Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi...

Discus and support Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi at home and need alternative to beefing up said wifi). Once... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Steve T24, Jul 13, 2023.

1. Steve T24
    Steve T24 Guest

Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi...

Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi at home and need alternative to beefing up said wifi). Once games downloaded I won't be connecting to web.

:)

Steve T24, Jul 13, 2023
  2. OpticRJames Win User

Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi at home and need alternative to beefing up said wifi).

You're welcome. I appreciate your time contacting us about the issue. Please let me know if you have any other concerns.
  3. Steve T24 Win User

Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi at home and need alternative to beefing up said wifi).

Thank you so much Ron. I'm ok with downloading and installing onto the console as I want to access some of the free games. I plan on connecting minimally via wifi, have the laptop connected through ethernet to the router for a benefit of speed. Huge Boarderlands fan so looking forward to getting 3 & 4 on disc and playing them along with some free games.

Steve
  4. OpticRJames Win User

Hi, Steve. My name is Ron, I'm an independent advisor. I will be more than happy to help you.

I'm sorry, you can definitely install games from the Xbox app or Microsoft Store app using a computer, however, it will still download on your queue section on the console itself. Basically, it will just initiate the installation and the console will be the device where it starts downloading the games.
  5. KyIronHorseman Win User

anyone having issues with the series or one s connecting by ethernet only an not wfi?

yes i have done all the above..if i have it connected via ethernet it is fne but when i go to use the wifi it wont work,,says console is connected but when i try to access my games says a connection error,,, does it on my series s and my xbox one s .. and a friends series x is doing it
  6. K ♡ Win User

disconnect

Xbox series s 1tb

Via wireless wifi

The connection drops while playing online in FIFA and all games, which is annoying
Thema:

1. Can I set up and download free games via my computer with XBOX Series S?(have crappy wifi... - Similar Threads - set download free

2. My MSFS2020 is downloaded to a hard drive, and a new update was set to download to the...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My MSFS2020 is downloaded to a hard drive, and a new update was set to download to the...: The previous update downloaded fine when it was on the hard drive so could the drive also be out of space? 1025db80-ee6b-4800-b57d-0f00ec8c43d5
  3. Can't find any settings that are restricting me from downloading mods on fs22.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't find any settings that are restricting me from downloading mods on fs22.: I've looked at a bunch of settings and I can't find anything that is helping. My issue is, when i try to go onto modhub in fs22 it says "you can't play with content created by other players...
  4. Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the Xbox App Download Limit Tied to the Windows Update Bandwidth Settings?: This is a very tedious issue I have with the Xbox app. Why is the download limit tied to the Windows update bandwidth? The app should have its own download limits. This was an issue I spent ages...
  5. What setting do I need to change so my son can download gifts from the Forza horizon 5...

in XBoX Accessibility
    What setting do I need to change so my son can download gifts from the Forza horizon 5...: My son can't access the auction house or the gifts from the message center. 3d3f2870-d946-4cdc-9e14-f4de4bd095c3
  6. How to set a bandwidth limit to download games on the Xbox App for Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to set a bandwidth limit to download games on the Xbox App for Windows 11: I just bought the Xbox Game Pass Ultimate and I want to install some games. The problem is that when I start downloading them the Xbox app uses all the bandwidth and I can't do anything else on...
  7. Jigsaw problem - can't download the set I bought- and worse

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Jigsaw problem - can't download the set I bought- and worse: This may, though I think should not, be slightly complicated by my currently using both a new Windows 11 laptop and my older Windows 10 laptop. I purchased a new set of Jigsaw puzzlles, the...
  8. cant download game on my pc i have only one c drive , shows this location isnt set up for...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant download game on my pc i have only one c drive , shows this location isnt set up for...: can't download game on my pc i have only one c drive, shows this location isn't set up for installing games, in widows everthing is set to download on c drive 0817f408-def2-4971-9b79-bdb83522ccf0
  9. Xbox Series X/S keeps asking if I want to download game on internal drive, while I set...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X/S keeps asking if I want to download game on internal drive, while I set...: Hi, Xbox Series X/S keeps asking if I want to download game on internal drive after each game. I know it's asking because I'm downloading X|S optimized games, but... why ask me this every time,...
  10. Why I need to set up payment option to download free games with gold?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why I need to set up payment option to download free games with gold?: Hello, Why I need to set up payment option to download free monthly Games with Gold via XBOX Live website? On XBOX 360 you can download these games without payment option. Thanks....