Can I reedem Sea of Thieves ancient coins code from Microsoft Rewards?

Discus and support Can I reedem Sea of Thieves ancient coins code from Microsoft Rewards? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Recently I have bought Sea of Thieves on Steam and I have some points to use on Microsoft Rewards. I'd like to buy the 1000 Ancient coins pack for Sea... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Richard Koco, Jan 5, 2024.

1. Richard Koco
    Richard Koco Guest

Recently I have bought Sea of Thieves on Steam and I have some points to use on Microsoft Rewards. I'd like to buy the 1000 Ancient coins pack for Sea of Thieves, but in terms and requirements it says that to redeem the code I must own Sea of Thieves (which I do) and Xbox Game Pass Ultimate or Xbox Game Pass Core (which I don't). Does that mean that I will not be able to reedem the code?

If I will be able to reedem the code, how exactly am I supposed to do that? Can I reedem it through steam or is there an in-game option to do that?

Can I reedem Sea of Thieves ancient coins code from Microsoft Rewards? [​IMG]

:)

Richard Koco, Jan 5, 2024
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hello again Richard,

Yes, using your Microsoft Rewards points to redeem Sea of Thieves Ancient Coins counts as redeeming/purchasing them from the Microsoft Store because the code must be redeemed through the Microsoft platform.

If you want to purchase Ancient Coins and if you play from Steam, you will need to buy them from within the game through the Steam platform to have them reflected in your game. Therefore, as you mentioned, you cannot use Microsoft Rewards points to redeem this reward because it is only applicable to the game on the Xbox platform.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  3. Richard Koco Win User

Hi Gerardo, thank you for your reply!

Does that mean that using points on Microsoft Rewards counts as purchase in Microsoft Store? So if I want to buy Ancient Coins I have to buy them through the game on steam therefore I can't use my Microsoft Rewards points to buy them right?

Thank you in advance for your answer.

Regards,
    Richard.
  4. Gerardo CG Win User

Hi there Richard, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

After doing some research, it appears that Sea of Thieves Ancient Coins, whether purchased or redeemed through the Microsoft platform, are only reflected and usable in the Microsoft Store/Xbox version of the game and not on Steam because they are two completely different platforms.

You can verify this information yourself through the following link:

https://support.seaofthieves.com/ar...Purchases-through-the-correct-platforms-Store

[​IMG]

Note: This is a non-Microsoft website. The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.

I hope this helps and if you have further questions please let me know.

Kind regards,
    Gerardo.
  5. Sodangidni Win User

Does redeeming MS Rewards points for Ancient Coin in SoT work for steam players, or am I just wasting my time?

Hello, Evan S. I'm Arturo, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

The redeemable code you receive after claiming the Ancient coins via Microsoft Rewards are for the Xbox/Microsoft Store version of Steam.

So, you will be able to see and use the currency on the Xbox version of Sea of Thieves, Evan.

If you're interested in receiving the coins on Steam, you may want to consider getting a different reward through the program. Depending on your country, you can see Amazon gift cards, Walmart gift cards, etc.

Let me know if you have any other inquiry.

Regards,

Arturo.
  6. sweaty1247 Win User

Migrate purchase to another account

So recently i bought ancient coins for Sea of Thieves but i can't understand why but i need to migrate my purchase from one account to another so it can work. Can that be possible?
    Unfortunately it is not possible to transfer any purchase from one account to another account.
Thema:

1. Can I reedem Sea of Thieves ancient coins code from Microsoft Rewards? - Similar Threads - reedem Sea Thieves

2. Reedem points

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Reedem points: Why ? When donate work reedem not work why because have 200k point eb3bb4d7-cc83-468b-a334-0fc55d841e9a
  3. Hi i got 16 digit code from my friend.is there any way i could reedem it to xbox?cuz u need...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi i got 16 digit code from my friend.is there any way i could reedem it to xbox?cuz u need...: Hi i got 16 digit code from my friend.is there any way i could reedem it to xbox?cuz u need 25 digit code and i got 16 please help 77cf5083-5a05-45c0-8678-2bea27168c1f
  4. What is my last code reedem ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    What is my last code reedem ?: What is my last code reedem ? 2544fe14-248f-4819-b03d-dfc291411bb4
  5. cant reedem coz different region

in XBoX Accessibility
    cant reedem coz different region: cant reedem coz different region cf377988-f3bf-4cb9-b4d6-e7838435dab9
  6. How can I reedem a code from another region?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    How can I reedem a code from another region?: I recently bought discord nitro but I cant reedem the code and always get this error:"This code can't be redeemed.It was purchased in a different region from your account." I tried to change the...
  7. cant reedem my gift card

in XBoX Games and Apps
    cant reedem my gift card: i bought nitro a few days back and i got xbox gamepass 2 month subscription but for some reason i cant redeem it i would really like some help b4f107d5-20a7-4929-914d-0965e01ec73a
  8. Reedem a Fortnite Dlc Code on the Wrong Account

in XBoX on Windows
    Reedem a Fortnite Dlc Code on the Wrong Account: I reedem one Dlc code for Fortnite but unlucky the wrong epic games account was linked to my Xbox. So i bought another Dlc code but now when i try to reedem the new code it says i allready...
  9. Xbox one reedem problem

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox one reedem problem: I bought game for xbox one (minecraft starter colection)and it was reedemed for windows 10ffa96c-bace-4830-86b5-9e0dc1057d22
  10. Can't reedem live subscription geo restricted

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can't reedem live subscription geo restricted: I have this love gold subscription and my location is currently Egypt but I got this Xbox from USA for the past 3 years Ive been buying subscriptions from USA but when I tried this time it says...