Can i recover an account that had its email changed

Discus and support Can i recover an account that had its email changed in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; my account had its email changed a while ago and i havent been able to get it back can i get some help 83ca05c7-ebe0-40c6-91cf-04d7614b6a2c Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Arngrímur Dagur Arnarsson, Dec 2, 2023.

1. Can i recover an account that had its email changed

my account had its email changed a while ago and i havent been able to get it back can i get some help

:)

Arngrímur Dagur Arnarsson, Dec 2, 2023
  2. Courtney Todd Win User

Hi Arngrímur, my name is Courtney and I would be happy to help.

Could you give me more details about the problem you are having? I understand that your account email was changed, but someone stole it and changed the email or was it just you, and you don't have access to the new email?

The only solution to recover access to an account in this condition is through the account recovery form. If for some reason you cannot fill out the form, unfortunately the account cannot be recovered.

Form: https://account.live.com/acsr

Please note that support cannot help in this type of case since they are not authorized, the only alternative/solution is through the account recovery form.

I hope you understand, I wish you good luck.

Best regards,
    Courtney.
  3. Wille M. Win User

Recovering an account that had its contact info changed

Hi, I hope you're doing great out there.

I'm Wille, an Independent advisor and I am here to help you with your concern.

I'm sorry you're having this issue, as I understand your concerns about the privacy of your account and how annoying not being able to access it can be. Situations where our email account with personal information, contacts, messages and even our documents are really involved are a little more delicate.

You will not be able to fill out the ACSR form as the Hacker changed your account alias and removed it. When the hacker manages to change the password, and the account alias, it is because he also has access to security information, as well as, cell phone, alternative email that you yourself registered in your account.

Unfortunately, when the hacker manages to change the account's security information, the account is hardly recoverable. That's why it's very important to keep your security info up to date and use different passwords across all platforms.

Even if you create the account with the same domain as before, you will not be able to view your games, subscriptions and emails, as it is a new account.

I'm a user like you and there's not much I can do in the community as visibility is public. Contact MSA Support and see if you can follow the Account Control Process (ATO), investigation is done on a case-by-case basis.

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox/forum/...

Hoping that everything works out for the best.

I hope I helped you. Hugs!
  4. MatthewM0B Win User

My account got hacked and deleted.

Recovering my microsoft account is probably is impossible but is there a way to recover my Xbox account, it still exist when I search it up and it looks like it was untouched. My Xbox is "" is it possible for staff to check that account history of emails that its was connected to verify I used to own that Xbox account and change the email its connected or can you guys do nothing about it.

Please it would really help out a ton.
  5. Geri M. Win User

How can i recover a minecraft account associated with a microsoft account that was hacked and had its email and password changed?

Hi Seth Mcdonald,

We haven't heard from you for 72 hours, so we assume the issue has already been resolved. We will not monitor this thread going forward, so if you need further assistance, click this link to create a new thread to discuss these issues. Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

[​IMG]

Thank you for your understanding.

Kind regards,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  6. Geri M. Win User

How can i recover a minecraft account associated with a microsoft account that was hacked and had its email and password changed?

Hello Seth Mcdonald,

Good day and we you are well today.

First, I would like to offer our deepest apologies for the lack of a timely response to your question. We suffered some unexpected staffing issues over the holidays and clearly we let you down. Can you please let us know if you still need assistance with this, or if you already solved it through another path?

Again, our apologies, and thank you for your understanding as we try to catch up.

We look forward to your reply.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
Thema:

1. Can i recover an account that had its email changed - Similar Threads - recover account email

2. Is there a way to recover my Xbox account without an email?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Is there a way to recover my Xbox account without an email?: I lost the email I signed into my account with, and it no longer exists anymore. I lost the PC I had my Xbox account on, and I can't seem to do anything. Is there a solution???...
  3. How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I recover an Xbox account when the email has been deleted, is this possible or have...: I recently had an Xbox account permanently sign me out and realized the email used to create it has been deleted, is there anyway to recover my account without it. All the Microsoft support seems...
  4. How can I Recover A Hacked Email/Account

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I Recover A Hacked Email/Account: So recently I tried to play Minecraft and microsoft asked me to sign in with my email. When I tried to it said that my account did not exist. So I kept trying again and again. But that did not...
  5. Can i recover a Microsoft account if I have forgotten which email address I used?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can i recover a Microsoft account if I have forgotten which email address I used?: My son has managed to sign out of his minecraft account and I can't remember which email address I used to set up the Microsoft account linked to it... I've tried all the email addresses I can...
  6. I know my username but i lost my email can i recover the account?

in XBoX Accessibility
    I know my username but i lost my email can i recover the account?: I Brought Minecraft on an account and lost the email but im still logged in and can play on microsoft games with the account can i recover the email? 8c741100-ba3c-41cc-b4bd-999adc36672f
  7. How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed)

in XBoX Accessibility
    How Do i recover my hacked minecraft account (Email Changed and Username changed): On Saturday, Around 5:58 PM, December 23rd 2023, i was playing minecraft on hypixel when someone invited me to a party. they said they wanted to vc so i friended them on discord. they invited me...
  8. Recover Account - Email hacked and shut down

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recover Account - Email hacked and shut down: Hi. Locked out of my account. My email was hacked and Microsoft shut down my account. Now, I have a son crying because he can't play games and all of his data is possibly lost. Xbox support saying...
  9. HELP RECOVERING MY EMAIL ACCOUNT AND MY XBOX ACCOUNT (LOCKED OUT)

in XBoX Accessibility
    HELP RECOVERING MY EMAIL ACCOUNT AND MY XBOX ACCOUNT (LOCKED OUT): Hi everyone, I need serious help getting back into my email account which is linked to my Xbox account, I've had my account for 17 years and when I first started my profile I cant remember what...
  10. I forgot my email and I just remember my minecraft name what can I do to recover my account

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I forgot my email and I just remember my minecraft name what can I do to recover my account: I forgot my email and I just remember my minecraft name what can I do to recover my account 536510a7-d891-474d-9bbd-654309c66447