Can i remove Xbox one HDD and connect directly to a new Xbox one X to transfer data and saves?

Discus and support Can i remove Xbox one HDD and connect directly to a new Xbox one X to transfer data and saves? in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I lost a bunch of stuff after a recent lightning strike near my house, including my Xbox one. I have tried a replacement power brick and all the other... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by DJRice, Jul 22, 2019.

1. DJRice
    DJRice Guest

Can i remove Xbox one HDD and connect directly to a new Xbox one X to transfer data and saves?

I lost a bunch of stuff after a recent lightning strike near my house, including my Xbox one. I have tried a replacement power brick and all the other tricks I could find online but the Xbox appears to be dead. I purchased a new Xbox one X on Prime day.
    Can I dismantle my dead xbox one and connect its hard drive directly to my new console with a USB/SATA adaptor and attempt to at least recover my data that way? I've found no mention of doing anything like this online...Thanks.

:)

DJRice, Jul 22, 2019
  2. Ch1ps Win User

There is a Network Transfer you can do without having to move things at all. As long as you've got Cloud Saves, everything should get moved over.

Go to Settings -> Storage and I believe it's there.
  3. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there DJRice,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is a question on the internal HD for the Xbox One. The only option is using

external hard drives on the Xbox One Consoles
    . I would like to take this time to remind you of the Xbox Forum Guidelines.

• 22) Please do not discuss or post links to any topic that could violate the Terms Of Use. Including any threads or posts regarding modifying the way your Xbox operates such 'modding' and/or 'chipping' your Xbox
      or otherwise altering the way it is intended to operate. This includes ANY discussion of self-repair. Please only suggest official support procedures as noted on official support pages on Xbox.com.

Thank you for letting us know about the issue. We'll be locking the thread.
    If you ever require any help with any other Xbox issues please feel free to come back to the Xbox Forums for further assistance.

Thank you and have a great day.
  4. blueamcat Win User

Hey there! Its not made to be opened up or modified at all. I don't know that the new Xbox would recognize the old one even if you tried it. Saves are indeed stored in the cloud, so you are okay there. :)
  5. fantavet Win User

Xbox360 freezes on StartUp screen...

I have a similar issue. HDD will eventually load. Can I buy a new one and transfer data to fix the problem? I want save data before drive crashes. Loads fine when drive is removed. I assume data transfer will not bring problem to new Hdd?

Also would reformat fix the issue?
  6. IceStorm III Win User

Memory Storage Problem

[quote user="ngocphi"]the transfer cable only goes one way[/quote]That hasn't been true since Spring, 2010.

I just plugged a 250GB 360 S HDD into a 120GB RE5 console. The transfer dialog popped up. The new transfer software supports Moving data from a larger HDD to a smaller one as you have the option to select what content to move.

Incidentally, the new transfer software can Move XBOX Originals data. That appears to be the only way to move original XBOX save game file data as there's no Move option using regular System Settings, Memory.

Also, you can Transfer from either the cable to the HDD, or from the HDD to the cable. To move from the HDD to the cable-connected drive, highlight the HDD from System Settings, Memory, hit Y, then choose Transfer Content.
Thema:

1. Can i remove Xbox one HDD and connect directly to a new Xbox one X to transfer data and saves? - Similar Threads - remove HDD connect

2. How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????

in XboX Insiders
    How can I remove the keyboard and mouse future????: Guys can someone tell me how I can remove the keyboard and mouse future in Xbox cloud gaming browser I really need to fix this help me eeewe submitted by /u/Inside-Bar1951 [link] [comments]
  3. Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the ‘click or tap here to continue’ when streaming my gameplay, and streaming that...: This question has been asked before, but there is still no update and the Answers by the 'expert' were not even applicable to the XBox app, stating many options that just aren't available. Has...
  4. How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?

in XBoX on Windows
    How do I remove Friends Tab from XBox PC app?: It takes up screen real estate and I do not want it, use it, or need it. I do not do friends gaming, do not want anything but my private gaming. Tab is annoying and useless for me. [img]...
  5. Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?

in XBoX on Windows
    Remove the suspension and the ban on the my xbox account from the reinforcement team?: The reinforcement team did suspend and banned my account on the Xbox and I cant sing in and out on the my account on the Series X and I cant acess and enter the features off it and Xbox Live on...
  6. After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...

in XBoX on Consoles
    After removing my Xbox insides to clean it out I’ve forgotten to put back 2 out of 8 screws...: cleaning out my Xbox and I forgot to screw back in 2 nails. I should be fine with just 6 holding it in place right? 821dfc9d-ef83-4f2c-b71e-f12bd13f4a36
  7. Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?

in XboX Insiders
    Who tf thought it was a good idea to remove Friends In Game?: Reeks of “boss says I had to think of something new so this is what I came up with” submitted by /u/JeremyUsbourneWebb [link] [comments]
  8. Minecraft account removed from microsoft account

in XBoX on Windows
    Minecraft account removed from microsoft account: As of today, I was signed out of the official minecraft launcher AND multiMC. Signing in to both mojang and my microsoft account in my browser, it is showing I do not even own the game? I have...
  9. Anyone know why are these screenshot getting removed from the Xbox network? They're only a...

in XBoX on Windows
    Anyone know why are these screenshot getting removed from the Xbox network? They're only a...: So I went onto the xbox app to download some screenshot and noticed an alert symbol next to 2 of the images and it says it will be deleted from the Xbox Network today and I don't know why. I took...
  10. PLS HELP ME REMOVE THIS ANOYING THING I CAN'T EVEN USE F5 KEY IN MINECRAFT

in XBoX on Windows
    PLS HELP ME REMOVE THIS ANOYING THING I CAN'T EVEN USE F5 KEY IN MINECRAFT: I USE F5 KEY BUT IT ONLY APPEAR THIS AND CAN'T CHANGE CAMERA [img] 7bc19883-7ce0-4952-918b-adad4b164485