jan 1, 2024.

1. DolphinDj13
    DolphinDj13 Guest

Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core

I been wanting to pay less for game pass but I’m wondering if I can still play online if the person that’s game sharing me has game pass core because it says (online console multiplayer) like does that mean only that console gets to play online or what?

:)

DolphinDj13, Jan 1, 2024
  2. StuartATrueRed Win User

Game sharing outside your household is against the terms of use, and can get you suspended or banned for doing it.
  3. Smwutches Win User

Xbox asking my friend for a payment plan to access multiplayer

Game Pass Core or Game Pass Ultimate (which includes Core) is required to play online in most games. If you've never had a subscription yourself, it's likely someone else has used your console and set it as their Home console so you would be able to play online using their subscription.
  4. Smwutches Win User

What can I do?

If he has Game Pass Core, that would be the same thing (Gold was discontinued a few months ago and Core has replaced it).

If he has standard Game Pass for console, he can still use the card. It will give him the ability to play online.

If he has Game Pass Ultimate, he can redeem the code and it will be converted to 4 months of Ultimate.
  5. Smwutches Win User

I thought that you guys got rid of Xbox live now it says I need a subscription for every game I own to play online I was able to play online 2 days ago.

Gold was discontinued and replaced with Game Pass Core. You still need Game Pass Core or Game Pass Ultimate (which includes Core) to be able to play online.
  6. Gerardo CG Win User

Three XBOX consoles, sharing GamePass - trying to play a 3-player game

Hello again plmreldritch,

Yes, the only option in this case is to purchase the game from Console 3 with your son's account and at least a Game Pass Core subscription so he can play online. If that account is only intended for playing purchased games online and not the Game Pass catalog, then it's better to just buy Game Pass Core since it's cheaper.

If the games you want to play are part of the Game Pass catalog, keep in mind that Game Pass Core has a more limited game catalog, as you can see in the following link by selecting "Game Pass Core" in the filters:

https://www.xbox.com/xbox-game-pass/games

If the games you want to play are not in that catalog, then the most feasible option is to buy Game Pass Ultimate, which includes the complete Game Pass game catalog and also includes Game Pass Core, allowing you to play online.

And answering your last question, yes, you can share your account subscription with your daughter on Console 2, while your son on Console 3 has his own subscription.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
Thema:

1. Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core - Similar Threads - still play online

2. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  3. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  4. Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo: As of last year I still get a black screen then trying to use remote play from the XBOX app on the Surface Duo, causing me to force quit the app. Can this be fixed? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link]...
  5. can i still use xbox live to play gta online?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    can i still use xbox live to play gta online?: someone got me a 12 month live subscription card and i’m just trying to find out if i can even use it for gta online or if i have to get one of the game passes to be able to play it....
  6. Can I still play online or not while ur communication banned just wondering?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can I still play online or not while ur communication banned just wondering?: Just wondering if I can play online at all 5c3024d7-2109-4f19-ae9e-3c1e8129389e
  7. I just bought Xbox game pass for gts online and it still won’t let me play online it’s only...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I just bought Xbox game pass for gts online and it still won’t let me play online it’s only...: Just bought Xbox game pass for gta online but it won’t let me play online it’s only taking me to story mode f8b69245-cf0b-4876-9c54-0dab77baaf3f
  8. my Xbox ultimate needed to be renewed, so I renewed it. it still won't let me play online...

in XBoX on Consoles
    my Xbox ultimate needed to be renewed, so I renewed it. it still won't let me play online...: Xbox ultimate not letting me play online 56fc6e64-b842-4deb-a94e-115cf6c2fd21
  9. i bought xbox live but i can’t play any games online with it still how can i fix that?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i bought xbox live but i can’t play any games online with it still how can i fix that?: a couple days ago i bought an xbox live subscription but when i went to play a game online it brought up the subscription page but the only option was ultimate now after a couple days to see if it...
  10. if i buy gta online for xbox series x/s, can i still play it on xbox one

in XboX Insiders
    if i buy gta online for xbox series x/s, can i still play it on xbox one: i was looking into buying gta online, and have an xbox one, but i can only find the x/s version on the microsoft store. submitted by /u/Accomplished-Emu-586 [link] [comments]