Can I report someone for taking my previous username and may be trying to be me?

Discus and support Can I report someone for taking my previous username and may be trying to be me? in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I changed my username on my main account yesterday. I was going to make a new account with that username so no one try’s to impersonate me because I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by 18b53246-c101-4fbb-9fa5-f, Sep 28, 2023.

1. Can I report someone for taking my previous username and may be trying to be me?

I changed my username on my main account yesterday. I was going to make a new account with that username so no one try’s to impersonate me because I play hive on Minecraft and the hive community is messed up sometimes so I know people would do that. I go to make a new account with that username and someone already took it a hour or less after I changed my username and my new username is pretty similar to that username my new username is Smqlxkiw1 my old username was Smolxkiwi I’ve had that username for 4 years I created it and no one else has had the desire to use it so that is weird someone would take it. I tried messaging the person and asking them who they are no response so has two of my friends, I don’t want this issue to escalate into them impersonating me, they literally made a new account just to use my username they haven’t played any games or anything. I don’t know if it’s someone I know messing with me but it’s messed up and it’s making me mad and pretty upset. I just want my username back and I don’t want the problem to escalate to me being impersonated I don’t know if this is enough to help me get my username back but I’m trying everything I can and this came to my mind, so my question is can I somehow report them on Xbox or like do anything?

:)

18b53246-c101-4fbb-9fa5-f, Sep 28, 2023
  2. Tezzarrific Win User

Can I report someone for taking my previous username and may be trying to be me?

No, because when you change name your old name becomes available for anyone to use. there is no law stopping anyone using your old name.

It tells you that your old name will be freed up for use when you change your name.
  3. Annanda Martins Win User

Hello ZSmqlx! I'm Annanda and I'd be happy to help you with your question.

Like it was mentioned before, there is nothing to stop someone from using the same name after you change it, okay? Maybe the person had the same name and tried to use it, or saw the nick, liked it and tried to use it, and since you changed it and it was free for them to use, they decided to just go for it. So unfortunately there is nothing we can do about it. You can just try to change it sometime and see if it is free again.

I hope I was able to answer your questions! Please, if you have any other doubts, we are here to help.

Give back to the Community. Help the next person who has this issue by indicating if this reply solved your problem. Click Yes or No below

Best Regards, Annanda.
  4. 18b53246-c101-4fbb-9 Win User

Alright I’ll figure something else out I know that it’s free for anyone to use now but I just don’t know why someone would make a account for the purpose of getting my username and I don’t know what they want from me because I know it has to be someone who has something against me but thank you for your help I appreciate it
  5. Mat attack Win User

Accidentally Reported A Friend

I was in a party and i was trying to report someone but accidentally reported my friend and his is communication banned can you please unban him? His username is [mod removed]
  6. Берданка Win User

Unable to change gamertag in Ukraine for fee!

Well, seems more likely I have to contact a moderator to get my previous username back (I do know that this may not be done by a single person, but I would give it a try).
Thema:

1. Can I report someone for taking my previous username and may be trying to be me? - Similar Threads - report someone taking

2. Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can I report someone for reporting me without reason and getting my comms taken away?: A friend on Xbox keeps reporting my account that ends up getting comms banned then his reasoning is that I "just deserve it" he keeps saying I'm for the streets, and many worse things but I know...
  3. How do you report someone for cheating in a game when that option is not available in XBOX...

in XBoX on Windows
    How do you report someone for cheating in a game when that option is not available in XBOX...: I constantly run in to cheaters playing Forza Horizon 5 especially playing in the Eliminator. I don't always have my games recording or take a screenshot and this happens often enough it's a waste...
  4. How do i go about reporting someone through Xbox live/Microsoft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    How do i go about reporting someone through Xbox live/Microsoft: How do i go about reporting someone through xbox live when ever i report someone for randomly harassing me for no reason and being purely unsportsmanlike, all because they lost. bringing loved...
  5. What if I want to report someone but it's in party chat text

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    What if I want to report someone but it's in party chat text: party chat text gets deleted after the party chat ends I have pictures I just don't know were to report were I can send in pictures 34d53235-c632-4dd8-a148-4486a2560ddd
  6. So my account got suspended for someone reporting what I said which was, " can I get head...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So my account got suspended for someone reporting what I said which was, " can I get head...: I mean what the freak what's wrong about and as fare as I can tell it won't let me appeal it at least I can't find it. I did nothing wrong xbox come on. Someone explain please?...
  7. How do I get unbanned I got permanently banned for someone spam reporting me and they...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I get unbanned I got permanently banned for someone spam reporting me and they...: I got permanently banned for something I didn’t do this just isn’t fair and I deserve justice I had 4 cases on this account and nothing all denied I don’t have 1 clue why I got banned for 2 weeks...
  8. How do I report someone that knows how to get around the report feature?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I report someone that knows how to get around the report feature?: He told me to ****, which goes against the community standards. However, I cannot report him because he sent "Just KYS" as separate messages, therefore when I try to report one message, I'm...
  9. Need help with reporting someone

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with reporting someone: Anyone know where I can report this as Xbox report system isn’t doing anything. He called me 2 slurs (with the xx before) and threatened to get my account banned. I think I have linked the...
  10. How come I can’t show photographic proof of someone harassing me on Xbox so I can report them

in XBoX Accessibility
    How come I can’t show photographic proof of someone harassing me on Xbox so I can report them: I got suspended for exposing a guy for being homophobic and being weird to a minor (me). I called him homophobic and now I get suspended? He made many homophobic marks towards the lgbtq+ community...