Can I still play Hogwarts Legacy on the series x?

Discus and support Can I still play Hogwarts Legacy on the series x? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I purchased Hogwarts legacy for the Xbox one s(xbox one version). But my Xbox one s started smoking so looks like I’m going to have to buy a new... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by ScottishBeef69, May 20, 2023.

1. Can I still play Hogwarts Legacy on the series x?

I purchased Hogwarts legacy for the Xbox one s(xbox one version). But my Xbox one s started smoking so looks like I’m going to have to buy a new console. Will I still be able to play Hogwarts legacy on the series x or do I have to re-buy the game for the new console?

:)

ScottishBeef69, May 20, 2023
  2. Jose Martinez_22 Win User

Unable to purchase Hogwarts Legacy for Xbox series S

Hello BradB_82. My name is Jose.

Hogwarts Legacy cannot be purchased for Xbox Series S. The game is only available for Xbox Series X and Xbox One.

According to a press release from Avalanche Software, the game's developer, Hogwarts Legacy could not be released for Xbox Series S due to performance limitations. The Xbox Series S has a weaker GPU than the Xbox Series X, which could have caused performance issues with a game as ambitious as Hogwarts Legacy.

The Xbox Series S has a weaker GPU than the Xbox Series X. This could have caused performance issues with a game as ambitious as Hogwarts Legacy.

Here are some reasons why Hogwarts Legacy cannot be purchased for Xbox Series S:

Hogwarts Legacy is an open world game with a huge world to explore. This requires a powerful GPU to generate high-quality graphics.

Hogwarts Legacy has a complex combat system that requires a powerful GPU to run smoothly.

Hogwarts Legacy may be released for Xbox Series S in the future, but for now, it's only available for Xbox Series X and Xbox One.

I hope this information has been useful to you and that your doubts have been clarified.
  3. Darhyl Mayte Amizola Win User

Hit wrong download button for game got non compatable version

Hey Cheryl!

Nice to meet you! I'm Darhyl, a fellow gamer. I'm sorry you are experiencing this. I am here to help.

I just want to clarify, did you purchase the game Hogwarts Legacy for Xbox One Version or the Xbox Series X|S Version?

To answer your inquiry, the Xbox Series X|S version of Hogwarts Legacy is only playable on Xbox Series X|S.

However, if you have purchased the Hogwarts Legacy: Digital Deluxe Edition, you will be able to play the game on both the Xbox series X/S or Xbox One console.

Reference link: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Thank you so much for your time! I hope you have a great day!
  4. Smwutches Win User

If you buy the xbox series x version now in april will you be able to play it on xbox one as I dont want to buy two versions

I'm assuming you're referring to Hogwarts Legacy? The Series S/X version will only work on a Series S/X. You would need the One version.
  5. Nursemorph Win User

Refund Hogwarts Legacy Xbox

The Hogwarts Legacy Deluxe Edition (at least the digital version) contains both the Xbox Series X/S version and the Xbox One version.

This is the page that the Official Website links to for Xbox:

https://www.xbox.com/en-GB/games/store/hogwarts-legacy-digital-deluxe-edition/

And, it states:

"Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S Digital Versions"

Bear in mind that the Xbox One version of the game doesn't release until April 4th so it will show as only available for Series S/X until that time
  6. John P_14 Win User

I have a xbox 1x will the the x s copy of hogwarts legacy work on it

Hi and thanks for reaching out. I hope you’re doing well. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you and I'll be happy to help you.

Sadly, Hogwarts Legacy Xbox Series X|S Version will only work on Xbox Series XIS. You may confirm it on the Store page at https://www.xbox.com/games/store/hogwarts-legac....
Thema:

Can I still play Hogwarts Legacy on the series x?

1. Can I still play Hogwarts Legacy on the series x? - Similar Threads - still play Hogwarts

2. I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play...: I have an ssd Seagate Xbox 2TB Portable Gaming Hard Drive but it still doesn’t let me play games from my hardrive!? All I have read is that you can’t play x/a games on hdd but this one says it is...
  3. Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?

in XBoX on Windows
    Play spotify music only on monitor and not through headset while still being able to hear game?: Is there a way to play game audio through headset but spotify playing only on monitor? d368a210-979a-44bc-90ee-70363e601680
  4. Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo

in XboX Insiders
    Remote Play still isn't working on Surface Duo: As of last year I still get a black screen then trying to use remote play from the XBOX app on the Surface Duo, causing me to force quit the app. Can this be fixed? submitted by /u/ONI5 [link]...
  5. Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I still end up playing with a blocked player if a party leader invites the person I blocked: If I block a player and I’m in a friends party, can the player I blocked still join our party if my friend didn’t block the same Player? In other words can I still end up playing with a blocked...
  6. I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games: I have Xbox game pass, but it says I need game pass still to play multiplayer games what do I do in this situation? b947258f-e5fa-4992-bbf9-bff1ea0862b7
  7. Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Im still having this problem cant play a game of cod any fixes yet?: series x keeps crashing on numerous br cant even play c.o.d d23f1d63-d163-4e5e-a7a1-e82fe542be82
  8. Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying...: Why I cannot play coop multiplayer in dying light Xbox live is shutdown its still saying you cannot play Xbox multiplayer you need Xbox live gold is required. Can someone answer my question?...
  9. Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core

in XBoX on Windows
    Can I still play online if I’m being game shared by someone who has game pass core: I been wanting to pay less for game pass but I’m wondering if I can still play online if the person that’s game sharing me has game pass core because it says (online console multiplayer) like does...
  10. Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to migrate a 360 gamer tag to my new Microsoft account and still play my...: Hi guys, I have an old 360 account which is connected to my parents old email which he no longer has access too. On this account I have a number of purchased games I would like to access. I still...