Can I sign into a browser Microsoft sign-in with an account other than the profile account?

Discus and support Can I sign into a browser Microsoft sign-in with an account other than the profile account? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have a preexisting Minecraft account linked to my grandfather's Microsoft account (I migrated when I didn't have my own account since I was too young... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by JBAskingStuff, Oct 22, 2023.

1. Can I sign into a browser Microsoft sign-in with an account other than the profile account?

I have a preexisting Minecraft account linked to my grandfather's Microsoft account (I migrated when I didn't have my own account since I was too young to have one). Now I am trying to install Minecraft on a computer with my new account as the profile. However, the Minecraft website's login is using my profile email and not giving me an option use the Minecraft account email. I'm wondering if one of these options is possible:

1. Using the preexisting account email
    2. Changing the Minecraft account's linked Microsoft account to my new account
    I attempted to add an image here but it would not upload.

:)

JBAskingStuff, Oct 22, 2023
  2. Stephanie Dequito Win User

Can I sign into a browser Microsoft sign-in with an account other than the profile account?

Hi there! I'm more than happy to help you out!

I'm glad that you're able to resolve this issue. This will help a lot of gamers who have similar case in this community.

Kind regards,
    Stephanie
  3. JBAskingStuff Win User

I have resolved this issue myself. I had to install the launcher through the Store and login there.
  4. Lucas Lauer Win User

so today i tried playing forza horizon 4 and it logged me in to one of my random accounts that i just have.

On the computer, the game uses the Xbox profile that is signed into the Xbox app, but it can cause issues if the account that is signed into the Microsoft store is different than the one signed into the Xbox app.

So, please check if your Microsoft store account and the Xbox app account are the same and they are your main account. If possible, sign out of both apps, then sign in again.
  5. MikeCarney Win User

Profile Protection Issues

Thanks for the idea, but weirdly, I can still sign in. This is what was sent to me in an email 'The issue stems from a suspension on your Microsoft Account.' But I can still sign into my Microsoft account, so where's the suspension come from, obviously other
    than than the not being able to sign into my Xbox Account after giving the Windows Live Password.
  6. Lucas Lauer Win User

Microsoft Points Transfer

Hello, EvanVL. Thanks for reaching out! My name is Lucas. I'm an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user just like you. I'll be happy to assist you today.

If the Microsoft account that is signed in your browser is different than the Microsoft account where your Xbox profile is at, then unfortunately no. Nothing can be transferred between accounts.

If they are the same account, you can use these reward points to get yourself Xbox gift cards, games or other offers for Xbox without any issue.

Feel free to ask back any questions.
Thema:

1. Can I sign into a browser Microsoft sign-in with an account other than the profile account? - Similar Threads - sign browser Microsoft

2. why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in

in XBoX on Windows
    why does my account keeps sign out on its own when i try to log in: Why does everytime i try to log onto my xbox account on xbox.com and i put my password it says hang on a moment while we sign in and it wont let me sign in please im desperate i talked to support...
  3. "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    "We can't sign you in because your account has been suspended from Xbox Live." Can anyone...: Hello I recently encountered this issue, whenever I try to sign into xbox or minecraft launcher it will bring up xbox live login and when i sign in with any account it will say "We can't sign you...
  4. as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out

in XBoX on Windows
    as soon as i sign into my xbox and i go to settings it signs me out: I just installed among us and it says I need to change my privacy & online safety settings but when i go to settings it signs me out of my account 74de54d4-330a-4420-b250-01a6d044ba36
  5. Can’t sign in to game pass on pc

in XboX Insiders
    Can’t sign in to game pass on pc: I just downloaded the game pass app and when I try to sign in it says “Sorry something went wrong. Try again in a while (0x89235107)” before I even get the chance to put my information in. I wait...
  6. ERROR message: you signed out of your account It's a good idea to close all browser windows.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    ERROR message: you signed out of your account It's a good idea to close all browser windows.: When I try to login to minecraft feedback it says: you signed out of your account It's a good idea to close all browser windows. I looked at another Question like this the answer was that you...
  7. Can’t sign in to Epic Games account to play Fortnite on browser

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can’t sign in to Epic Games account to play Fortnite on browser: Hi, I’m having a problem with Xbox Cloud Gaming. I want to play Fortnite on my browser, but I can’t sign in to my Epic Games account. I have tried clearing my cache, resetting my password, and...
  8. Can't sign into Microsoft account in any applications outside of browsers (error 0x800704cf)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can't sign into Microsoft account in any applications outside of browsers (error 0x800704cf): I can't sign into Microsoft account in any applications outside of browsers (error 0x800704cf). For example, signing into an XBox or Windows app (such as the Minecraft launcher or the windows...
  9. Unable to sign into Xbox live error! but you started your game from the Xbox live browser...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unable to sign into Xbox live error! but you started your game from the Xbox live browser...: notes for the process I sync my app/profile, with windows sync. I troubleshoot in start, settings, troubleshoot, no problems. I really don't know why but I just turned on one drive and boom after...
  10. Sign-in activity on unknown device/browser, with no account alias given

in XBoX Accessibility
    Sign-in activity on unknown device/browser, with no account alias given: Hello! Yesterday I switched on my Xbox One and was asked for my Microsoft password in order to access my profile, which normally wouldn't happen. I checked my account online and discovered...