Can i revert back to my old gamertag?

Discus and support Can i revert back to my old gamertag? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I recently changed my gamertag as there was a notification saying i can now pick any gamertag irrespective it being owned by someone else. While... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by RaahulGR, Oct 11, 2020.

1. RaahulGR
    RaahulGR Guest

I recently changed my gamertag as there was a notification saying i can now pick any gamertag irrespective it being owned by someone else. While changing to new gamertag it showed how the numbers would be separated by a hastag and how the numbers would
    be deemphasized. However that was a not the case. I now ended up with a ugly user name that has a bunch of random numbers at the end and all games displays the entire name without deemphasizing the numbers and its tough to get familiar with it. I wanted to
    change back to my old gamertag but its asking me to shell out 10dollars for it. Is there a way to get rid of this ugly bunch of characters without paying so much?

:)

RaahulGR, Oct 11, 2020
  2. RaahulGR Win User

Its supposed to have a #+4 numbers right? I chose a gamertag "Lzypnda" and the numbers the xbox added was 2396. Now instead of having the GT Lzypnda#2396 (with the numbers deemphasized). But my name is Lzypnda2396. Just that. That's not how its supposed
    to be is it?
  3. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello RaahulGR,

Thanks for reaching out to the forums. We see you have a question on your GamerTag. Unfortunately, under the new system the #+4 numbers are added if the gamertag is being used. Here is the page for the

gamertag FAQ
    . You would have to pay the 10$ for another gamertag as you used your free one.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. TheDarkCoder Win User

Wanted my Xbox gamertag shortened, now its only longer.

So is there no way to revert the change I made, and go back to my old gamertag (4)?
  5. OreoE Win User

Revert Gametag

So I Changed My GamerTag Because I Didn't Like The Previous One.. So When Changed It It Got Number After The Name Which I Don't Like.. Is There Anyway To Revert Back To The Old GT Without Paying?? Please Help!
    Unfortunately you cannot revert to an old gamertag without purchasing ... once you change your gamertag it becomes available to any and everyone in the xbox community.
  6. Andrew Edmans Win User

Gamertag change not updating on android app

Thanks. I tried that. And again when I reinstall the app after clearing cache the gamertag shows the new tag for a few seconds then reverts back to my old tag?
Thema:

1. Can i revert back to my old gamertag? - Similar Threads - revert old gamertag

2. How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do i revert to the old version of Minesweeper?: I downloaded the new version, but i hate it. I want to revert it back. How do i do it? And no, i don't wanna hear "OoH iTs SoO gOoD" . I wanna revert to the windows 8 version with the adventure...
  3. My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use

in XBoX Accessibility
    My gamer tag has reverted back to a very old account that I don’t use: My Xbox account has reverted back to a very old gamer tag and can not get any one from Xbox or sort it out. Never buying another Xbox terrible support 95d20364-8e99-4d5b-a299-55587a0f3b31
  4. How do I revert back to my old homescreen?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How do I revert back to my old homescreen?: How do I get my Xbox back? Ever since this new update I can't launch any of my games. I sit and watch for 5 mins and my Xbox does nothing. Nothing will launch or load. I have tried multiple times...
  5. (minecraft) How to revert back to old gamertag?

in XBoX Accessibility
    (minecraft) How to revert back to old gamertag?: Hello dear gamers, As a result of account recovery I had to perform after an identity theft attack hit me, in one of the dialogs I've picked a new XBox gamertag. It turned out that all Minecraft...
  6. How to revert my old Gamertag after changing it?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How to revert my old Gamertag after changing it?: HI I just need help how to revert my Gamertag after I changed it but I couldn't revert it back because "This Gamertagisn't allowed. Try a different one." my name is not a bad language or anything...
  7. New Community App / Feed is terrible! Anyway to revert to old wall scrollable one?

in XboX Insiders
    New Community App / Feed is terrible! Anyway to revert to old wall scrollable one?: Like many others i have the new Community app with the row scrolling to the right. Its absolutely terrible and laggy! I dont want multiple rows to have to scroll through. Also why is the friends...
  8. xbox "marketplace" games and 360 purchase revert to old german address etc

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox "marketplace" games and 360 purchase revert to old german address etc: I have an xbox 1. I bought it in china. After I moved from Germany, where I had purchased a windows phone (long ago dead). Now I live in the US. My microsoft account is set up for US purchases....
  9. How do I revert back to the old dashboard?

in XboX Insiders
    How do I revert back to the old dashboard?: How do I revert back to the old dashboard? I can’t stand this one. submitted by /u/BlackHulk_00 [link] [comments]
  10. How to revert back to an Old Save (If Possible)

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to revert back to an Old Save (If Possible): is there any way to do this? My little brother made some un wanted changes in a game and now he's trying to go back and do it over again without having to start all the way over. Is there a way...